main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mid-Ohio Con 2003 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    You know, there are some people from Cincy who are thinking of going too. Maybe the 2 groups could go together.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Maybe the 2 groups could go together
    And don't forget Columbus is sure to be represented as well. Almost like there is a FAN-FORCE of Ohio SW fans at conventions such as this? ;)

I'll check with Cincy and Columbus' CRs. Candii, thanks for the heads up on this!

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok, once again... the day that you guys are planning on going would be helpful... *hint hint*

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry Eric, I edited this in my previous message (after you asked the question) figuring you'd notice:
    Saturday...because it gives us an extra hour of time in the con!

Saturday they are open 10 (9:30 if you purchase in advance) - 6pm...that'll give us an extra hour as opposed to Sunday's 10(9:30)-5!

Hope that clears this up! Rosie...ya in?

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    ???
    ???

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I really, really, really want to go... I'm going to have to beg my mom some more. ;) (Anyone want to help me?)

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    ?swchick's sister and/or boyfriend?

I hope to be able to bring my sister and/or boyfriend along. They'd both probably complain about me being gone all day, since I'm not home for that long. :)

7. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I want to go...but I will wait until we get closer to the date to choose.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It'll be nice to see Saralyn again (is she not old enough to register?). And I'm humbled that you'd spend part of your limited time home with us!

How about GrnJalera...you up for meeting us there? Even for a little while (we all got things we want to see) Don? Random?

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    ?Saralyn and/or boyfriend?

EDIT: For the sake of keeping everything straight...don't add your name if you are still a "gametime decision" If you're bringing friends/relatives that's fine...but try to add your name when you are 99% sure you are going.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Saralyn is more than old enough to register (she's a senior this year), she just doesn't really have the time or desire to be on the boards. She really enjoys hanging out with you guys though, even if she isn't a huge Star Wars fan like her big sister. :)

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I won't add my name cuz I'm still tentative; I'd really like to go to this, but I don't know what my financial situation will be like around then, and also how much homework I will have. But I'm very interested in going.

11. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I won't know what day I can go until our schedule is done. I've already asked for Dec 6th off so I can go to Dark X-Mas so what I work the weekend before is up in the air. I may wind up with Friday, Sunday or both off.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Malo-ha, I know what it's like trying to work around work schedules (like yours). PLUS, you are already planning on going to DARK XMAS (you welcome to ride in "Moya" with me). If (you can't make Mid-Ohio) there is anyone in particular you would like to get an autograph from...I think I can return the favor you once did for me and Padawan92!

Random, everyone has their own budget/schedule issues...and carpooling down will help matters somewhat. We used to make day-trips like this for hockey (for years) And the offer for a ride applies for Mid-Ohio as well!

13. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I got Saturday the 29th off! :)

Have to work Friday and Sunday to get it but I did it. I'm not sure exactly what my plans are right now besides I am going. My friend Maureen is interested in coming too (the one who was at the breakfast with me). So I don't know if I'll go down early to spend the night with her or not. I will be buying a Saturday ticket this weekend.

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn? sorry, had to remove that putz
    Malo-ha and Maureen

Now I have to decide what comic I want Jan Duursema to sign. And do I want Amy Allen to sign the Aayla Secura Jedi comic or do I get a signed picture?

14. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Nope, sorry. Can't go. :( But I'll be at Dark X-mas on saturday.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn?
    Malo-ha and Maureen
    DonC
    Padawan92

I dropped an e-mail to Amy Allen (Don may be CR...but that's mine!) Told her we're bringing a group down to Mid-Ohio on Saturday...and would like to arrange a special visit with our JEDI MASTER!

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Hopefully I will be able to get off work...I don't see why not, but I more then likely won't go to X-mas (even thought I want to see Virginia)!!!

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If you want to go to DarkXmas...and meet Virgina(Zhaan) and some SW people, then go to both.

Marching band will be over, so you can work Friday and Sunday...I still think you've been working too hard, and need a chance to blow off some steam before school is out!

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn?
    Malo-ha and Maureen
    DonC
    Padawan92
    JJJ

My mom finally gave in. :) I'm going to take Roseanna and possibly Saralyn.

Roseanna... Tim Horton's? :D

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    EDIT: Nevermind. I was asking how much tickets were... I looked up that they'll be $15 for the day. Hmm... I'll be getting TTT:EE on DVD around then dunno if I'll have the cash... judgement call, hmm.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Tim Horton's?
    Oh, I get it...the rest of us aren't invited to this little "Tim Horton's" thing. Do you even know who Tim Horton is? :D

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn?
    Malo-ha and Maureen
    DonC
    Padawan92
    JJJ

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL! I just found out! That's why you gave a big grin!

Fine, you are welcome to join us at the Polaris Tim Horton's down on Rt. 3. I love my Iced Cappuccino. :D (And I can only get it when I go down there! :_| I want one here! :_|)

We first found Tim Horton's in Canada when we were on vacation. That place is like a Dunkin Doughnuts up there! :eek:

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just curious...has anyone purchased their tickets yet?

Plus, with the recent news of Matrix Revolutions (possibly) making a speedy retreat to home video...there is a very good chance it will not be playing on IMAX by the time we get down to Columbus!

First of all who's driving with who? and WE should really think about setting up a time/place to meet the other FF chapters making an appearance there.

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Geoff, this isn't realy something where we can all get together with Columbus and talk for an hour. Everyone has their own things they wanna do.

Here's the schedule of events. I'm busy from Noon 'til 3. But if someone wants to go to the Angel, Fables and Kill Bill programs, you're more than welcome to join me.

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't have any particular agenda for the day. I plan on getting some autographs, shopping a little, meeting people, and having fun with my friends. So, if you want to meet up with other FF people Geoff, I'll be happy to join you. In addition, it is now confirmed that my sister is going. :)

Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn
    Malo-ha and Maureen
    DonC
    Padawan92
    JJJ

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Roseanna, that's a good thing that what you said is basically what I want to do. (Dunno how much money I'll have left for shopping... I'll be going out the day before... :D)

Too bad we aren't going on Sunday... that is when the panel is scheduled for the Star Wars guests. :( (and the guy who created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too! :_|)

Yay! Saralyn is coming! :) (Geoff, as I said before, Roseanna and Saralyn are coming down with me. (Roseanna, we gotta talk soon. ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.