MF Ternian Report: The Death of Amidala Skywalker

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Get_in_Gear, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tee4jc85 Jedi Master

star 4
    haha BACK TO THE POD RACES!!!

LOVE IT

EDIT: sorry molly, got carried away again...in ALL SERIOUSNESS I stand by my previous comments on the issue
  2. DarthMolly Jedi Knight

star 1
    This righ after the whole Padme's apt. "You will learn your place" fiasco, I would have been like..."You know what? Protect yourself. I'm the Chosen One here, you all can kiss my arse. Kill your own Sith Lord, I'm going to the Pod Races, to hell with the lot of ya."

Yay Yay!! Yay!!!! You got it girlfriend! Now don't we all feel the LOVE on this board tonight?
  3. Darphus_Mon Jedi Knight

star 2
    rhonderoo - woo hoo! thank you for noticing that. My roommate and I are constanly marveling on how (if you look closely, no joke) the actors playing Anakin (Lloyd and Christensen) use similar mannerisms to Luke and Vader (and now I will have to look for Leia as well). This has to be on purpose or a HUGE coincidence (I'm thinking the former) and this is HOW Lucas has directed this character. And this may not be the way that the "average uninformed fan" wanted Anakin to be like (more OT Obi Wan good man type of guy, more Jude Law-esque) and that's not who Anakin is. I much prefer this complicated type person to some Mel Gibson uber-hero version of Anakin.
  4. tee4jc85 Jedi Master

star 4
    I like Anakin with his flaws and all. he's more relatable. dont we ALL have attatchment/love/letting things go issues?? AND if i was told from the time I was 9 i was 'the chosen one' and going to be ulta-powerful AND was gonna fullfill some prophecy...then everytime I got closer to it got beat upside the head by the same people who fed it to me...I WOULD BE PISSED TOO.

Obi-wan is kick ass, but seriously, who actually relates to the guy?
  5. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Seriously. I'm the mom of a sixteen year old. If I talked to him like that.... :rolleyes:.

He would be SO rebellious.

I just think Anakin got no love between most of TPM and AOTC. If he did it was from Obi and that was it. But the scenes in AOTC with Obi and Ani had me wincing they were so harsh.

And I see what you're saying about the actors favoring. To me - Anakin = Leia. Padme = Luke. It's scary how the actors' mannerisms, personality (character's) and looks comes through in the saga. You could look at Hayden and say that twenty years before ANH he could be Leia's dad.
  6. DarthMolly Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like Anakin with his flaws and all. he's more relatable. dont we ALL have attatchment/love/letting things go issues??

I like Anakin too!! I feel bad for him. But I had to watch AOTC a few times before it all sunk in. At first he seemed kinda bi-polar to me because he whined all the time, but then if I put myself in his place I would be the same way. I mean - he was BORN of the IMMACULATE CONCEPTION - built a droid, won the pod races - (and hey - even that bugged me becuase his little friend were dissing him while he was working on his pod - how he'll never finish and they're going to go play), flew a Naboo fighter & destroyed the enemy droid ship, etc, etc. but he was criticised and distrusted all the time by his fellow Jedi's and the girl he loved. And as a Jedi with a strong sense of the force he knew his mother was suffering but was supposed to ignore it. What kind of cold hearted person is supposed to ignore their own mothers suffering. Bring on Vader!!!!!
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Obi-wan is kick ass, but seriously, who actually relates to the guy?

Um...the pastor at my church? Catholic priests? I dunno.
  8. tee4jc85 Jedi Master

star 4
    ya it took me a few times of AOTC to truly see that Anakin is the only NORMAL one.

that guy has been getting the emotional beat down his whole life! its no wonder he clung to palpatine's robes. I think the Jedi almost deserve the Purge for there extreme obliviousness to their own actions. wooo Molly! 'BRING ON VADER!'
  9. DarthMolly Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awwww. Yous are all my new bestest friends :-B

edit: Wow, I scared 'em all away with that one! I'm not really a nerd. :-B

Anyhoo - I'll repost the topic before the mods lock the thread:

"She was very beautiful. Kind... but sad." Leia Skywalker, Return of the Jedi

"If it's a girl... we were going to name her Leia..." says Padme as the birth of her daughter begins.

A medical droid approaches Padme. "It's a boy," it says. Padme reaches out and touches the infants head.

"Luke," she says. A second baby is baby is brought to her by the droid.

"It's a girl," says the droid. But Padme is no longer her self - she is delirious.

"Anakin!" she suddenly cries. Obi-Wan comforts her, telling her that Anakin is not there and that she has had twins.

Padme begins to talk, drifiting in and out of consciousness. "Anakin, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... Anakin, please... I love you..."

Yoda enters the room and Obi-Wan shakes his head in sorrow. But then Padme regains consciousness for one last time and puts something into Kenobi's hand.

"Obi-Wan, there is still good in him... I know... there... is... still... "

As Padme Amidala Skywalker dies, Obi-Wan opens his hand and gazes upon a jaipor snippet.

10. Miaka_Yuki Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi-Wan is a noble character and followed evry principle according to what have been written and what was told. Boring... Sir Alec and Ewan's portrayal added weight to the character.

And IMO, after RoTS, Darth Vader would appear to me not someone who really personified evil in the universe. But rather he symbolizes the failure of Anakin Skywalker and the failure of the Jedi Council. The Chosen One doesnt sided on them.

As if those cape and helm as well as the whole Vader figure screaming "JEDI ARE LOSERS!!!!!!" :p Sith Lord rulezz, until RoTJ. :p
  11. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Plus, capes are sexy.

We need to go take over the Official Darth Vader thread.

Topic-

This spoiler is sad, and Padme loved Anakin even at the very end. Just like I said before somewhere, she carries over and makes the OT a love story, because Vader gave up until Luke (her son by him) came along.
  12. LQ_ Jedi Youngling

star 7
    WOW, I just finish reading the spoiler for "The Death of Amidala Skywalker"....Jesus Christ, what a steaming pile!!

COmplete nonsense, and what is this Qui-Gon tomfoolery? God Damn it Lucas, why are you doing this to us. You should leave Qui-Gon just the way you left our hopes and dreams for Episode 3......DEAD.

13. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    COmplete nonsense, and what is this Qui-Gon tomfoolery? God Damn it Lucas, why are you doing this to us. You should leave Qui-Gon just the way you left our hopes and dreams for Episode 3......DEAD.

Wow. [Yoda]Dissappointed are you? [/Yoda]
  14. JediHPDrummer Jedi Master

star 3
    It seems that George is dwelving into eastern philosphy, especially Buddhism.
    The Probelm with the Jedi is that they are looking to much into the future, and not on the present. Qui Gon focused on the moment; this philosphy is one of the 4 noble truths in Buddhism. The idea of concentration on the present moment; not on the past or future, or one's desires. I've always thought as Qui-Gon as the quintessential Boddhistva; he is compassionate, caring, kind. He puts others in front of himself. However, he doesn't delay enlightment or come back to carnal life to help mankind. Or maybe be does?
    It's ironic that Anakin is named Anakin because in Buddhism "Annica" means impermanence; Something that Anakin needs to do. He needs to accept that everything changes in life. He gets to possesed and attached to objects or people. He has to accept the inevetible, that every one dies. Possession only leads to dukkha (suffering). You can't be in fear of losing things or fear of dying, or you will go insane. It only leads to hate and anger. Because he wants to possess things, he needs the power and control. So he meets Mephistopoles(Palpatine) and becomes Faust. However, Anakin does become Annica in ROTJ.

edit: Hey teeG4c. I totally agree with you about being more relatable to anakin. I know i'm very relatable to him. Sometimes i can't understand why i get so possessed and attach sometimes. Sometimes my girlfriend says she is going to come over or that i'm going to see her that day. But if she does neither i start to get insane. I start to suffer, experiance dukkha because of my selfish desires and when she calls me to say she is sorry. I start to get angry at her and yell at her. I dont do it too much anymore, but i can understand Anakin. I have a fear of losing my girlfriend, and a fear of dying. Sometimes I think like Faust or Anakin, that I want to sell my soul to be young again, to get all that power.
    I have to accept the inevitble and accept change. Because life is impermanent(For me at least).
  15. RileyLewis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Or it's a coincidence and Lucas is just making it up.
  16. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Wrong! :)
  17. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    "If good and evil are mixed things become blurred - there is nothing between good and evil, everything is grey. In each of us we have balance these emotions, and in the Star Wars saga the most important point is balance, balance between everything. It is dangerous to lose this."
    -- George Lucas

"The film is ultimately about the dark side and the light side, and those sides are designed around compassion and greed. The issue of greed, of getting things and owning things and having things and not being able to let go of things, is the opposite of compassion?of not thinking of yourself all the time. These are the two sides?the good force and the bad force. They're the simplest parts of a complex cosmic construction."
    ?-George Lucas

"I would like to see our society mature, and become more rational and more knowledge-based, less emotion-based. I'd like to see education play a larger role in our daily lives, have people come to a larger understanding?a ?bigger picture? understanding?of how we fit into the world, and how we fit into the universe. Not necessarily thinking of ourselves, but thinking of others.

Whether we're going to accomplish this, I'm not sure. Obviously, people have a lot of different dreams of where America should be, and where it should fit into things. Obviously, very few of them are compatible, and very few of them are very compatible with the laws of nature. Human nature means battling constantly between being completely self-absorbed and trying to be a communal creature. Nature makes you a communal creature. The ultimate single-minded, self-centered creature is a cancer cell. And mostly, we're not made up of cancer cells."

-? George Lucas, Academy of Achievement Interview, 1999
  18. Dabulls19 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It seems that George is dwelving into eastern philosphy, especially Buddhism.

I think that eastern philosophies have always been present in the Star Wars movies. Yin-Yang. Good vs Evil. Light vs Dark.

But I think the stories he is telling now paints the picture of Anakin as a Christ-figure. Think about it. The guy has to suffer, dies, and then is reborn in order to bring balance and save us.

As for Qui-Gon, I always pictured him as the rebel hippie of the Jedi Order. I like the fact that (according to the spoilers), he voices the true secret of the force to Yoda. Kinda of a "student has become the teacher" philosophy.

The Qui-Gon having a part in the conception of Luke and Leia...yeah, that I agree is heading down the wrong road.
  19. Mr_Boba_Jango Force Ghost

star 3

Wrong!

Well put, Pooja. :)
  20. Mr_Boba_Jango Force Ghost

star 3
    I like Anakin with his flaws and all. he's more relatable. dont we ALL have attatchment/love/letting things go issues??

It seems pretty easy to see why Anakin makes the decisions he makes. He?s been told he is ?The Chosen One? and he is cursed with horrible dreams that come true. I suppose it might be easier to ?let go? if you didn?t know for a fact that your wife and child were going to die. But when you have this information and you?re supposed to be the most powerful being in the galaxy, it would tend to make you a bit anxious if you weren?t able to prevent it. If I were in his boots, I would do everything I could to try to save them. If my dreams always came true and I dreamed that my wife and child were going to die in a car accident the next day, I?d hide the keys and wouldn?t let her out the door in the morning. And I would certainly trade my life for theirs in a heartbeat. I?d probably stop short of selling my soul to the Devil, but I?d do just about everything else to save them.
  21. tee4jc85 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lucas is delving into EVERYTHING

Im not fond of this guy but he said it best...

'The Force=Religons greatest hits!'-Mark Hamill

EDIT: HPDrummer...we hurt the ones we love. It's a general human flaw, if anyone searched enough everyone would relate to Anakin! im glad you agree :)

EDIT: BobaJango...wouldnt we all...wouldnt we all :( its just all so tragic! *takes a swig from flask*
  22. appleseed Force Ghost

star 4

Riiiiggghhhtttt....

If something this interesting and well-written isn't good enough for you, then yeah, your hopes for Episode 3 are definately dead and I suggest you don't even bother with it.
  23. cgjung Jedi Knight

star 1
    SINISTER!!!
    You the man!!
    Those quotes are great.
    Great.
  24. Darth_M-Monroe Jedi Master

star 1
    "If Anakin knew Padme was pregnant and was planning on calling her Leia, surely he would have recognised his daughter in ANH and ESB who:

1) Is named Leia
    2) Looks like Padme
    3) Would have been able to sense the Force in her."

Ya,I have really pondered about this concept also. Does he just know her as the "Princess of Alderran"?
  25. DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally I'm delighted about all this - I've always been an advocate that Qui-Gon was right, that the Jedi Order in the PT was making huge mistakes in their world-view, and that Qui-Gon influenced them to change their minds between PT and OT. I never expected it to happen in the form of a dialogue scene, though - that's better than I could have imagined. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.