Discussion Michael Arndt Is Having Some Trouble With The STAR WARS EPISODE VII Script

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by bstnsx704, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Or drink blue milk
  2. aguywithabiggun Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for this. Hilarious. I cannot imagine the pressure. If this movie bombs, HE will be blamed![face_nail_biting]
  3. Darth Chiznuk E7 Casting Contest Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Nah, I'm sure we'll blame Lucas. :p
  4. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Arndt...dude definitly has the hardest job in the entire SW7. Not only do you have to make the OT people relevant, awesome and in character and with enough screentime/stuff to do to satisfy the fans who are convinced the movie should be 100% about them, but you also have to create new characters who can take over this franchise and not piss off people *mostly my sister* who dont like the idea of new people taking the attention away from the OT cast. Add onto that the huge pressure of trying to create a new story that isn't a rip off of a past film, and to bring things "full circle" (if they're going that direction). Definitly a hard job. Good luck....we're all counting on you. No pressure...its not like fans and hollywood will rip you apart if you mess this up ;)
  5. Darth Chiznuk E7 Casting Contest Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I would say it would probably be the greatest but at the same time most terrifying job there is. This is Star Wars we're talking about. The innocence of fans childhoods are on the line here. :p
  6. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, this will divide fans even more. If the movie is awesome some will say "It's because of Lucas' guidance" others will say "It's because Lucas was barely involved". If the movie sucks some will say "It's because of Lucas' guidance" others will say "It's because Lucas was barely involved". :)
  7. Han Burgundy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    You know what, lets get all that mess out of the way and lay it down right here. Because when you think about it,there are only certain things in the final film that you would be able to attribute to George Lucas's input.

Things you CAN'T attribute Lucas to: Acting, pacing, amount of cgi, cinematography, basically anything that has to do with the production and post-production stages of the film

Things you can MAYBE attribute Lucas to: little details that give texture to the film, thematic connections to the original six films, aspects of greater movements of the story

Things you can DEFINITELY attribute Lucas to: The entire cast comprising of Gungans and Ewoks (I kid, I kid)
    Last edited by starmin76, Apr 24, 2013
  8. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
  9. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It is neat to think that the story of this movie and perhaps the next two are already told and in the heads and notes and computers of people. It must be what it's like to be those few people in the world sworn to secrecy about aliens or the actual Ark of the Covenant or the Colonel's recipe.
    I'd like to know how many characters he, as screenwriter, would actually be creating.
    Last edited by Bobatron, Apr 25, 2013
  10. Roger Goldleader Force Ghost

star 3
    I always thought she was calling Han a Nerfurter, like frankfurter - you know, like he was an extraterrestrial hot dog.
  11. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Did we watch the same movie?
    Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  12. Darth_Pevra Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe I was in the wrong mood. *shrug* Or maybe it was because in my childhood I played with Dinosaurs and Legos pretty much exclusively, not dolls.

But I simply didn't care for any character but Buzz. Not going to apologize for it anyway. Not everyone likes everything that is the current rage.
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Apr 25, 2013
  13. Darth Chiznuk E7 Casting Contest Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Your right about that for sure. Hopefully some will realize that it was collaborative effort and give the credit or blame (hopefully credit :p) to everyone involved and not just focus on one person and laud or demonize him/her. That would be nice for a change. :)
    Pro Scoundrel and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. phatdude1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    Since I'm normally the pessimistic one here: The sad part is ONLY Lucas was blamed for the PT (even though the PT generated 100s of millions of dollars and brought SW back into the mainstream). However with the ST, people might blame "Disney" and or Abrams, Arndt. IMO Lucas will ALWAYS be the "primary" villain in their SW hate.

I really hope Arndt is a SW purist and doesn't try and make it's something it's not. Also completely ignoring the PT is bad too. It's like if you break up with a girlfriend and you go OUT of your way to avoid her, it looks untatural and wrong. Nods to the PT should be in the ST as well as nods to the OT. Hopefully Arndt isn't that biased, or at least doesn't let it effect his writing.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Didn't ask you to apologize, it's weird though cause everyone I know loved that movie.
  16. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    Can't believe it took me this long to watch that!! hilarious stuff!!
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    If Lucas approves of the script & Abrams likes it, I have faith it will be good.
    FRAGWAGON, Darth Chiznuk and Sum-Wan like this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought it was awful, and certainly the worst Pixar offering (which is saying something, considering the travesty that was Wall-E.)
  19. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    That's OK, don't worry about having an opinion :)

I'm just excited for Finding Dory. Finding Nemo is my all time favorite animated film.
  20. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Arndt is a brilliant screenwriter. One of the best in Hollywood right now. From Toy Story 3 to Little Miss Sunshine. I believe in him, and this was absolute gold.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I am so beyond such a comparison of their roles in all of this. If it is a bad film, it is Zack Snyder's fault, but if it's good, all the credit deservedly goes to Christopher Nolan...
    Pro Scoundrel and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I bet he is, knowing he writes kids movies.
  23. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw Oblivion last night and I thought it was awesome. REALLY had a Star Wars vibe to it.
  24. Jedirush2112 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This was pretty funny! I'm sure the we're in good hands!

;)
  25. smudger9 Force Ghost

star 2
    Is this actually Michael Arndt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk