main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mid-Ohio Con 2003 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I just picked up the new Star Wars Jedi: Aayla Secura comic

Fan of our HONORARY JEDI MASTER will enjoy this comic, because it goes into some background of Secura's training...along with a one-on-one showdown with another fan favorite Aurra Sing!

EDIT: Since talk of this comic has branched to include Mid-Ohio Con...might as well make this the place to discuss a group road trip to Columbus.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What kind of a loser still reads comics? [face_devil]

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I still have yet to get this... It's being held for me at the comic shop... I'll have money after this weekend, so I can pay her. :)

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I wanted a copy, because ever since meeting Amy Allen...I've become a big fan of Aayla Secura (sort of like saying "I know HER!")

Besides, we made her an official member of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland...next time she comes to town, we should all take Amy out for wings and a movie ;)

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    next time she comes to town, we should all take Amy out for wings and a movie

Hehe... good idea. :)

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm already taking her out for wings and movie, just the two of us. Only she doesn't know it yet.

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    and probably never will....

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Wings and a movie may be a long-shot...especially in Eric's case ;) but it would be nice to see her at events like Mid-Ohio Con of Dark XMas (and other regional comic conventions)

and simply say "hello"

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That is IF she goes there!

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    OMG, Langly from The Lone Gunmen of the X-Files is gonna be there too!

12. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    What kind of a loser still reads comics?

Many of us evidently. [face_laugh]

I enjoyed Aayla Secura. I've enjoyed all 3 issues of the the Jedi series so far. They've been some of the best written and drawn SW comics produced in a while. I'm really looking forward to the Dooku in October. From what Jan and others have said about it already it should be awesome.

If it wasn't the weekend before Dark Xmas I'd seriously consider going to Mid-Ohio. Are you aware there is a Cheesecake Factory at Easton Town Center?

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mid-Ohio Con: I would like to go for the day! It would be nice to see "JKOC Jedi Master" Amy Allen...as well as Jan Duursema. Maybe buying this comic wasn't a bad idea after all?

I'm game for Mid-Ohio (and DARK XMAS) in a "one-tank-trip!" The more people we can get to carpool...the better it will be on everyone's wallets!

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Just because she is going to the Mid-Ohio Con doesn't mean she will go to Dark-Xmas!

15. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'd really love to go to the Mid-Ohio Con. Get my comics signed. :D And hey, the creator of the Turtles is going to be there. I loved TMNT! :)

Okay, you guys can stop laughing now...

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    TMNT was the shiz-nit... I saw the movie the first day it came out... I loved the cartoon show, bought the figures...

*drools over old skool memories of TMNT*

17. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Sweet, I'll have Universal Comics & Cards hold it for me. I'm most likley going to be at Dark X-mas too.

18. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    One half of the creators of TMNT will be there. Doesn't look like Peter Laird won't be showing.

I'll be there, though. If you want me to send anything along to Miss Allen, just let me know. Just a note, I won't send her body parts, anything "squishy", or a ham.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    GrnJalera, if you're just driving down for the day...you're welcome to ride with me!

20. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for the offer, Krash! Me and the wife are heading down Friday night and staying with a friend and coming back Sunday afternoon.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No problem, we can still meet you down there. I'm sure we all want to go see some of the same people.

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    TMNT was the best...I still have one of the tapes with the music from the Turtles on it!!!

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Well, since we know GrnJalera is going to be there (mind some company?) I guess it's safe to ask how many of us are seriously thinking of going. I want to make it a day trip: drive down in the morning...do Mid-Ohio Con...drive back that night. And those of us who went to All-Ohio Fanforce Cookout learned one thing: when you choose a meeting place...make sure it is still in existance when you get there. ;)

Doors open @ 10AM (9:30 if you buy tickets in advance)...and they close at 6PM. If that's not enough time to see Amy, Michonne Bourriague, Brad Dourif (Wormtongue), and of course the legendary Herbert Jefferson, Jr (Lt. Boomer) :D

Plus, I'm sure Columbus will be there...as other area SW fan groups.

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash

EDIT: I'm thinking Saturday...because it gives us an extra hour of time in the con!

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Are you going the 29th or 30th??? I'm interested, and I'll be on Thanksgiving break during that weekend too, but I'd like to know when everyone's thinking of going.

25. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm definitely interested as well, but only if it's on Saturday. I'll be home on break too, and Saturday will be the day I can go. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.