Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by sportsanchor, Mar 29, 2007.
Very nice brent.
Are the jerseys gonna have those logos on the right and left sleeves that are in the sample pic. Or did you not have them attached to the jersey yet.
Any News on this?!?!?!.... I'm 100% a go , and I'm trying to grow my hair out as fast as possible.
Yes its a go count....im goin in fact. You need to PM the D-man and see if he needs one more or not.
Very cool... I talked with him through emails last week saying I could go.
I hope there is room for me to go.
Who else is doing the promo?
I can't wait!!! The Jersey's look awesome!!!
Is there an list of who's coming?
Here is the latest update as of today and the list is included.
*** UPDATE 7-3-07 ***
Donavon and I had our "Finalization" meeting with the Whitecaps eariler today. Listed below is the latest info for the event. There may be some amendments to some of this stuff in the forthcoming PDF, but for now, here's the goods!
1. The Whitecaps team photo is still pending. Whitecaps officials tell us they'll ask manager, Tom Brookens about it this weekend. If he says "yes", it'll probably take place sometime between 4:00-4:30pm on July 14th. Whitecaps people DEFINITELY want costumers for the photo, should it happen. So, since we all need to be there for a brief orientation at 3pm anyways, nobody will need to arrive at 1pm as first thought. As soon as we find out about the photo, we'll post.
2. Blizz has received the "commemorative" patches for this event. Everybody costuming the event will get one. We'll probably hand these out during the 3pm orientation meeting on 7/14.
3. There will be no 20x30 foot tent as previously discussed. However, the Whitecaps say they'll clear out a few of their conference rooms in their front office and we all can change in there again. They didn't know what to expect last year when we trooped this event. Now they do know what to expect, so plan on changing and breaking in the Whitecaps' office again.
4. Whitecaps will continue to replenish drinks for us in their office area. Once again, Mickey will pass out "food coupons" for everybody involved in the event to cash in on the concourse for food. Just like last year there will be a stack of them so we'll be able to make several return trips for food, should we need to.
5. Donovan and I will need costumers to continue to let us know what costumes you plan to wear for the event. That way we can keep a running tally of how many TK's, TD's, etc... we'll have. If you've committed to the event, please let us know what costume you plan to wear. On the list below there are several costumers with "???" next to their name. That means either I don't know what you're wearing or I'm assuming you're wearing something. Please take a quick moment and post your costume of choice if your name has "???" next to it.
6. The SW baseball jerseys will be distributed during the 3pm orientation meeting. If you are one of the 27 people who purchased a Star Wars jersey back in April, plan on picking it up then. If you're currently on the "wait list" for a jersey, you will be getting an email from me later this week detailing how the remaining "game-worn" jerseys will be handled.
7. Clonetrooper, Brien Skinner will be playing the National Anthem on his guitar (while wearing full clone armor)!!! This will be a "YouTube Moment" if there ever was one. Whitecaps officials tell us that Brien will get as much practice time as he needs between noon-3pm on July 14th. Blizz, you may want to call Brien and tell him this if he doesn't peruse these boards much.
8. Please read the list of costumers detailed below. This is an updated list as of 7/3/07. If you're coming to troop the event, and don't see your name on the list, please post and I will add you. If you decide to change your costume, please post and I will make that change. I need "real names" for the following people:
- Dad Vader
I apologize for not knowing your "real" names, but hopefully that will change after the 7/14 event. Shannon, please cross-reference all the FanForce and Rebel Legion names on the list. If there's some that plan to attend and aren't listed, let me know and I will add them.
9. Donavon, Blizz, Carl Nelson and I are opening our homes. If you need a place to crash on 7/14, please PM one of us so you have a place to stay after the ballgame ends.
Donavon and I will put together another PDF (much like the one that was posted within the Griffins thread) which will detail everything connected with this event. That PDF will post sometime this weekend so it's up for a week leading up to the event. Meantime, any change
#1 - the jersey is incredibly cool - really. Great design.
#2 - we sooooo need a Leia and/or Padme - those little girls last year just loved them.
The Legacy of Star Wars is even better the third time around.
As of right now there will be no Leia or Padme. Susie Leopold (who was the Leia at last year's Whitecaps event and this year's Griffins event) will be handling the costume support staffers and the person who was supposed to be Leia moved to Boston last week. The girl who was Padme is Lee Palmer's daughter. Lee and his family are moving to Arizona this week.
So, we may be Leia-less and Padme-less for this event.
If anybody has any other ideas for a Leia or Padme, please see what you can do.
Man, I still can't believe I'm going to miss this great event again.
This event will be GREAT!!!
Any news on the handfull of guys needed for this sat WC promo game?
Still haven't heard about Saturday Count in the MWG.
I must not have hit post reply last night...
We will be meeting at the Ballpark this Saturday at 5:30pm. Our tickets will be waiting at the Will-Call window under my name. I have 8 tickets waiting. If you don't know if you are on the costumer list for the PROMO game this Saturday contact me. We will only need to be in costume for an hour or two after the game gets going. We will also have some flyers to pass out. Any that we have left will be used for the Symphony next week Thursday and Friday.
If you have any questions please contact me.
The more I read the updates, the more "jonesed" I get about the event. Quite honestly, outside of making a historical mark at Fifth-Third, this may well be THE memorable event of July in my mind.
Bet your bottom-dolla I'll be giving my all for the support group!
Here we are at the Whitecap's promo.
Nice... LOL.. J-news *Karens* hands felt cold for some reason in the hot weather that day and they made me laugh...
I had fun with you guys, and I wish you guys the best this sat.
Here's the deal for the Whitecaps team photo on Saturday. The Whitecaps officials told me today they really, really want to do this. So, in order to prevent anybody from feeling "left out", all costumers are welcome to be in the photo with the Whitecaps team on Saturday!! That will more than likely be between 30-35 costumers. The Whitecaps players will all be wearing their Star Wars jerseys for the photo.
The photo will happen on the field at 3:00pm sharp!! If you want to be in the photo, you'll need to be in costume no later than 2:45pm.. This may mean arriving at the ballpark at 2pm to get situated..
Bottom line, who's ever in costume and on the field at 3pm gets in the picture. If you're not there in time, you won't be in the picture. The Whitecaps have to stick to a gameday agenda and cannot stray too far from that.
Unfortunately Costume Support staffers won't be allowed in the team photo because that's just too many people. However, costume support staffers will be allowed in our group photo that we'll have taken later that day..
Keep in mind, if you choose to be in the team photo, this will mean you'll probably have to get in and out of costume twice on Saturday. But, that's the price you'll have to pay to be in this exclusive photo which will be sent off to George Lucas and Steve Sansweet at LFL for their archives. Plus, copies will be made and distributed to everybody as a memory of what will no doubt be a great day..
The PDF will reflect the time change for the arrival on Saturday accordingly. Again, if you want to be in the photo, be in costume and on the field at 2:45pm Saturday. If being in the photo doesn't really interest you, show up at the ballpark between 3pm-3:30pm and be ready for our pre-event meeting which will take place AFTER the team photo.
If anybody has any questions, please post and I'll be glad to answer.
*** UPDATE - WHITECAPS PDF!! ***
Below is the link to the Whitecaps PDF for Saturday's event. Please take the time to click in and read it. I would encourage everyone to print it off and bring it with you as some minor changes and tweaks could be made.
If you're coming from long distances, please remember to build in some extra drive-time as several of the main highways here in Grand Rapids are under road construction.. In fact, US-131 which runs along side the ballpark is down to one lane. I know there's a stretch of highway on I-96, between Lansing and Grand Rapids, that's torn up as well. If you're coming from 3 hours away, you may want to leave 4 hours ahead of time to avoid being stuck in any construction..
Thanks to everyone who will be participating!!
WOW... that's going to be SO FUN.. and will be a great turn out for a GREAT Cause!!
Good Luck guys...
I wish I could be there....
Well ill let others fill you in on the details..but we had an unbelievable nite....i just wanted to post here that starscreamprime did one helluva a job as my non costume support. Without him i couldnt have done half the things i did for the kids. He took care of the sharpie thing...took the sabers and held em while i signed auto's. He even ran errands for me so i didnt have to leave the fans.
Buddy...jedi dont have a hat to wear...but id tip mine to you....thanks big time *bows deeply*
Has anybody recovered from last night yet??
I had a great time, good work everyone!!!
Whens the next event????????????
I soaked a good long time in a eucalyptus bath....took several aspirins - I have a new respect for any job that requires you to be on your feet many, many hours straight. and that goes for all the troopers...how do you people do this?
wonderful organizing again Brent - and those jerseys were so cool - the White Caps looked fantastic in them.
superb photo team - I hope next time we're in a non-wind environmnent so we can use those fantastic, and colorful banners made by Karen.
Jon - never left his post - never stopped reminding the passersby of why we were really there - Great charity - $5 for a patch / $1 for a bracelet - his mantra all night long and he did it well.
I LOVED Richard as the Gamorrean Guard!
Plus the first prequel Uncle Owen / Aunt Beru - Jason and Rachel I've ever seen (GREAT costumes) - hope to have all of them back. They were great to talk to, very talented peeps.
Brien Skinner - you ROCK! literally. FANTASTIC job on the National Anthem.
Thanks to all the costume support folks - they seemed so busy the entire night. Great crew getting candid photos.
Kristin (sp?), the child in the wheelchair who was given a Disneyworld trip by Make A Wish - so nice to meet her and her family. Really terrific people. She loves the lightsabers!
A huge thanks to all of the participants who came from great distances and in iffy weather -
and whoever was able to get those posters - great job! the kids loved them. So many were asking for them after they were gone. Sometimes I think Lucasfilm should kick in products for these events as they certainly benefit from the great vibes, PR, etc. One of my favorite parts of costuming at these events is encountering kids who not only love Star Wars - they KNOW Star Wars.....dialogue, scenes, etc. Also they're much better at dueling than I am.
and Donavon - could you let us know when the photo site is up? and does anyone know how we get access to the White Caps / Star Wars team photos?
My only regret is that I just can't seem to have the energy, stamina to stay late enough to watch the ANH on the scoreboard screen.
and that was quite a game too! White Caps win in OT (not as in Original Trilogy )
PS - TV coverage of SW was on local Fox, and ABC - Brien - you were featured!
Well, firstly to Jaareth, whew! Public forum praise! Don't get much better than that! Heh! But seriously, this may have only been my second costume support gig, but it was WAY more busier than I expected. Any regrets? No, not a one. I had a blast helping out, and again, seeing all the kids get excited about the outfits, more than made up for the continual aches and stiffness of today. Thanks much for the kind words.
Now, time for ME to pass on the good words. I don't think I say this enough to the Midwest FF group, but you all are one hell of a group. Great people, AWESOME costumes, (I admit, I geeked out when I saw the Gamorrean Guard outfit. ), and endless dedication to their goals. Actually, you all are not only an creative inspiration to me, but you're also just good people. So, my impressive collection of hats are all off to you!
Heh! And after the Thursday-Saturday block, I'd probably say I've earned some major group "Bloodstripes".
Man, I'm glad you guys had a good time, not like you guys wouldn't LOL.
I can't wait for the pics....
Thank you to everyone for helping out at this event. From what Brent posted at the MWB we may have raised $3000 but we will have to wait and see what the final numbers will be.
Here is Jabba on YouTube.
Skinny playing the National Anthem.
Sandtroopers doing the YMCA.
This picture will be sent to the LucasFilm Archives.
*sigh* awwwhhh... I wish SO badly I could've made it.
Those pics and vids are great.. NICE JOB EVERYONE!!!