main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Michael Arndt Is Having Some Trouble With The STAR WARS EPISODE VII Script

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bstnsx704, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I think Michael Arndt and others are adapting the Sequel Trilogies story into screenplays. I believe Disney can modify, edit, delete, change, alter, anything of the input from George Lucas. I believe that they will continue to get as much input and feedback from George Lucas as is possible.

Michael Arndt does not have to write a script based off nothing. The real Arndt is not staring at a blank piece of paper. He is not going to make up everything from the top of his head. They will start a new TV Show called the Odd Couple, where Michael Arndt shares an apartment with George Lucas.

Michael and others are surrounded by George Lucas' "Treatment Story Scripts, Ideas, Outlines" and by George Lucas, and by other writers. Michael can come to this forum for inspiration. Michael can read the EU books for inspiration. Michael will not exhaust his pool of ideas and options for the coming films. Instead, Michael will have to cut from the abundant excess of all the things that the next films could explore.

I believe that Michael and others brainstorm and write a bunch of possible scripts. And then they go through discussing which script to actually make into the film. Writers know that the more the options the better.

So the real Michael Arndt has an endless lists of scripts and ideas and treatments and stories and EU things and stuff from fans and parodies and ancient history and other things to look at.............

Michael and the others are going through so many things trying to decide which exact direction to go..... with the saga....

JainaSoloYJK and dolphin like this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Good post.

This.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Vthuil and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...inspiration to become an alcoholic. Or suicidal.