main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MF Ternian Report: The Death of Amidala Skywalker

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Get_in_Gear, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    So he doesn't appear in physical form...

Hooray!

2. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    Leia will never EVER know about Padme or Anakin - the memory wipe scene will show u this to be the case.

Leia's memories of her mother are simply a way to show us that she uses the Force - and the Force is using her (ie. Midis).

3. chal

chal Jedi Master star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    So he doesn't appear in physical form...

that's just my interpretation, though...

4. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    So Padme has no idea that her mother was Padme? Interesting. Obvious when you think about it I guess, but I always kind of assumed she knew her mom. I guess that the echoes with the buns and with Yoda and all that sort of fit into one catergory, which is things seeping through via the force. Still an opportuntiy missed in my opinion, but an interesting way to go.

PS: Do we learn a reason why R2 is not wiped?

5. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    NCT...there is areason that line by Yoda is in ESB...it explains what Leia says in ROTJ...and she has "...feelings, really"..not flat out memories..

6. Miaka_Yuki

Miaka_Yuki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Maybe Padme really hold Leia first then talk to her. After she dies, Luke should be born first and then her last word was that line "there is still good on him" that marked w/ the baby Luke

He doesnt have any memory of Padme but she lives w/in him bcoz she's the mother! :p

7. NoCloneTheories

Mar 22, 2003
    Naberrie -- I know, but why is it to the exclusion of Luke? Just because she is a daughter? There just seems something strange about the fact that Leia has these images and feelings, and Luke doesn't at all.

8. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    Qui-Gon had a hand in Luke and Leia's conception. The guy knew what he was doing.

9. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Both droids memories are wiped.
    Does Antillies do the wiping?

10. NoCloneTheories

Mar 22, 2003
    "Qui-Gon had a hand in Luke and Leia's conception." <---funny image

Wow -- Qui-Gon brought about Luke and Leia? Was it a method to bring Anakin some humanity? Do we get a specific reason why it was these twins babies that Qui-Gon chose as the vehicle for bringing Anakin back?

PS: I believe some sources have indicated that R2 is NOT wiped after all, despite some contradictory reports.

11. femme01

femme01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2004
    Qui-Gon had a hand in Luke and Leia's conception. The guy knew what he was doing.

LOL. Here come the jokes... ;)

12. chal

chal Jedi Master star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    :eek: Qui-Gon had a hand in their conception...

Bizarre bedroom images of Anakin, Padme and Qui-Gon together aside, did he make them twins through the force to double chances?

13. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    OMG...this is all too much....its making my head hurt...

so all i can say is bring on the pain!

14. 5551212

5551212 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2004
    "Remove Yoda from the pedestal you had him on, and replace him with QUI-GON!"

Good Point Motee. It makes sense, the black sheep of The Jedi and he was actually right. The Will of The Force. Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan were always too far right to see it. The Emperor, Dooku and Anakin were too far left and tried to maipulate it. There is no balance.

It seems you have to be somewhere inbetween to get it right. Qui Gon knew it, Dooku thought he had it and it took Anakin 25 years to figure it out.

Again, everything we thought we knew about these characters is being revealed as something else. It's an excellent move by GL and it strengthens the importance of what is happening in the OT.

LOVING THIS STUFF
    oNE

15. EwokPerv

EwokPerv Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    So Qui-Gon was with Anakin and Padme on their wedding night!

16. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Jul 30, 2002

uhh yeah..please explain that one before the worst thread in the history of fandom is started....cause you know ti will be...

17. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    The end of this movie is really going to pile on the plot points...

18. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    //single tear

This movie is going to be so damn good.

19. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    i don't think it's right to make qui-gon into a saint or anything. he may have got it right with the force and everything...

personally, i like him a lot, but he should have tried harder to make the jedi see what he sees. he comes of as defiant. he's not really strategic or wise enough in making the council understand the will of the force..

he's partly to blame. all jedi must take the blame for this one -qui-gon too!

20. iwtgbw

iwtgbw Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    Motee,

First, I'm interpretting your info on Qui-Gon to mean that he was the only Jedi who had it "right." That Yoda, Mace, and the Jedi order were fundamentally flawed in their belief system and use of the force. Is that correct?

Second, does this mean that in ANH when Luke is getting training aboard MF and asks if the Force controls your actions to which OB-1 replies "Partially, but it also obeys your commands." that OB-1 is giving Luke bad advice?

21. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    Man, this thread went downhill quickly...lol.

Bail, Yoda and Obi-Wan discuss Qui-Gon's influence over midis in Luke and Leia.

22. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
  23. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000

Hmmm. Don't know if I like that..

24. chal

chal Jedi Master star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    He gave them a midi count higher than Anakin?

25. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Jul 30, 2002

Bail, Yoda and Obi-Wan discuss Qui-Gon's influence over midis in Luke and Leia.

so AFTER yoda has his talk with qui and is made to understand..the three of them sit down and discuss the twins..and what qui has told yoda and how it relates to the twins is part of the discussion?

that makes sense...I can see that..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.