main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Microsoft Word has an Anti-Prequel Bias! Where else can a subtle Anti-PT bias be found?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, May 9, 2014.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Have to see what mine thinks.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I typed in Anakin, and Word underlined it in red. When I clicked "ignore all,' Word said I was jealous and holding it back.

Sab Jo, mikeximus, Pensivia and 4 others like this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know what to even say about this.

Aside, I think we are starting to have too many threads related to PT bashing. As I think the topic has been sufficiently covered, we may have to start limiting these threads. heels1785

Darth Downunder and heels1785 like this.
  4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    What the actual hell?? Microsoft Word was considered anti-PT !!? [face_laugh]

5. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

I believe Darth Nerdling was actually having a little fun here... I am pretty sure he was using satire, as he has been known to do...

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Forget word processors. How can nobody see the atrocities of Chrome? It tells me Padmé "isn't" a word, then later I discover that Leia is! It tells me many times a day that Jar Jar Binks is not a word, and asks if I meant Jar Jar "Bins". Oh yes, it implies that he is only worthy of a dustbin. Likely one on the cutting room floor of Disney, with all the other prequel characters we hold dear. That red squiggly line, it burns into my soul as even my internet browser mocks my choice to love the PT.

Oh, the humanity!

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

For that reason this thread is not being locked.

Sab Jo, Darth Nerdling and mikeximus like this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Fixed

9. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ^Yes, I agree. And what I like about Darth Nerdling's satire is that it goes both ways (like his more recent one satirizing extreme anti-PT feeling as compared to this one, which satirizes extreme pro-PT "defending"). A sign of fair-mindedness, I think=D=...something most internet forums can always use more of, IMO!

10. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

[face_rofl]

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This thread is to good.

12. Sockk Ti

Sockk Ti Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm quite fond of it as well:p

mes520 likes this.
  13. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Microsoft is in fact secretly pro-PT. Remember the Windows XP standard desktop picture? It reminded me a lot of one shot in TPM that looks almost exactly like it, same arrangement with the green meadow, blue sky and clouds, right before the droid army appears before the battle. Windows XP came out shortly after TPM. Bill Gates must have watched the movie and (subconsciously) used an image that impressed him for the new Windows.:D

Sab Jo and Pensivia like this.
  14. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    My Word for Mac is rather finicky. It recognizes major characters from both trilogies but not Lando, Panaka, Dooku, "Gon" in Qui-Gon Jinn. Also, no planets, no even Tatooine. Something is fishy here.

The software I use for work, however, definitely has an OT bias. You can name variable "Yoda" or "Jedi" or "Darth" but not "Sith" or anything else coming from the prequels.