main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MF Ternian Report: The Death of Amidala Skywalker

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Get_in_Gear, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMolly

DarthMolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    "Vader himsef admits to the audience he didn't know of Leia until Luke's thoughts betrayed her. I'm always dismayed people still debate this"

Right - and he shouldn't know about her name, either, don't you think? I also don't think Vader knows about Luke, either as I said in a previous post. It just wouldn't make sense. Remember in ESB emperor feels a disturbance in the force and Vader says he has felt it. Emperor says it is young rebel who desroyed Death Star - young Skywalker. Vader says "How is that possible?" Emperor says search your feelings. So, in ESB Vader learns his son lives.

2. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    If it goes down like that, I will be very please with that scene. Seeing the jaipor snippet like that will probably bring a tear to my eye too.

3. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I thought it was confirmed by Motee and JG that Yoda had been thrown against the wall by Palps' in that pic - same way Mace gets thrown out the window...

4. DarthMolly

DarthMolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    vader has no reason to think she ishis daughter........the only thing that would be different from wjhat you just said would be that he knew she was supposed to be named leia.........vade rcould nto sence her because she had never used the force.......she never needed to and bail probably helped supress her using it because he knew somone would be able to sence it.......also sidious was under yodas ( and the rest of the jedi's) nose for thirteen years but he never sensed it.......the dark side clouds EVERYTHING including their own vision

But aren't there many many posts saying Leia uses the force to remember her mother? Images, feeling, etc. I am confused.

5. Mitt_Tailblazer

Mitt_Tailblazer Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    The fact that Vader doesn't know about Leia until Luke's thoughts betray her during ROTJ makes me feel even stronger that he should not have known that it would be their daughters name.

6. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    Well because we're now putting so much into Qui-gon as truly knowing the correct knowledge of the force, we might as well look to him for the answer as to WHY Vader don't recognize Leia or Luke as his daughter in the OTs.

"You're focus determine your reality."- Qui-Gon to lttle Anakin in TPM.

Vader reality will be at the end of ROTS that his children died with Padme's death. Until he search his feeling as advised by the emperor in TESB does he realize that he has a son.

and until he search Luke's feelings at the end of ROTJ did he realize he had another child. Leia.

Although I must admit, I always thought that scene in TESB when Leia looks so intently at Vader just before Han is lower in the carbonite as forshadowing that they may have a relationship of sorts.

7. Child_of_the_70s

Child_of_the_70s Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2003
    So Padme pulls a Tammy Wynette until the very end? She never gets to go all Kaye Corleone on Anakin? Pity that.

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    you know with the new spoiler about yodas escape it might be after he lands.......but I think youre right motee said it was yoda after getting a healthy dose of palpatine special

9. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Right - and he shouldn't know about her name, either, don't you think? I also don't think Vader knows about Luke, either as I said in a previous post. It just wouldn't make sense. Remember in ESB emperor feels a disturbance in the force and Vader says he has felt it. Emperor says it is young rebel who desroyed Death Star - young Skywalker. Vader says "How is that possible?" Emperor says search your feelings. So, in ESB Vader learns his son lives.

i agree with the leia bit but i would have to say you are wrong about the Luke bit. Vader did know about Luke before that converstaion with the emperor. But typically for a sith he is planning to overthrow his master and rule the galaxy with his son. He realises however at the end of ESB that he cannot do it alone and needs the emeprors help. The emperor wants luke as his new apprentice.

Which ever way you look at it it would still seem strange that Vader doesnt put 2 and 2 together with Leia if he knew about her - Bails duaghter, right age, same look etc etc

10. Newbie_Jedi79

Newbie_Jedi79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2004
    And yet here is Qui-Gon telling the Jedi in ROTS, that love in the answer to the darkness

what is this all about?

11. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    It's about reading the thread before walking into it to post. We're going around in circles folks... just read the prior posts and all the accumulated Motee references.

12. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    So Padme pulls a Tammy Wynette...

LOL! It is a bit disappointing, isn't it.

13. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Newbie_Jedi79: Motee revealed ealier a line from ROTS which is now in my sig. :)

14. who-put-u-n-charge

who-put-u-n-charge Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    Although I must admit, I always thought that scene in TESB when Leia looks so intently at Vader just before Han is lower in the carbonite as forshadowing that they may have a relationship of sorts.

Yeah, I always thought that particular scene was very interesting.....[face_thinking] I figured that she was just pissed off at Vader because of all of the ****! he kept putting her through, but then again....

15. Newbie_Jedi79

Newbie_Jedi79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2004
    I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find that out, it only took Tion 2 minutes to write it to tell me. Thanks Tion fot your help

16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It is a bit disappointing, isn't it.

I think it speaks to her character and integrity. She honestly believes in the good that leis within him and knows he has been poisoned by evil.

Heroism isn't just about waving a blaster around, swaggering, and self-preservation and self-interest.

Padme will emerge as the true hero(ine) of the episode.

17. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    Wow, my head is spinning after reading all of this.

=P~=P~=P~=P~

So much info, can'y digest it all.

18. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Tern's been spending too much time with SI, he was horrible too when releasing the goods... horrible in all the right ways of course. ;p

19. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Very interesting stuff. Sounds like ROTS has the bonus of being a visual effects spectacular action piece mixed with a meaningful story, please let this be the PT film to shut the critics up.
    When listening to these spoilers its hard to piece the story together but I suppose when we watch it, it will all slot into place.

So basically QGJ was the only Jedi to be aware to new things, to accept life in all its forms and to show compassion to everyone, hence he learned the ancient secrets of life in the...afterlife.

Can we still assume that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi around after Anakin, but what makes him second after QGJ is his inability to show as much compassion?

Oh, and that is why the young Anakin returns in ROTJ - because he did love, he loved his wife and his unborn children, but everything went down the pan for him and he lost his soul to the devil. Then he was taught to love again by his son, and he returned as his true self, the Anakin that was before he became "more machine than man".

It's stuff like this that makes you proud to love SW, it truly is the best story ever, I love SW and thank you Lucas for giving us this gift.

20. BlasterMast3r

BlasterMast3r Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2004
    That dialogue is so korny that I will probably laugh again, like I did while I watched the end of Titanic or the first Lord of The Rings movie. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Why do Hollywood-films (american) have to put crappy stuff like that when people die.

How about die silently after watching your newborn babies. NO words, JUST the emotion? Now that would be tense and good. This is the stuff my nightmares are made of.

21. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Can we still assume that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi around after Anakin, but what makes him second after QGJ is his inability to show as much compassion?

"Senator Amidala, seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart"

Sounds pretty compassionate to me. Qui Gon will just reassure Yoda.

22. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    Padme will emerge as the true hero(ine) of the episode.

I disagree somewhat, P. D. .

She does have a hand in Anakin's fall to the dark side also and there were things that she could've done to helped pervented his fall if she had done the right thing.

There was a great thread after AOTC came out asking "How much is Padme to blame for Anakin's fall?" that question some of the decisions she made because of her feelings for Anakin.

I think in the end she is like Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the Jedi as a whole as TRAGIC heroes who didn't see their mistakes till it was too late.

23. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>Obi-Wan loses all faith in Anakin when he decides during their Mustafar battle to go on the offensive rather than be on the defensive and persuading him to stop.

And yet it seems that he may well show some faith in his old apprentice at the end of/after the duel, Sapes.

>>>>Obi-Wan further reiterates this during their Death Star battle by saying he's nothing but a master of evil.

That doesn't mean that Obi-Wan believes that there is no good left inside of Anakin, Sapes. Especially seeing as he also gives his last lesson to his former apprentice onboard the first Death Star - sacrifice.

A lesson Anakin finally learns onboard the second DS.

-JR :)

24. who-put-u-n-charge

who-put-u-n-charge Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    How about die silently after watching your newborn babies. NO words, JUST the emotion? Now that would be tense and good.

-Yes, but only for "True-Fans" with an "in-depth" experience with SW. Other more casual movie-goers would miss the point if the appropriate dialogue weren't inserted into the film. Kinda sucks, but Lucas isn't making the movies just for folks that keep up with the story inside and out.

25. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    After TPM, there was a huge debate in a thread called "Yoda was wrong...period." It was a few years ago. I wish I had saved it. It would be interesting to see if the beliefs people had professed then had turned out to be correct.

I fought so hard defending the little green Master. Hmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.