main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST MF WORLD PREMIERE • THE SHOOTING SCHEDULE VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luke Skyywalker, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah,but then you read more and it say Rey's special. which basicly translate to force user. Don't see that with Finn. Not trying to cause any debate. Just seems odd to give a none force user a jedi weapon. Also you don't need to give someone a jedi weapon to prove someone worth. So the idea that Maz told him to use it just to feel good about himself seems silly. Why not just use a blaster then.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this is literally what msw has been working with. so you skeptics can see it's not all clearly spelled out.

i think the starkiler destroys "the tunnel of love" means they destroy hosnian prime, the home of the new republic. all parties can see it's destruction in their skies.

3. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    And some people were worried about this movie being too dark. Some of these sequences sound so damn fun.

4. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    because why would you give the sword to someone who doesn't want it? and why wouldn't you give it to someone who wants to embrace it? He might not have the force but the force can be accessed to someone who embraces and searches for it.

5. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't get exactly what Rey is. She is able to turn the tables on Kylo with some type of force power, And supposedly fight him w/out being injured. She some kind of uber force user. Somebody had to teach her. That seems still unknown. That thing says Kylo was trained by his uncle when he was a kid.

Luke02 and MagnaZero like this.
  6. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    So just because he said it looks cool. You let him use it? That like giving a gun to a child and saying go play. lol I guess I'm just a little upset,because I was looking forward to Finn being a force user also. espically after all the promos and stuff and to find out it was misdirection bums me out. I get over it,but still disappointed.

MagnaZero and Granek like this.
  7. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    This makes things loads more interesting though. I mean.... the grandson is obsessed with Vader, and Luke the person who 'technically' defeated Vader is his uncle.

There's so much twisted stuff that can happen between scenes of those two, especially going forward into episode VIII

Seeher likes this.
  8. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    IMHO, they are both Force sensitive, with Rey being special (similar to Anakin, but not quite that special) and Finn being like an Obi-Wan or any of the other Jedi in the PT. TFA may not give us the answers to this!

jjgriffin likes this.
  9. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    What is 201? Well the answer is. Knights of Ren attack Academy. Luke fights em off. Loses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    No, people are really taking things the wrong way. It's like Ben Kenobi seeing something special in Luke. Maybe Maz sees a drive in Finn, sees that the force is calling to him too. He just needs a push. Embracing the lightsaber is the push, and when Rey finally embraces it, it helps her embrace her destiny also.

Darth Sater likes this.
  11. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Maybe he is and I'm reading it wrong. Which is possible. It why I still say it confusssing. lmao

12. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    putting the pieces together with the visuals we've seen and what we know of the new republic, what the starkiller does is on a whole other level folks. it makes the death star and the destruction of alderaan look like a firecracker.

Danfromumbrella likes this.
  13. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Well it's still a vague outline, ya know? I mean... they don't spell out everything in it.

14. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I know this isn't like a favorite theory or anything, but maybe Rey isn't anyone.

Maybe she is the new version of the prophecy, if everything have a circle and resets itself. It makes since. Then again, I could just be jumping to conclusions for stuff that I think sounds cool. I don't know.

Nothing in this makes me think she is blood related to anyone.

15. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I feel like this makes it up for the Luke fans, no? Seeing Luke train Kylo....etc...knowing Luke is the uncle.

There's a bit more Luke than we all thought. What info did MSW get? Did he have some missing scenes?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    So we're getting a younger Han, Leia & Luke in the flashback?

And for those who are angry that we wouldn't see the OT3 again in a scene together, I guess this is somewhat of a thrown bone?

Solo-Skywalker and MattOrgana like this.
  17. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's them currently. Why would they have to be young? It'd be yearrrrs after Return of the jedi anyway most likely. They could digitally do it. I also think it's a good way to get the main three together.

18. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Hence the confusion with the Finn stuff. They say to give the lightsaber to Finn,but it not really explained well why in the outline.

19. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    nope. nope. nope. nope. runs away.

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i believe statura is the code name for pz because she's so tall.

21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Maybe with the right effects and "flashback fogginess" they were able to use the real actors to play younger versions of themselves?

Knessa84 likes this.
  22. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Exactly, but I'm sure it's because Maz sees something in Finn.

" I've lived long enough to have seen the same eyes in different people, i've seen your eyes, I know your eyes."

doesn't necessarily have to be about Rey, it could be about Finn. Maybe she can SEE what is in a person. Maybe she can tell the good in a person...or the force within a person. There's no telling what all this means, it just seems like a very exciting outline to a star wars movie at this point.

23. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

[​IMG]

:D [face_laugh]

24. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    They have enough know how these days to digitally enhance a face or use certain camera angles to mask age. Either way it takes place probably way later than Return of the jedi so there doesn't need to be much age altering at all. I also don't think we heard any real rumors of ALL THREE having different actors playing them within the movie, so i wouldn't be worried.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, that's actually kinda cool that we may be getting the Big Three together again after all. It may be in flashback form, but hey, it still counts! I have hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.