main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Midichlorian Question

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jedimasterinu, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    In TPM Obi-wan tells Qui-Gon that Anakin's midichlorian count is higher then that of Yoda's. I think that means the Force is strong in him, more so then Yoda. If thats the case, then why can't Anakin beat Dooku the first time around when Yoda could? Why does Anakin lose to Obi-wan so easily in ROTS? This is just bugging me.

Strilo edit: Please check the Forum Index thread for the Official Midichlorians discussion.

2. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    The same reason that the tallest basketball players aren't necessarily the best.
    Because midichlorians aren't really that important, compared to factors like training and experience.

3. Falzoni

Falzoni Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    I really don't understand midichlorians. I thought it was a measure of force strength until seeing that anakin and obi wan's force push powers are equal.

I think gl just put it there for the parralel with the gunguns/whatever those other things are

4. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    I think that even if Anakins' count is higher than Yodas', it has to do with experiance, and harnnesing that potential.

'spos it also has to do with age...in AOTC Anakin is 19, Yodas' nearing 900!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

5. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I think it is more like ther potential to be strong force users and how much the force is with them, it also takes years of training to release ther potential.

6. jedimaster11

jedimaster11 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    Agreed..midichlorians refer to potential ability to tap into. Because he was arrogant and dumb, he's "wasted talent", never able to realize his potential.

[face_peace]

7. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Ya I think it is just his potensial with the force. Yet to get to your hightest potential you must go through lots of training and have experience. Yoda who spent most his time meditating was good with the force while anakin who spent most his time disobeying Obi wasn't so good.

8. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    This is something I don't understand about the Prequels, either. Anakin is supposed to have such a high midichlorian count. But let's look at the track record:

Anakin fights Dooku...and loses an arm.

In the rematch Anakin beats Dooku, a man who is ready for the Sith Retirement Community and Golf Course on Correlia. What is he, four times Anakin's age?

Anakin fights the Younglings. He wins, but the kids trust him so at least he has a little element of surprise.

Anakin fights Obi-Wan and loses all his remaining limbs! And catches on fire!

Hell's Bells, folks, R2-freaking-D2 kicked more tail in the prequels than Anakin. Maybe someone should check his midichlorian count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.