main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Michael Sheard a truly fantastic person may he rest in peace.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I was stunned and saddened to here that The Great Michael Sheard had passed away at the age of 65.

Michael Sheard was probably the finest celebrity actor I have ever had the privilege of meeting.

He was indeed a friendly and outgoing person.

I first met him at Empire Fanfest in New Jersey of 2004.
    On Friday, the night before the con started I was in the hotel lobby with Ed and Jeff playing Epic Duels. We noticed Mr. Sheard walking by with his luggage...we waved hello and he approached us and struck up a conversation and he was truly and incredibly personable.He made mention how we was excited to be here and ready to party.

On Saturday myself and some of my newly found friends in the New Jersey Order were having a good time in the lounge of the Crowne Plaza hotel...and there he was with Ken Colley having drinks with the fans.

At the con I purchased his four books and he signed each one of them along with a signed photograph of him from ESB. He posed for pictures with me and I think meeting him really made my day.

At Celebration III while standing on line at will call on Wednesday who did I spot walking along the line and shaking hands and greeting the fans..Michael Sheard.

While at the Celebration at Celebration III party Mr. Sheard stopped by my girlfriend and I while she was eating some chicken and nachos. Mr. Sheard asked how was the chicken. He then picked up a piece of chicken off her plate tasted it and said ?tastes a bit leathery? .

My girlfriend who isn?t really a Star Wars fan didn?t know who this man was who just reached in and took a piece of chicken off her plate. She looked stunned and when Mr. Sheard walked away she then asked me who that was and why did I let him eat off her plate. I explained to her who Mr. Sheard was and how funny and awesome that was that Michael Sheard ate off her plate.

I and many fans alike will always remember Mr. Sheard and his zest for living and the lifelong impression he has left on us all.

Next time I am out with friends I will have a toast to him.

I know that Mr. Sheard is probably throwing a party right now up in the sky.

Michael Sheard will always be remembered by those who met him fondly and with a smile.

Well that is my story and memories with the Great Michael Sheard.

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.