main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MIB II signup

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Men in Black II actually opens on Wednesday, July 3. I'm seeing it on Thursday the 4th with The Minnesota Force.

Phil

2. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    6th - 7th? isn't that technically opening weekend since it opens on Weds. and the 6th is the first Sat. that its out? If it is this coming weekend, I guess I'm out as I'll be up nort' der hey in da Door County region of this fine state to ah, visit da ol' man der hey!(Sorry, don't know what come over me w/ that ultra northern talk, WE don't talk like that in Wisconsin!!! Do we?! :confused:) Translation: I'm taking the kids to visit their "Poppa Wowwert" I mean Robert [face_blush] my dad!!

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I could make this weekend if that is when the deal is. The next weekend, I could only make Sunday. Set the date and we will make the effort. The weekend of the 21st we will be up der in Manitowoc, yah. Then the last weekend, we are going to Maine, ayupp.

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Duh....

Yeah - I meant the 13th-14th weekend.

Sorry.

5. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    It sounds like the 14th might be the best.

6. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    14th would be good for me. I have to work the Cher concert on the 13th and would have to be at the Bradley Center around 5 or so, making it a very short day.

PS. If anyone is going to Cher, please look for the Wisconsin Lutheran Child and Family Services booth and buy beer and food from us. We're non-profit and can use the funds. Thanks!

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The 13th/14th is a perfect weekend for us as well.

Oh...and no offense, but I'd rather be electrocuted than see Cher....I'd buy a beer though.:)

Marcy (and Dwayne)

8. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    14th would be better for me, but like we've found out before, its easier to just set a day and see who can come rather than trying to accomodate everyone. Just a thought. . .

9. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    13th = not good for me, 14th = perfect for me. World revolves around me, 14th it is.

Kidding!

Jeff

10. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    14? Yes, that so works!! I'm in!!

11. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    OK - let's make it the 14th. I will find out the times it is playing. I'm still lobying my wife to have people over here, but we may have to look elsewhere.

12. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The 14th is great for me too.

Perhaps we should consider the Tumbleweed's or Applebee's right next door to the theater. Just a thought.

13. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Yup, the 14th is fine for us. :)

14. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    i just saw it ( i have this thing for seeing a movie the day it comes out) it was a good follow up to MIB I so if you liked the original you'll probably like this too. I?m still planning on trying to make the 14th so I?ll wait to discuss it after every one sees it.

-mike

15. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm in for mobbing a restaurant. I haven't had the chance to abuse a waiter in a few weeks. ;)

16. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    The 14th works for me too! How exciting. I'm all for a restaurant afterwards, too.

17. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I should be good for the 14th, also.

18. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    The 14th is good for both of us....

19. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    They have not yet posted showtimes for the 14th. As soon as they do we should pick up the tickets. I can be designated buyer again.

I would like to aim for an early afternoon showing about 1:00 - 3:00. With dining at Applebeees/ Tumbleweeds to follow, We may be able to sit outside at Tumbleweeds, though Applebees probably has a more vegen friendly menu. It looks like we will have a lot of people going, so we should probably try to make reservations again.

If you want me to pick up a ticket send me an email, My address is in my profile - just clck on my name.

Emails are easier to keep track of than PMs, thats why I prefer you notify me this way.

EDIT: I would like to pick the tickets up on Wed the 10th, so lets say you have to notify me by Tues the 9th.

20. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Tumbleweeds is cool. I've found stuff to eat there, and besides, the occasional chicken meal won't kill me (beef, on the other hand...).

For the record: Vegetarian = someone who may or may not strictly eat a plant based diet but still does consume milk, milk products and eggs. Vegan = someone who is strict (read: millitant) about not consuming anything that comes from an animal, including animal by-products (such as animal fats and oils). The vegan chant is, "Nothing with a face." I've always wondered how they justify eating things like potatoes (eyes), corn (ears), artichoke (heart) and lettuce (head). ;)

21. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Red_05 and I saw Men In Black II last night. It got 2 stars; I wouldn't have given it more sincerely, but I thought the dog was cute and the fireworks gave it an extra Independance Day touch.

"Chug Chugs", a short film was shown before Men in Black II, in the bar scene, I saw some famous aliens--I won't spoil it for you who haven't seen it yet, but it was hilarious!

22. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm out, guys. Looks like that's the day I'm heading to the set for Mark Hamill's new movie. :) Can't pass that oppertunity up. If things change before you buy the tickets, I'll let you know.

23. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    drat!! the 13-14 is no go for me i'm out of county i'll be on the other side of the state...*sigh* wish i was going with twisty.... grrrrrrr! anger!! i think

24. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I wish I was going with Twisty, too.

25. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    So does everyone.

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.