San Joaquin, CA Mickey's Halloween: The Return

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, after spending 45 minutes trying to move 5 miles on the I-5 just trying to get onto the Santa Ana(and then more traffic) we were a little late arriving at Disney's California Adventure for the 7:30 openning, but not by much.

We checked into the Hotel and discovered that it was not the same one as we stayed in during the IGN trip but it was still nice and they gave us microwace popcorn. We ate and changed then headed for the park. I will not get into the parking but we went through the gates without problem and the fun began.

The Bald Wookie was our guide and did a fine job. I loved Soaring over California and the thrilling Bug Life ride:D . We were sorry that not everyone could join us but they were in our thoughts. We saw others in Star Wars costumes and the kids were great. And Disney gives out pretty good candy. And of course there was the moment I turned around to find everyone gone only to have a message show up on my cell saying "We are on the silver rockets."

Saturday was a different experience as we awoke to disover that there had been a very bad accident on the I-5 near Santa Clarita and traffic was being re-routed. The Wizard and I did a couple of things before heading back and we must have timed it just right as we had a good traffic flow before the 14. But the Wizard had lived in Santa Clarita for a couple of years and knew some roads so we were able to bypass the major traffic and get home just before 10:00 that night which is not bad considering we left Burbank at 6:30pm.

I personally can not wait for next year and to do it again, only this time we will leave here earlier.[face_laugh]
  2. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was fun wasn't it. It took the Yodaa and I five hours to get back to Tulare. We spent 90 minutes covering a distance that should have taken less than ten. Yeesh.

As bad as the accident was, it was lucky more people weren't hurt. So there's that, at least.

I'd go back again, fer sure.

Thanks for making it happen!

[face_monkey]

P.S. My candy's almost gone.[face_pig]
  3. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry we missed you guys! Glad you were able to get back OK in fairly reasonable time. It was a huge mess even up until Monday a.m. when the lanes finally opened up again. Cherie is feeling better and sends hugs.

Mary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.