main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Michael Moorcock's 'New Worlds' Magazine

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by moosemousse, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Over at the FictionMags Yahoo Group, David Pringle (editor of Interzone between 1982 and 2004 and author of such books as Science Fiction: The 100 Best Novels) posted the following message about the return of Michael Moorcock's seminal New Worlds magazine, which originally had a 201 issue run between 1946 and 1971.

The new magazine will be published in print and electronic formats and have a website. Michael Moorcock himself will lend his name to the masthead.

This website has more information on the return of New Worlds. Also exciting is that the submission guidelines will be available soon.

Is anyone else looking forward to this, either as a reader or a potential writer?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I never read the original magazine but I might take a look. I used to get quite a few of the sci-fi mags in the US but the only one I get these days is Locus. I get it for the news on upcoming books and book reviews.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've received the submission guidelines for the magazine and I'm getting stoked for it, not just as a writer but as a reader as well. I'm reading them and I'm wanting to spill everything, but it's hard to know what's ok for me to say and what isn't. The new magazine will be just like the old, and I think there's info on wikipedia about that. Anyways, the first issue is slated for September/October this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.