main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I understand the difference between Blu-Ray and DVD, but I'm still trying to understand how you'd make out a difference in a cartoon.

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

In general, if the transfers are good, you'll get crispier picture and better colours. But it greatly depends on how the original animation was done and how they're gonna do the transfers. If they would just copy what's on the DVDs in higher resolution, than there would not be much difference.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In earnest, and I do think a better comparison would be between TCW and Rebels. The micro-series was a brief series consisting of 25 episodes of two-three minute episodes in the first volume and the last volume consisted of five fifteen-minute episodes. Am amazed they fit that much story and action in a micro-series and the quality was top notch. They did a fantastic job. Maybe a lot of the insane overpowers was simply a bi-product of the format at the time, and well it was a cartoon and not meant to be the same medium as the films. So liberties were taken. I think to enjoy the show, its best not to get all caught up in that.

4. I Love Star Wars 94

I Love Star Wars 94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2017
    TCW. The micro-series is fun but it was all action and no development.

5. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It had a lot of action, but it certainly had development too. Keeping in mind this was a MUCH shorter series with less time than TCW, I think it handled its time well.

6. I Love Star Wars 94

I Love Star Wars 94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2017
    Yeah, you're right it did had development. I need to re-watch CW. My favorite will still be TCW but I can't deny CW was very fun to watch.

7. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Micro-series is my favorite, but I admit TCW could keep my interest enough to keep watching, unlike the current SW animated shows.

AusStig and Prequelfan93 like this.
  8. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I liked the micro series better. The characters seemed like themselves, especially the scenes with Padme, and the Nelvaanians were interesting. Overall, I liked it very much, and it explored everything it featured in interesting ways.

9. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    The Clone Wars was actually going to end The Siege Of Mandalore Arc which was set during the events of ROTS however Disney cancelled the show before they could do it.

TCW, hands down. I think it was a better expansion of the PT and an overall great show. The Microseries is okay, it's fun to watch but other then that, it's decent.

Isn't that the point? The show was supposed to fit with the films

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @KamenSentaiMetalHero don't post more than once in a row, as it considered spam. Use the edit button to add new stuff to a post. If you really need to, wait at least a day before posting something else (unless of course someone else posts in the meantime).

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Microseries everytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    t. Someone who hasn't watched TCW

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Someone might prefer the fast paste action of the micro series

14. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    MICRO!
    This: Star Wars Clone Wars Chapter 16

Trumps this:

I don't care about rules!:oops:
    Sure, that's why Palps convinced you NOT to hide on Naboo in AOTC girl, right?

This: Star Wars Clone Wars Chapter 21

Trumps this:

This IS gold!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
    Ichor_Razor likes this.
  15. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Is it me or did anakin's voice in 2003 cartoon was offer and whiney and annoying i wanted to punch him in the face so hard they chouldn't foynd a more better voice actor

TheCloneWarsForever and Snafu55 like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That was when they were trying to be faithful to the source. :p

17. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I liked Matt Lucas's performance as Anakin. It was the better voice for the character, IMO.

18. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    wait his last name is Lucas is realted to the lucas family
    Also you really think thats a good voice also after he fights ventress that scream sounds like a grown man crying over something stupid
    Sorry but i like TCW anakin voice he sounded like the brave and hero character they made him sound back in a new hope

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  19. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^
    1.No, he wasn't.
    2. Yes, I think it was better. And I don't think him screaming in anger after an intense duel where he tapped into the dark side is "something stupid". It was actually dramatic and symbolic, even in the way his angry yell echoed from the depths where Ventress fell.
    3. Like the brave hero Anakin in A New Hope... Uh, I think you're confused.

Regardless, agree to disagree.

Ichor_Razor likes this.
  20. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    agree to disagree indeed
    But no i didn't mean the scream itself i ment was it was done poorly as it didn't feel like a scream after a long battle and giving into the dark side for that brief moment
    No i ment the TCW represent the Anakin you expected when they first mention Anakin Skywalker

21. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    :rolleyes:[face_tired]...ten years later and I still want to punch Lanter & Taber in the face...granted the debacle that were A/P in TCW was not their fault.

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    What the matter with Lanter at least he didn't sound like 20 year whining all the time and ruining emotion scenes the fact that some 2003 scenes had a nice anakin reaction or emotion but ruined when he open his mouth

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  23. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    The micro-series also showcased a heroic, badass, humorous Anakin, as well as the troubled Anakin from the films. He was overall pretty well-balanced.

Not that TCW Anakin doesn't have his moments, I just think his micro-series portrayal was better, voice-wise and character-wise. It did a lot with the short run time it had.

But again, agree to disagree.

24. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    That's how old Anakin IS at the START of the Wars and him being frustrated is more in line his character, than the hero cutout Han/Luke crossover presented by TCW.

Deliveranze, Ichor_Razor and spicer like this.
  25. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Yeah i mean 2003 anakin i will give you this that i did feel like i fellowed his jounery a little a little and i guess they were just trying to follow Anakin from the pequls so its not their fault that i didn't like the 2003 anakin

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.