main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Midnight Bowling Madness

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Some people at work once did midnight bowling a few years back but no one remembers where (and I missed that night). There's supposed to be an alley where they turn the lights off and have glow in the dark balls & pins and play funky music. Anyone have information on this because no one at my work seems to have a clue. I think this might work out for this crowd, depending on the night and interest level AND if this place still exists. Any information appreciated.

Melanie

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    If its held anywhere its at a Brunswick lane- they are known for that- however many bowling locales have things similiar to this... look for a Brunswick Lane near you and this normally occurs around midnight.

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I know of two bowling alleys around my area that do that (or used to). One is on OBT north of Sand Lake Road and the other is off International Drive. I prefer the former, as the latter is pretty much a touristy place.

L8r

4. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    On the east part of town by UCF the boardwalk bowling alley, which is pretty new, does that on the weekends.

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Cool, I didn't realize there was more than one. Anybody interested in doing this besides me?

Melanie

6. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I suck at bowling...big time...

It's too sad to see...

7. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    The fun is not in bowling good- just in bowling. No matter how bad you are, its fun! Of course how will ya get good if ya don't practice.

8. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I've only bowled 4-5 times in my life but I've heard this is so much fun that it can't be missed. Something we can all think about. The Tampa group is organizing a beach day in June and I may join them depending on the date. Maybe we should also think about doing another beach day with perhaps the Daytona group, since the last one was so good. This time with a BBQ for those who wanted one for the canoe trip. Just a suggestion.

Melanie

9. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I would go and do this, for real. I have only bowled in the 7th grade, on the school's time (Nisqually Middle School). I was awful. This needs to be done as soon as possible.

Brandon

10. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I would be up for it but more for watching you guys.... aaron would probably like to bowl

11. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'd go. The likely night would not be a school night so I'd be working, but I could join in after midnight if you guys stayed that late. And I've bowled maybe 3 times in my life. None in the last 15 years. -Campbell

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Mike, did you have the names of those alleys? If anyone knows of some names (or even drives past a likely bowling alley), please give them to me and I will gather the info.
    Melanie

13. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The one I used to go to all the time is Sky Lanes on S. Orange Blossom Trail. The other one is the World Bowling Center on Canada Avenue, which is nice, but in a highly trafficked tourist area.

L8r

14. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I'd love to go bowling. The bowling alley I know is Boardwalk Bowl on east colonial.

15. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    http://www.alomabowlingcenters.com/aloma-east/aloma-east.html

Boardwalk Bowl offers:

* 80 Brunswick Lanes
    * Optional Bumpers on Every Lane
    * State of the Art Arcade
    * 3 Meeting Rooms
    * Billiard Tables & Darts
    * Coaster Sports Pub (a great place to meet for lunch or a light dinner)
    * Full Service Snack Bar (Pizza Hut, Nathan's Hot Dogs & Squawkers Chicken. We also use only Boar's Head Meats and Cheeses in our Subs and Sandwiches!)
    * Evening Leagues with start times of 6:15pm and 7:30pm
    * Home to the Right Approach Training Center
    * United Trophy Shop
    * Pro Shop

Hours of Operation:
    Mon thru Thur 9am - 1am
    Friday 9am - 3am
    Saturday 9am - 3am
    Sunday 9am - 1am

Adult: Mon-Fri
    9:00am - 5:00pm
    $2.25 per game + tax

Sun-Thurs Nights
    after 5:00pm
    $3.50 per game + tax Sat/Sun
    $3.00 per game + tax

Fri/Sat Nights
    5:00pm to close
    $4.00 per game + tax

League Bowler: $1.50 per game + tax
    (Not Vaild for Rock'n Bowl/ Go Bowlistic/ Fun Day/ Specials, etc.)

Shoe Rental: $3.00 (all ages) $2.00 (our league bowlers/must have card)

Rent-A-Lane
    ( By The Hour)
    Time Bowling - ALL HOURS MUST BE PRE-PAID
    (does NOT include shoes)

Mon-Fri
    $8.00 per lane per hr + tax

Sun-Thurs
    5:00pm to close
    $16.00 per lane per hr + tax

Friday (5pm - Close)
    $20.00 per lane per hr + tax
    Saturday (5pm - Close)
    $20.00 per lane per hr + tax

ROCK'N BOWL EVERY FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT

*Sunday
    Beat the Clock
    9:00am-10:00am - $1.00 per game + tax
    10:00am-11:00am - $1.50 per game + tax
    11:00am-12:00pm - $2.00 per game + tax
    12:00am-5:00pm - $3.00 per game + tax

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    This should be a topic at the meeting on Saturday. Why didn't I put it on the meeting thread? To keep all this information availible to us.

17. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, this should be discussed at the meeting and done ASAP. The longer it takes to do, the more likely we are, well, not to do it.

Brandon

18. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Kinda like the paintball and dinner dates...heheheh (evil young-boba-like laugh).

19. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Okay, because we did not discuss this today, I am bumping this to the top of the topic list.

So, someone take charge and make a date... do it!

Brandon

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I won't set a date because I'm fairly certain that it won't be on a school night, which means I'll probably be a late arrival. But I will show up for this sort of thing assuming the gang'll still be balling in the wee hours.

And btw, Brandon, now that school nights don't mean as much to you currently, maybe you'll be interested in swaying popular opinion toward the midweek with me.

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Anyone up for a late night tomorrow? Thursday night bowling anyone?

22. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Bowling is more fun in a big group. Let's try to get as many people for this as possible and set a certain date (hopefully before Stefanie leaves). I can research some alleys and find out what days they do the wildest events and post them and then we vote. MAJORITY rules this time, ok? Sound good?
    Melanie

23. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, believe it or not, I do now have somewhat of a work schedule, though, oh, screw it, it's complicated, far too complicated to go into right here.

However, hell, I can show up Thursday night/Friday morning if others can. If not, I suppose Campbell and I can just throw balls down a lane and see who can knock over the most pins.

Join us, everyone. You, too, Stefanie. Midnight tomorrow should be okay for everyone, and if it's not, well, then you don't get to pick up a heavy stone and throw it at some sticks.

Brandon

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Sounds like Melanie's having a do over at her abode tonight, but if anyone wants to go bowling afterward I'm up for it. Brandon, we'll pick a place in the afternoon if you're into it.

25. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ia sent so much information on the where but we need to pick a when. I vote for a Friday or Saturday night between midnight until 3am (thus the name Midnight bowling madness). This way late nighters like Campbell & Mike can join us and those of us who work can sleep in the next day if it's over a weekend.
    What does everyone think? Let's make this happen.
    =D= [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing]

[-o|
    Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.