main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI MI-Grand Rapids - Griffins Hockey - March 31st

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Does anyone have a video camera to film the night's events?

2. ricardo519

ricardo519 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2007
    Susie, my wife Lisa and I and our friends Dave & Amanda are planning on doing photos and videos through out the night. We also want to get some suiting-up pics and videos of the troopers before the game.

3. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    That PDF was great donavon. :D
    Hello guys I'm glad to see some new faces on here. :) I'm excited to finally put some faces to the names on here. :D

I would love to see before, during, after pics; those are great.
    A video or 2 would be great as well. :D I would be a little worried about security letting us tape inside. Perhaps donavon would know if they would be cool with that. [face_thinking]

Anyways.... 3 1/2 more days!!! =D=

4. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    my brother has a video camera...im not certain if it can be interfaced and what not for computer transfer though. I'll look into it.

5. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    Scott be ready tomorrow sometime after 3pm. Once Shannan gets to my house we will be heading over to pick you up.

Attenance list for 3-28-2007.....

John Blizzard - EPIII Clone
    Donavon Larabel - Officer
    Shannon Trombley - Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Scott Scharke - Jedi

PS>. Watch Fox 17 News at Ten and you might see us tomorrow night!!!

Later,
    Donavon

6. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I'll even try sneaking out a bit early for Roller Girl scrimmage to see if I can get home in time to see my fellow Grand Rapidians in action. ;) I love, love, LOVE how things are coming together, and I am just chomping at the bit to do my part!

7. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Roger that D-man :)

8. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    aaawwwhhh MAN!!! :eek: You guys are going tonight!!! :(

Have fun..... :rolleyes:

I've been working on my beard and hair part of the costume for 2 months now. I almost feel bad getting my hair cut after this event. :(

2 more days!!!

Edit:
    Does anyone need anything from the kostume room?
    I'm going to pick up some more gray and white hair spray, and perhaps some wrinkle cream stuff. ;)

9. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    1 1/2 more days !!! [face_dancing] =D=

I saw you guys real quick on Fox 17. ;) Very good looking group you were. ;)
    I hope everything went well for you guys last night. :D
    You guys seem to help the griffins win. :D I hope with 40+ of us there sat, the griffins will win big over chi wolves. BIG GAME for them!!!

10. ricardo519

ricardo519 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2007
    Ya I saw you guys on Fox 17 last night also, looks like you were have fun. Seeing Blizz trying to grab Scott and choke him was really funny.[face_laugh]

11. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Yeah scott's saber skills are pretty good. :D I couldn't believe that blizz could get ahold of that jedi. [face_laugh]

12. sportsanchor

sportsanchor Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2006

Hey all,

Haven't been in this forum in a while... Can't wait for the event... I'm the "Sports Anchor" who put the clip of the costumers on the news Wednesday night. Donavon and I have worked very hard on making this a quality event for everybody this weekend. Let's make the Griffins want us back in 2008!!

Once the dust settles from the Griffins, I will begin working on the Whitecaps event which will be Saturday, July 14th. If you haven't committed to that event yet, please consider doing so.

No rest for the weary.

Looking forward to seeing everybody Saturday!

Brent Ashcroft
    Fox 17 Sports Director
    TD 1044

13. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I didn't get to make it to the last WC event. :( I won't miss it this time. :D

I REALLY can't wait till this sat!! :cool:

14. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    According to the Grand Rapids Press and ?News 8? we are in the Top 5 things to do for the weekend!!!!

It is going to be busy!!!!!

15. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    That's awesome!! :D

1/2 a day left!! =D= [face_dancing]

16. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    Before I forget to ask this, due to poor sleep and the aftermath of another working day:

I remember it being said set-up starts at 10. Is it alright and/or too late for me to arrive at 11 to help out, or should I insist on being RIGHT ON TIME for set-up? (Even if I might not be able to help out with everything, I'm darned well going to try! [face_laugh] )

A mere matter of hours now... "Patience!" :cool:

17. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Don't worry... we found out that we can't get into the arena till noon. So set up will be at 12PM on Saturday.

If there is any information you would like me to post that I haven't please let me know and I will try to get to it as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Donavon

18. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Well perhaps I will be able to help with some of the last minute set up then. I plan on getting there by 2:45ish.

19. M1B4K4TIES

M1B4K4TIES Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    Hey all, sorry i haven't posted on the forums in a while, obviously i'm ready for the griffin's game and i have my volunteer helpers all picked out and ready. Also you can count me in on the whitecaps game (obviously). My only question is what part of the setup do you guys want our help for and who do i get my parking pass from? I'll be on the forums again tonight after work and will be ready anytime i'm needed tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

20. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Your name will be on the list so all you have to do is tell the attendant at one of the designated parking area's who you are. I don't think I have your last name in the attendance list so can you send that to me?

For anyone who needs to get in touch with me or has a question tomorrow you can call: (616)635-0338

See you soon,
    Donavon

21. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Do you have my full name on the parking list?
    I've always given you Matt S, perhaps once I've told you Matt Scobey.

22. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Yeah I just have been copy-pasting things and it got messed up... I got it all set now... although I am SURE I spelled Linda's last name wrong. Sorry about that. You will still be able to get in and if you can get me the correct spelling I will change it.

Later,
    Donavon

23. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Thanks for all you work D-man. =D=

I think I'm finally all set to go, and won't be spamming your PM box anymore. [face_beatup] ;)

See you guys tomorrow!! [face_dancing]

24. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    A'ight, that sounds cool for tomorrow. (Gives me even a bit of time to indulge in my "inspiration", AKA a gigantic cup of coffee. :D) I'm ready to do my part to make tomorrow's event so awesome, it'll create a sonic boom that'll hang over the G.R. area for years to come.

25. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Mini after action report.....

Total success!!!! $1126 was raised. Our very first skating trooper took the ice and won the arena over!!! In the coming days keep a look out... we will be posting further action reports on this event.

Thanks to all who made it out... YOU ALL ROCKED tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you guys all made it home safe when you left the after party. Z's Bar rocked!!! Sorry I had to take off, I am SO dead tired right now... lol

Thanks again,
    Donavon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.