main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MICHAEL SHEARD HAS DIED

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by CaptMereel, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I just heard from my friend John that Michael Sheard has died at the age of 65 after a long illness! The great Admiral Ozzel has gone to the Death Star in the sky to party with such greats as Sir Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing.

I will always remember him as being one of the nicest and friendliest of the SW actors at conventions. I first met him at C2 in Indianapolis (2002) at a party then, the following year (2003), in Minneapolis at Convergence and, later that same summer, at the Dr Who convention in Chicago (where he remembered having met me at Convergence). It was there that I bought him a drink (he was a scotch on the rocks man) and he then came and sat with me and a friend for over an hour. We talked about Star Wars (and his opinion of the prequels), Dr Who and Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade (where he played Hitler). Such a wonderful man who truly loved meeting fans and loved doing conventions! I have 2 autographed pictures of him as the doomed Admiral as well as some personal pictures of us at those conventions.

He was a great character actor and wrote several books on his career so, if you can, pick them up and read them. They are very enjoyable.

He will be missed. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.