MI- Auburn Hills- FYE DVD Promo- November 4

Discussion in 'Detroit, MI' started by BlastyTrooper, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    What: The FYE at Great Lake Crossing is letting us have another charity event there to help promote the Unaltered DVDs. We're allowed to raise money for charity again. We can discuss what charity here and at the Squad meeting.

I'd like to do photos for donations and have a Kids Activity Area again.

When: November 4th. Time 2-6 pm. If you are costumer or coming as non-costume help, PLEASE be there by 1 pm or earlier to help set up and get instructions!

Last November was crazy silly busy with all the holiday shoppers. Now that we're charging $5 for photos instead of $3, we have a good opportunity to reach $700 or more!

Who:
    Blasty- non-costume
    Susie- camera
    Brooke-TD & bring printer
    Rob-TK
    Jaster- TK
    Carolyn- Mara/kids area???
    Carrie-Padme?
    Jason-X-Wing pilot?
    Jeremy- TB
    Jason U- TD
    Martin- TIE Pilot
    Chris- TK
    Julie- Officer
    Dave- Boba Fett
    Shawn- Vader
    Donovyn- mini TK
    Steve- Jedi
    Rob- Jedi
    Michael- Jedi
    Mike S.- non-costume help

Where:
    F.Y.E. store at Great Lakes Crossing Mall
    4000 Baldwin Road
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326
    1-877-SHOP-GLC

Directions: GLC is just South of I-75 between exits 83 (Joslyn Rd) and 84 (Baldwin Rd)
  2. robt666 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jon, I have not done a FYE event yet. what is the best way to get in the store and do we have a place to change? I will see you guys there.:D

also if I bring my Cam can one of the Non-costume guys/girls take pics fo the event for me??
  3. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rob- FYE is towards the middle of the mall. If you enter through the main entrance by Burlington Coat Factory or Outdoor World, you will run into FYE. There in a family bathroom we can use to change. It can hold four troopers at a time easily.

As for taking photos with your camera, it depends how many non-costume support we get. If we are as busy as last November, we'll need all the help we can get- costume & non-costume!
  4. Terrell78 Jedi Knight

Sign me up. One non-costuming pack-mule reporting for duty.
  5. Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Put me down as a Jedi, as always.
  6. robt666 Jedi Knight

star 2
    so do we have a spot to put our tubs? or just put them back in the car?
  7. darthhomeboy-G Jedi Master

star 2
    The "Darth Side of the Force will indeed take over (F.Y.E.)[face_dancing] [face_devil]
  8. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    We can store our tubs in the store's backroom. We just can't change back there.
  9. Qonas Jedi Master

star 4
    I can be there as non-costume help.
  10. Terrell78 Jedi Knight

BTW how do we non-costuming type help support the event? (I've already recruted people to show up and have their kids picture taken). See you all Saturday.
  11. lavagrrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! There are a few ways: take photos of the event, help out at the kids' table, help direct people in the photos (find out who they want in their photo and direct the costumers), help out costumers with limited visibility and I'm sure there are other ways, but those are just off the top of my head. :)
  12. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Terrell- we can always use non-costume help! I'll have a huge post later tonight about what "postitions" will need to be filled for the event.
  13. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    FYI for f.y.e. update 11-1

PROMOTION
    The store has 200 flyers it will be putting in shopper's bags until Saturday. I know a few of us have friends or family coming to see us. Tell anyone you know that might be interested about the event.

Also, the UNALTERED DVDs are only available until the end of 2006. f.y.e. should have these located by us, so feel free to encourage shoppers to buy them before they're gone.

CARE House
    The charity has a representative coming out to help and they are thrilled to be working with us. Do your best to make her feel welcome. Let's show her how well our groups work and amaze her by what we can accomplish in terms of raising money. The charity rep will be the ONLY person handling money for donations.

Changing into costumes
    -The backroom will be for storing our tubs and taking breaks ONLY. I'll have a cooler full of bottle water for everyone. We are guests of f.y.e., so please don't litter the backroom with empty bottles or anything else. Try to leave the area cleaner than when we arrived.

-Changing into and out of costumes can be done either in the parking lot or the restrooms. There is a LARGE family restroom we can overtake that will hold up several troopers at a time in there.

-f.y.e. will be checking our bins when we leave the store after the event. It's company policy and since they are letting us use their store and backroom, we have to abide by their rules.

DO NOT WEAR HELMETS IN THE MALL!!!
    -The only place to have your bucket on is inside the f.y.e. store. When walking from wherever you change, you will have to carry your bucket.

BE THERE ON TIME
    -I will be there by noon to start setting everything up. It looks like we may not be in the same spot as we have been before, so we may have to get creative if we are going to still have a kids area.

-I've asked everyone to be there by 1:00 pm. Getting there early gives us time to address the troops, assign areas, get in costumes, and make sure we are ready to roll at 2:00.

-It would be nice for everyone to help out with tearing the area down. It looks like we have over 20 people helping out, so after getting out of costume help us carry out the many items we have to take out to vehicles.

PHOTOS -Do not pose for photos unless that person has donated to the charity. Store policy is that no one should be taken photos except those approved: meaning us (or those that donate).

STATIONS & DUTIES
    Store entrances- 4 to 6 troopers and/or Jedi
    -holding signs to lure the public in

Working the line- Officer and 2 troopers (or more)
    -keeping line organized where no one is jumping in that didn't pay
    -We will attempt to move people up with their own cameras to save time.

Kids area- two people whose face can be seen (characters and/or non-costume)
    -coloring with kids, putting tattoos on them, and handing out goodies

Posing for Photos
    -Vader, Padme, Luke
    -rotate one Jedi, one Trooper, X-Wing Pilot
    -one person to hand props to donators (lightsabers, binders, blasters)
  14. BlastyTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    A huge BLASTY THANK YOU to everyone that came out and helped at the event today! We ended up raising $715! I think this ranks right behind the two FOTs and the Whitecaps game for how much money MI troops have raised for an event.

I can't emphasize enough how well the whole day went. It was such a pleasure to walk around the store seeing the costumers interacting with the kids and having fun.

Rachel with CARE House was really impressed by what we do. I'm sure they will be in contact with us to costume their events with the kids. :D

I can't thank Shawn Payne enough for being Vader for the whole 4 hours. You were fantastic!

I know a few of you didn't get to see much of the other troops, but each of you were instrumental in how much we helped a charity today. The non-costumers were a major help in making the event run smoothly. Terrell thank you so much for everything. Between getting the camera to work and working the line was a huge help!

Susie was wonderful as our Print Master! Thank you Princess! I have to say Rome did a blasty good job tutoring her.

We had six Rebels at the event today!

15. lavagrrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    The event would not have gone so well without Terrell's help! Thanks again. :)
  16. Terrell78 Jedi Knight

It was my pleasure. I think I had more fun than the kids did. See you all at the one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.