main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA "MIDDLE GEORGIA!" FanForce

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Although our name has us claiming the city of Macon as our own, it is clear that we represent much more than the Macon area. We are like the "melting pot" of middle Georgia. Our members come from not only Macon, but Milledgeville, Dublin, Wrightsville, Warner Robins and Moultrie. Being that we are from all over the mid-state, I'd like to start moving the meetings around a bit to better accomodate those that have to drive 50+ miles to meet. This idea was discussed at our first meeting and now that we are pretty well established we should try to implement it.

I propose that, starting with the March meeting, we will begin rotating meeting locations between the different areas in which our members live.

What do you all think?

2. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    i think it's a good idea Allie...really i do but, like gas is 1.50 and Macon is pretty central to everyone. I mean, it's no further for me to drive to macon as say someone from warner robbins or dublin ( i think )
    but, it would be pretty far for me to drive to dublin compare to macon...tell me if i am wrong about this.

AGain, if the group agrees i am for it but i just wanted to voice my opinion....we are not am empire yet are we :p

3. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Well, while I obviously like Macon as a meeting place, I'm certainly not above commuting from time to time.

4. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I agree that Macon is a good "base of operations" but folks like litllejedi and Grand Admiral Jedi still have to travel well over 50 miles to get to Macon. I know the cost of gas is on the rise, but you and I are surely not above carpooling(we've done it before).

Having meetings in Warner Robins, Dublin and Milledgeville could help draw from the "local" fan base and increase our number(if only for the "local" meetings).

5. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    it was only an opinion dude....
    seriously through, carpooling is a good idea and like i said before whatever works i'm all for it.

6. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I support the idea Allie. Its a give and take world so I say spread the wealth and all be happy. I am certainly not above a trip to Moultrie to include remycat either (if we can find her).

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It takes an hour to get anywhere in Atlanta. :p

Seriously, I find myself driving at least 40 to 45 minutes every month. With everyone scattered to the far corners of the Atlanta metro, everyone in our group ends up driving 35 minutes to an hour to get to our meetings. But, so far, we have had no complaints. We all have so much fun together that most folks don't mind driving a little.

Swapping meeting locations is a good idea, and it might help a few folks out. We did that, until our group became too large for most places to accomodate us comfortably. Now, we usually meet at the same place every month, although it is a longer drive for many of us. Since most of us are scattered all over the ATL, it is not feasible for most of us to carpool to meetings, but that is probably a good option for your group. :)

8. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    (waves) I'm still here. Due to my work schedule, it's hard for me to make the meetings in Macon as many of them are during the week. I wouldn't propose a trip down here mostly as it is so far from where everyone else is. Meetings in Macon or Warner Robins would be best for me as I have friends there I can stay with and it's just a quick hop on the interstate for me. (hee hee, my X-wing gets good gas mileage.) :)

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    It's great to hear from you.

I hope that you can make it to Macon this Friday for the non-SE showing of Star Wars.

We'll be at Macon College. Email or PM me.

10. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I just got off the phone with Outer Limit Comics in Warner Robins. They have been kind enough to let us use their facilities for our RPG session on March 3rd. It might be possible(if we are real nice) that we could use that location as a Warner Robins RPG site. What we need are suggestions for other locations in the Warner Robins area to hold regular meetings. The same thing applies to Dublin and Milledgeville. I don't see a problem with finding a place to meet for a regular meeting but for RPG we need a quiet place with a table. Between Sabrann and myself, we can work on finding a Milledgeville location if Litlle and Grand Admiral Jedi could work on the Dublin/Wrightsville area.

Any help would be HOT! ;)

11. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    While I'm not an RPG player, I'd be happy to join you guys as Outer Limits, which I'm very familiar with. As for future meeting locations, I would like to suggest our local Books-A-Million, as it is the only bookstore in town. Aside from that, there aren't really a lot of options for meeting places, unless you want to hang out at the Galleria, which has a huge food court with lots of tables.

-Dale

12. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.