main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Midicloreines and RPGs

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Charlemagne19, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm thinking of making an optional rule about midi-cloreine counts to display what the level limits are for Jedi in my campaign as well as Sith.

My players are thus far favorable to the inclusion...

It would also lead to an explanation somewhat regarding Jedi abuse and the like.

Basically at every 1000 that a Jedi or Sith has in their midi-cloreine levels (most human beings have somewhere to the effect of 500 I'd wager with force sensetives having around 800) they can gain one level in a force sensetive class.

Anakin by having over 20,000 is thus allowed to have Epic levels and would have been able to proceed to them had he not been stopped.

Palpatine and Yoda had enough to get to 20th etc on down.

Midi-cloreine levels though are not determined by birth alone though the bloodlines of force sensetives (leading to worship of monarchies and rumors of 'divine bloodlines') make them much higher tis true....

Jedi have a process that is a variant of Accelerate Healing that with a Jedi lore roll first (diff character level + 10) allows them to open up the subject's mind to the Force by making their body better able to produce midi-cloreine cells.

The Process on average takes an hour per level of the character and must be repeated every day equal to the times you get a success for every level with a 1 roll resulting in the process being required to start all over again.

Yoda used this on Jordas Cardas....and Jedi can actually use this on themselves

Effectively part of the reason that Jedi meditate so much is the fact that by purifying their bodies they are able to increase their ability to process the power of the Force....very similar to a biological explanation for harnessing chi.

This is mostly an NPC tool because its unfair to restrict characters without their foreknowledge

But basically folk like Anakin breeze through their existence as a Jedi being able to devote less time meditating and improving himself and more time to slashing with his saber

Ditto for his descendants

2. DexRicon

DexRicon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2003
    If I recall the rules correctly, there was a simpler way to integrate MidiChlorian count into the game.

At character creation, roll 1d20
    Results
    1-2 Character may never have the Force Sensitive feat and subtracts 2d6 from all Force Points
    3-4 Character may never become Force Sensitive
    5-7 Character may not be Force Sensitive at 1st level and takes -2 penalty on all Force Skills should she become Force Sensitive later
    8-15 Normal
    16-19 Character gets Force Sensitive Feat for free
    20 Character gets force sensitive feat for free and uses Force Points as though 3 levels higher.

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Midiclorians? Not in my games.
    The easiest way to deal with it is: if the character takes the Force Sensitive feat, he has enough of them to interact with the Force; if he does not have the feat, then he doesn't have a high enough midichlorian count.

4. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    i still like the one that dex pointed out....
    i have been using it.. allbeit secretly (( so much for the secret... one of my players lurks in here))
    i read that a while back and liked it..

5. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Midiclorians? What the @#$% is that? What was Gorge thinking? I will never use it in my RPG!

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Closest thing I did was have a Baron trying to create an army of force-sensative clone enforcers. He used genetic material from a force sensative and a corrupted jedi, mixed it together, and used clone cylanders to accelerate growth.
    Since he didn't want either personality, and he wasn't sure the procedure would work, he added psychotropic drugs and other chemicals to stimulate the brain into developing the area that SEEMED to be responsible for interfacing with THe Force.
    The first few experiments didn't work well, but he slowly improved and refined the process. Getting the brain of a mandalorian priest to use as a template for memories and knowledge helped. (In my game, the mandalorians were a cult of perverted Force users that were wiped out almost completely by the Jedi during the "Mandalorian Jihad".)

The baron had a number of other research projects he was working on, including a teleporter/transmat/transporter, which only worked properly on 2 occassions (success rate has a maximum of 40%, currently at 3%). He sends criminals and prisoners through, promissing them a full pardon if they kill the people they meet (the party) on the other side. Most of the time, the result is that there's a big organic SPLAT that the party still doesn't understand.

Oh yeah, this was about medichlorines. Um, no. I used the psychotropic drugs as a way to boost force powers.
    That's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.