main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mid-Ohio Con 2003 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    don't have any particular agenda for the day. I plan on getting some autographs, shopping a little, meeting people, and having fun with my friends.

Sounds like a good plan to me. It looks like I may be going down Friday after work and spending the night at Maureen's and going back Saturday night.

Plus, with the recent news of Matrix Revolutions (possibly) making a speedy retreat to home video...there is a very good chance it will not be playing on IMAX by the time we get down to Columbus!

:(

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I plan on getting some autographs, shopping a little, meeting people, and having fun with my friends
    Sounds like a plan to me...I've got a thread open in the Midwest Regional Discussion board to arrange any plans to meet up with our fellow Fanforces on Saturday!

3. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Do we want to try and meet up somewhere for lunch or dinner? Are there any programs that people want to see so we can look for each other?

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd like for the group of us to go visit Amy Allen. She really enjoyed being made an Honorary Jedi Master...and I think she's get a kick outta meeting more of us, besides Don ;)

Other then that...I wanna meet Lt. Boomer (Battlestar Galactica) and then I'm open to wandering around to see whatever the rest of you want.

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Is anybody staying for Sunday, or not going until Sunday?

I may have need of your services if so. :D

I'm going to try to get Adam Huges to do an original piece for me (not sure if he's even doing them for this con). But if he is, I won't be able to pick it up since I'll be leaving by noon on Saturday (why? too long to explain, just trust me on that ;) ). If not him, that maybe another artist.

This is all rather complicated. Hopefully I can meet up with someone Saturday morning to sort this all out. Feel free to send me an IM if you can help. Thanks.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mid-Ohio Con
    Krash
    swchick
    Saralyn?
    Malo-ha and Maureen
    DonC
    Padawan92
    JJJ

So...who's driving with who? Emily and I are going to the Bluejackets game that evening (so it will be a late night for us) Othrewise, I'd offer someone a ride with us.

Grn, since we'll be in Columbus for the entire day (game starts @ 7:05)...plus we wanna get there fairly early. Drop me a PM...and I'll see what I can do about picking up your artwork.

Since GrnJalera has to leave so ealry...should we try and see Amy Allen first thing? That way he can come along, and then everyone is free to do whatever they want.

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for the offer, Krash. Don PM'd me saying that he might be able to help out, too. I'll be on the lookout for both of ya! ;)

As for Amy, don't wait for me. I may be waiting in a line or something. I'll also be leaving by noon, 1pm the latest. Gotta get back to Cleveland for the annual TBX Thanksgiving dinner. :D

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Today is the last day for advance ticket sales...so if you haven't gotten them already (shoosh...we know Don) might be a good idea to pick them up now.

Emily and I have our tickets (waiting at will call) where do ya want to meet up? Frell that "caravan" thing from All-Ohio!

9. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I already got my ticket in the mail a few weeks ago. I just have to make sure I don't "misplace" it while cleaning for Thanksgiving.

I have no idea what the building Mid-Ohio is in looks like. Should we pick a area inside like Box Office, Restrooms, at Amy's feet ;), etc. to meet at? I don't think the dealer's room would be a good idea, too many distractions. Is there a food court at this place or do we have to climb back in our cars, loose our parking spaces and find a place to eat. You do know this place is near the Cheesecake Factory don't you? :D

10. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    You do know this place is near the Cheesecake Factory don't you?

WHAT!!!! :D
    That's it. I'm coming now, can't miss this! :p

I LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE Cheesecake!

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I really wish you wouldn't have mentioned the Cheesecake Factory...sigh. I can't keep myself away from that place! The avocado egg rolls....mmmmmmmm...*salivates* And if you think those sound disgusting, you honestly don't know what you're missing. :)

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's in a hotel, Mary. No food court, and the box office is just a stand. There's a lobby you have to walk past to get in though. And there's some kind of mall accross the street, or something. I never went to it. If you do find a parking spot hold on to it like it's gold. I literally got the last spot a couple years ago.

But, like Grn said, don't wait for me to meet Amy Allen. I got no idea what time I'm going to get there, or anything. And I'm meeting some people from another message board, too.

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    And I'm meeting some people from another message board
    You mean our CR isn't even going to hang out with us! :eek:

From the looks of this place (and Don's suggestion), the easiest place to meet up is going to be the lobby.

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Hey, I'm meeting a blonde who's gonna be dressed as Wonder Woman. You'll be lucky if I even notice you're there.

15. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Thanks for the tip on parking Don. Its always good to find that out ahead of time. Specially since its next to a mall two days after Thanksgiving. I believe the mall is Easton Town Center, which means parking will be brutal, get there early! The good news is that we will be able to walk over to Cheesecake Factory should we choose to and there will also be other places to eat.

And yes, I must mention The Cheesecake Factory. Occasionally my darkside gets the best of me and I have to torment someone. Last time I went down there I brought several pieces back as trophies of my roadtrip. Unfortunately DVR I don't think a slice of cheesecake would still be good a week later when you're going to be at Dark X-Mass. Avacado egg rolls? I think I'll pass. 8-}

Krash the lobby sounds like a good place to meet. Any idea of preferred time? Saturday hours are 10am-6pm.

If anyone is interested, Matrix Revolutions is showing at the Imax theater at Crosswoods Cinema & Imax at 200 Hutchinson Ave. Columbus. Currently the times will be 1:00, 4:00, 7:00 and 9:00pm for $9. marcustheatres.com. Right now we are planning on going tentatively at 7pm. I have to take Maureen home after the movie but I'd be able to drive people home if they needed it. And if they aren't too far out of the way.

Hey, I'm meeting a blonde who's gonna be dressed as Wonder Woman. You'll be lucky if I even notice you're there.

My first impulse on reading this was to to try and convince two or three guys to don blond wigs and Wonder Women costumes and go and meet Don. Any volunteers? I'll take pictures. ;)

EDIT: Spelling, of course.

16. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I won't do that... but if I go (still haven't decided) I did want to dress as Neo for the con (and now possibly for Revolutions). Revolutions in IMAX would be hella cool.

17. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I may actually bump into some of you Saturday--not at the convention though! That day has been designated Two Sisters Hit the Malls Day but so far my sister hasn't told me where we are shopping. However, we have been to Columbus for some of our shopping "missions"! Since I get to spend so little time with her these days, I'm looking forward to this! :D You are right though, Mary. It will be "gound zero" around any mall that day!

18. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Unfortunately DVR I don't think a slice of cheesecake would still be good a week later when you're going to be at Dark X-Mas.

Yeah, maybe not! :p

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Right now we are planning on going tentatively at 7pm
    My padawan and I will be at Nationwide Arena...face-off @ 7:05pm!

Any idea of preferred time? Saturday hours are 10am-6pm
    Since we got the advanced ticket sales...we're going to be allowed in at 9:30AM. Does everyone (except possibly Eric) have tickets already?

I'm looking to hit the road sometime around 7AM...which should be plenty of time to get inside before 9:30. So anytime works fine with me.

I'm meeting a blonde who's gonna be dressed as Wonder Woman
    I can't compete with that...have fun Don!

20. Darth_Larry

Darth_Larry Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2001
    I live in San Antonio, Tx.. how long would it take me to get there if I was to travel by Tauntaun.. :-D

but seriously.. it sounds like that is gonna be a pretty cool con..Wish Cooler Cons could make it here to the San Antonio Area.. hehe

thanks,

Larry Ramirez
    SWSSA/ Dark Lord/ P.R.

21. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That is going to be the best day...first I get to go to Mid-Ohio and be with my sort-of "pipples" ;) THEN I get to go to another Blue Jacket game. Life is good!

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mid-Ohio Con...$15
    Autograph from Lt. Boomer (Battlestar Galactica)...TBA
    Visiting JEDI MASTER Amy Allen...priceless
    Getting together with FF friends and fellow Ohioscapers...frelling priceless
    Going to a Bluejackets game with your Padawan...don't ask, but worth it!

23. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Meeting 9-9:30am in the lobby sounds like a plan to me.

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Heh.... I'm not even leaving until after 9.

25. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Mary: Roseanna, Saralyn, and I will be leaving my house at 7:30 or so. (Maybe before that.) So we will be down there by 9:30, so we'll meet you in the lobby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.