main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Micro RC cars

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Anybody else into these? I only recently discovered them but am totally hooked :)

Check out www.zipzaps.com these are the newest products on the market in the Micro RC line. Sold at radio shack. I have my car on order. I also have a clone/knock off of a Japanese car called a Bit Char-G

these things are great. RC cars the size of hotwheels cars. The Zip Zaps will even accept the standard HO(1/64th) scale slot car bodies with a little modification.

anyway if anyone else is messing with these let me know. Or if you want more info let me know.

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Can these things run on nitrous?

3. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Are they the same thing they had at the fair? I saw some cars like that at the fair but I don't know if it's the same brand or not. They also have them at Walgreens where my wife works. Like I said they might not be the same brand but similar.

4. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I bought one of the ones from the fair..they ae not the same as the new ZipZaps micro coming out at Radio Shack. The ones at the fair are knock off clones of the Tomy Bit Char-G cars. However the ones at the fair were actually one of the better clones and are darn near identical.

There are several types of Micros out now. The Tomy Bit Char-G, Microsizers which are the Tomy's released here in the states, The Epoch indoor racers which are about as long as the diameter of a cd, the Zip Zaps which are 1/64th scale, and a few others.

I have my Bit Char-G clone and am getting a ZipZaps, as well as looking into getting a couple of the actually Tomy's either thru import or Microsizers version.

5. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Hey, my kid got a cool hot wheel with his happy meal last night!

6. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    BTW....

I'm not making fun of anyone's interest in these RC cars. I played with one earlier this week and it rocked. However, I do not have one of my own and I was kidding with the "hotwheel comment". It was a veiled attempt at levity.

No one complained or anything, I just wanted to make sure no one misunderstood my intentions.

7. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Funny thing i notice of Jake, he appologizes when no one is offended. hehehe... Jake you don't have to appologize for that either (just to beat you to the punch)

8. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Considering I heard stories about how Jakey drove Shadoe's car off the desk repeatedly kinda deadens the effect of his "lack of interest" statements hehe

9. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    heeh two people managed to drive my car off a table or desk yesterday. Luckily it reamined intact :) Today I have them in the office but haven;t let anyone drive them except jake...and then only after I put the car on the floor :) :)

They are actually pretty sturdy for such a small electronic device.

10. ExeterIsLame

Feb 27, 2002
    drove mine off my desk this morning and had the back axle pop slightly outta joint... snapped right back in place however

11. ExeterIsLame

Feb 27, 2002
    Okay info regarding where to buy....

Microsizers: Found a stockpile at the Toys R Us near Eastland Mall. They are VERY fast but kinda expensive... 30 bucks.

Nikko IR Racers: Also at Toys R Us... 30 bucks again. They come in 4 diff frequencies however which is cool.

Nakamichi Racers: These are found at Wal-Mart.. 13 bucks which is cool. Bad side is the motor and battery in them is hard wired.

Bit Clones: Supposedly there is a booth set up in Woodland Hills mall that is devoted to Micro RC... and has lots of clone bits aka the type from the fair.

12. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I got one of the Microsizers from Toys'R'Us, and I love it. Too bad the carpet in our apartment is a little too long to drive it around on, though. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.