main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Middle trilogy, lost opportunity?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthBlanco, Jan 9, 2013.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Mrrm, yeah. Because a company that just sank 4.4 billion into LFL and happily makes films like John Carter at a loss is going to wince at 4-500 million dollars of TV that people still bring up despite six years of no news.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Drugs and prostitution are staples in Disney works.

DarthBoba Also don't forget, they are excuses. Lucas had money before and there's no doubt that Disney has money too. :p

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    No, but the GEICO commercials he's in are...... :)

HankSolo and DarthBoba like this.
  4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Uh...good call? Perhaps that's why the film is called "Das Boot"? ;)

5. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Well well well....via Collider:

http://collider.com/star-wars-tv-show-abc/223239/

6. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It'll happen. This is just like when people doubted a SW animated series would be happening.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Personally, I think the perfect subject matter for an animated TV series, live action or what have you would be Rogue Squadron. It would be a great way to repurpose the character of Thrawn.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  8. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Yes sir. I wanted to say that, but i din't know where.

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I like the sound of it but Lucas kinda ruined Vader for me with his prequels. It's hard for me to see him as anything but a whiny little boy. Maybe Disney can redo episode 1-3 first?

BonhillBhoy, fett 4 and LunarMoth like this.
  10. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Do you think the Vader Kill People Middle Trilogy or TV Show should mirror the inner conflicts of the TV show called Dexter which deals with Dexter who is a serial killer who works for Miami Police as a Blood Analysis, and Dexter justifies his need to kill by calling it his Dark Passenger and he only kills bad people and Vader justified his killing with twisted submission to Sidious for whatever the reasons that Vader stuck with Sidious for.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Uh, no.

eht13 and DarthBlanco like this.
  12. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    It might not get made for another 20 years or more but it will get made so, cut to the chase and lets see it.

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It would bomb.
    Some fans may think that this is what they want, but if it actually happened, they would inevitably get disappointed. What made Vader so great in our eyes is the way he was utilized in the movies. We didn't get too much of him, nor did we get too little. Furthermore, the combination of Prowse in the suit and Jones's voice is what gave him that special presence, the personality of Vader.
    He was just perfectly handled. A movie, movie trilogy or TV show dedicated to following him on his Jedi purge would ruin that.

"He's perfect"
    /LM

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The LAS might not see the light of day as it was planned by Lucas & McCallum, even with Disney's money it would see not be viable to make it the way they wanted because it would lose money. The only way it would work is to reduce the budget therefore lowerng the effect quality (maybe more physical sets and models and prosthetics? I call that a good thing).

I doubt we'll see a Jedi Purge film series, we have TFU games for that sort of thing as well as other EU.

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think the TV series will happen, but it probably be something different. A big reason ABC probably wouldn't want to do it is that the scripts are already finished. Remember, producers and "suits" always like to have their "stamps" on things. ABC would probably want to bring in their own writers and such. The concept of a Star Wars TV series may survive, but the narrative of it probably won't. Elements of that stuff will probably get reincorporated into the next trilogy.

This TV series also won't happen until the next trilogy is well underway.

I think it would be much smarter to test the waters with a Star Wars miniseries. That way if it isn't successful, you didn't overcommit to the work of propping up a season. If it successful, you just keep on doing it.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I mentioned awhile ago that they should film Revenge of the Sith: Part II, but most people thought it was stupid. I'm sure the actors wouldn't mind reprising their roles if this were to happen, too, especially Ewan McGregor.

It would have been cool to see the Emperor instituting his New Order, to see how Vader hunts the rest of the Jedi, to see what happened to the remaining clone army, and maybe even seeing Obi-Wan getting involved in all this, hoping to sway Vader back to the good side, again.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd honesty rather see at least one film taking place between TPM and AOTC. Ten years and much story there.

Frankakin skywalker likes this.
  18. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Episode XII could start off 30-odd years after ROTJ. First hour all set up nicely with Master Skywalker, Princess Leia, General Solo, Chewie, Lando and the droids etc. There is a disturbance in the force as Mace Windu is woken from carbonite on a far away world by a young orphan boy named Bane. Master Windu then recounts the Jedi's betrayal by Darth Vader......

19. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    I've heard something like that before....think,think,think........................................................

20. BonhillBhoy

BonhillBhoy Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2012
    You could do that in one great movie!

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Isn't the TV show's main charachter ment to be about a bounty hunter ie Boba Fett. The guy who goes out like a punk in RTJ !

As for Vader, well Vick Mackay and Tony Soprano both spring to mind as main charachters who are bad. I would also love to see stories on the rise of the Rebel Alliance etc

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Isn't the TV show's main charachter ment to be about a bounty hunter ie Boba Fett. The guy who goes out like a punk in RTJ !

As for Vader, well Vick Mackay and Tony Soprano both spring to mind as main charachters who are bad. I would also love to see stories on the rise of the Rebel Alliance etc

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want HBO to do an extremely violent, bloody, and dark adaptation of KOTOR.

It'll never happen though. :(

24. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Read "Dark Lord" to find out what happens immediately after ROTS. Eminently readable.

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They may not see the light of day, but it would be cool if they did, as it would be a whole new spin on SW story telling; since they are made for adults, and are nothing like the other SW movies, we would finally get a taste of the SW universe not told for family entertainment. The dark and gritty SW story we always wanted to see. I think Darth Vader could actually make a few appearances in it, although the story has nothing to do with him or "purging the Jedi." James Earl Jones is still alive, isn't he? Perhaps they should film Vader's appearances now, in case he isn't alive 10 years from now when they finally make this (or make some kind of version of it). McCallum and Lucas were speculating that down the road, CGI might be cheaper, thus making the film affordable; I hope that happens before we all die.