main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Microsoft FSX tom foolery

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by PTMurphy84, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    Anybody else here play Microsoft Flight Simulator 10?

If so, whats the biggest bit of insanity you've endured on multi-player, or caused yourself? Where was it, what were you flying, what was the other guy flying etc? What was the radio chatter like afterwards?

Myself, I hopped on a usually decent server that goes on in the evenings. That particular evening, it was Courchevel (if you've played this hellhole, you know its fun to fly, but landing requires three changes of underwear and something to absorb the nervous sweat.) set up for late afternoon flight.

True to form, I was flying my own modded Extra EA-300S (its a bit zippier, plus it sports a paint job that looks like a Granville Brothers Gee Bee design), meaning I was looking to fly low in canyons and hurtle through the twisties.

Anywho, I found myself a good run and was taking turns with a guy in a helo, seeing who could make the fastest run, when things went to hell. I round a corner, and what do I see? A freakin TRIKE! An ULTRALIGHT! Right in my PATH! Not wanting to crash and have to go through an entire re-setup and all other associated non-fun things, I do what any good simulator pilot would do: I cranked back hard on the stick and jammed the throttle down.
    Thankfully the 300 can take a bit of abuse, and more importantly can change direction just by the pilot thinking it (although that will get you into trouble as well.)

So seeing as how that run was screwed up, I fly back to the airport itself (oh boy) to get some more go-juice and alter the plan a little bit. After having to wait forever for some clod who somehow managed to land a 747 there, I finally get clearance.

Landing goes smoothly, no heart-stopping moments this time, until my wheels are about 2 feet away from the tarmac, at best guess. None other than the same Trike who cut me off earlier is seemingly headed straight for me!
    Well this time panic takes over, and I wing the 300 over to the left. Hard. Did I mention I was absurdly close to the ground when I noticed the trike in front of me?

Needless to say, the 300 did a few cartwheels, I was livid, and well, the runway was closed down, although I gained somewhat of a phyrric victory when the same guy who was flying the 747 swatted the little pest out of the sky.

Just goes to show that Trikes are THE menace of the FSX skies lol.

So how bout it? Feel free to vent, brag, entertain etc. everybody with your virtual airborne hijinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.