main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Microsoft To Buy Vivendi?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Oh I agree that the buyout wouldn't benefit gamers more, but the whole reason they're considering selling in the first place is $$$$$ problems. And a broke Vivendi that can only afford to develope 1 or 2 games at a time doesn't benefit gamers either. ;)

2. Mr_Burt_Bacharach

Mr_Burt_Bacharach Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    Yes, that's why I said if they could be left to their own devices. They can't :_| because of their failures in other areas of business.

Their games division is rockin', among their most profitable, and in and of itself is doing just fine developing primarily for PC. It's such a shame.

3. The_Supreme_Jedi

The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Ok, Some people are going to hate me for saying this but my future job is going to be to start my own computer/software company that will knock Microsoft off the map.

4. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Ok, Some people are going to hate me for saying this but my future job is going to be to start my own computer/software company that will knock Microsoft off the map.

I doubt too many people will hate you...

More of like laugh at you [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Hang on, Hang on.

Technically speaking the Vivendi buyout means that Blizzard, Sierra and Universal are bought up too (as these software houses are owned by Vivendi, I believe.)

Now, Gearbox are on Sierra's payroll when it comes to making CS:Condition Zero, so, I'm guessing that if the buyout does go ahead, Condition Zero could become another Halo 'X-Box Exclusive'.

How I pray to god that my logic is flawed.

6. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    M$ is still commited to PC gaming. It's not like all of the propeties they will aquire will suddenly become Xbox exclusive. If anything It's probably more likely that we would see CS be something along the lines of Splinter Cell, where the PC version comes out a little later. Speaking of Valve the OXM hinted at Half Life 2 becoming an Xbox console exclusive. Which dosen't mean much if you have a good gaming rig. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

7. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001

I don't laugh at you, but I wonder how long you'd be able to resist the power of the Dark Side. MS has quite a lot of money and could give you untold millions if you ever got powerful enough to be thought of as a threat to them. And that's assuming you stay a private company.

8. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Dammit now I am truly pissed off. I just bought my &(#(@%& Gamecube, and Nintendo loat rare, and whats more, Now they have fricken vivendi. I feel sorry for defending Bill Gates when saying that he didn't deserve ridiculous taxes passed for his absurb wealth.

9. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    They actualy don't have them yet. But people really don't think about is If Microsoft doesn't buy Vivendi, it's going to be Sony, or would go out of business. And with the qualities of games Vivendi puts out, Microsoft would be stupid not to try to buy them.

10. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
  11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Not really. That bogus site popped up a couple days ago, in light of the rumours. The whole Vivendi/M$ thing was going on long before. Hehe, I guess someone wanted to have a little fun at peoples expense. M$ denied that there were any negotiations going on with Rare for quite some time. We could be seeing the same thing going on here.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

12. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    In an article Bill Gates said that Microsoft is not going through talks with Vivendi :(

Here's my proof

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.