Mid-Michigan Forum?

Discussion in 'Detroit, MI' started by Vaderbait, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How many of you would support the creation of a new board that would be a mid-Michigan fan force? Apparently, we need at least three people.

The reason I say this is because I've seen a couple of people from this area, and some people may not want to drive down to Detroit to meet, etc. So I figured, what the hey, I might as well toss the idea out there, right?

2. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It would be nice, although if the Detroit meetings are held at GLC I wouldn't mind the drive. I do fear that there wouldn't be much in the way of numbers. I know that there are a few people in the tri-city area. There is one person here from Fenton, which is closest to me.

From where I live, Saginaw or Bay City get-togethers would be a virtually equivalent drive as a GLC meeting.
  3. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    I would be up for it, as I am in the tri-city area (about 25-30 miles North of Flint, and 15 miles South of Saginaw)

:)

4. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    What city in Michigan would this forum be built around?
  5. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't know yet, just tossing the idea out there, because I for one (in Bay City) wouldn't want to drive to Detroit for a meeting. I mean, a half hour to hour drive isn't bad, but Detroit's a little longer than that. :p
  6. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, from Bay City you'd be looking at AT LEAST 2 hours...and that's if you drove really fast...I know from where I am it would be about an hour and a half to Great Lakes Crossing and Bay City is a little over a half an hour from me. Maybe the Mid-Michigan city could be Saginaw? It's sort of in the middle of the tri-cities, right?
  7. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Here is what I would suggest. If there are 3 more people interested in forming a forum/chapter aside from the Detroit one, let me know. By TFN rules, I need at least 3. Tell me what the closest city from which you all reside, and we'll create a city forum on your behalf. Sound good? :D
  8. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks very much Elan-Rai for your help, we will let you know. :)
  9. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We sure will. I guess we need at least one more person, because Mr. Phelps up there doesn't sound too sure.
  10. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Being stuck in the middle, I would like to know if it wouldn't be possible to be a member of both. Frankly, I don't recall ever signing anything for the Detroit one, I just started posting. I did join the R2Detroit group, however. If I could be a member of both, then I could attend whatever meeting would be convenient. I understand that this sounds wishy-washy though.

A Flint-Lapeer chapter would be nice, but I think I would be the only member. ;)
  11. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    You can be a member of both. ;)
  12. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So...can he count for our third member? :D
  13. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I don't see why not. ;)
  14. DarthPhelps Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, go ahead and do it. Now, there's some minimum attendance rule, correct? Something like 3 meetings a year? No?
  15. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Nope. No minimum attendance. To get the forum, you need 3 posters from the designated area. Then, at least 3 or more of you from that area have to meet 3 times to gain an official chapter. Pretty simple right? Sometimes it can be a pain gathering everyone, but it's fun. :D

If you have any other ?'s just let me know.
  16. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK, great, maybe we should base it around Saginaw, that'd be most convenient for everyone, I think. The meetings shouldn't be a problem, let's get the ball rolling. :D
  17. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I need to know what 3 posters live near or in Saginaw.
  18. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Me, Iwakura, ThatJediGirl, and Darth Phelps are the ones we have so far.
  19. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Done. Saginaw now has their very own board!

I didn't see a request in this thread from ThatJediGirl, but there are 3 nonetheless. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.