main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Midnight Bowling Madness

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree with the days and times. If someone takes care of everything and sets it up, I'll be there.

Brandon

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I second that emotion. -Campbell

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'd prefer a Saturday night, for what it's worth. That way I can sleep in the next day. :)

L8r

4. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok, I volunteer myself to organize and set it up. I have some questions though. If I were to set this up for Saturday July 31st from midnight to 3am. Would this work for the majority of us? Who thinks they might go because I would need to set up a certain amount of lanes. If you don't want to post your reply, PM me.
    More details to follow.

Melanie

5. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Man, bowling sounds like fun! IF I can go I will. Seeya there... maybe...!

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I could do that.

Brandon

7. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Works for me.

L8r

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Just ducky. I'm in, and will be a bit late because I most definitely will be working that night.

9. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Count me in for bowling-sounds like fun!
    Susan

10. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    So, has anything been arranged?

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I have 3 likely locations.
    I'm trying to get the best prices (possibly a deal), etc. I have called most locations tonight but the "day manager" is who can reserve the lanes & offer me prices, etc.
    If anyone has any suggestions of a location (not Aloma, too far for the entire group) please PM me or email me.
    I'll know everything tomorrow and plan on posting the top 2 or 3 choices on here and let everyone vote.
    I hope that sounds fair. We agreed it's this Saturday midnight til closing and bowling is the activity, sorry the where is taking me longer than usual.
    Here's where I've found so far that is open later at night:
    AMF Sky Lanes OBT

AMF Semoran Lanes

WINTER PARK BOWL AMERICA W FAIRBANKS AV

Melanie

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    This is the place:
    Colonial Lanes
    400 N. Primrose Drive
    Orlando, FL 32803
    (407) 894-0361

NO voting. Let's not vote. We get in trouble when we leave it up to the "group".

Moonlight Bowling $10 per person for 3 games - you can win prizes for number of strikes in a row, etc. Random drawings/door prizes (for those who aren't good bowlers, like me).
    If you go on coloniallanes.net they have a coupon for free shoe rental. Should be a ton of fun. Dale & guest and me are definite. Sounds like Sharon & Susan are up for it. Brandon showed interest. So who else?
    Melanie

13. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, Dale called me last night while I was at Chiles, and I will be there. Stefanie is going to try to come, so hopefully she will be able to make it. The more we have the better.

One thing, if it's at "midnight," does that mean it is going to take place the midnight between Friday and Saturday or the midnight between Saturday and Sunday? When someone says, "Midnight on Saturday," I think most take that to mean between Saturday and Sunday, but, really, it's between Friday and Saturday.... ya know?

So, what's the dealio?

Brandon

14. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    We are actually planning on Saturday night, and the time is from 10pm-1am. Not too late. the 10$ is for 3 games, so if we play more than 3 games the price goes up. Im really looking forward to this, so Ill see you all Saturday night.

Dale

15. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    So do we think we should meet at 10pm or 11pm or later? If we meet too early will we get tired of bowling and want to leave early or do we like each other enough to want to close this place down?
    Just wondering. I'm game for anything. See you all there!

Melanie

16. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    10:00pm.

Brandon

17. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    NO voting. Let's not vote. We get in trouble when we leave it up to the "group".

The only trouble we get into is when the majority of people decided on something and then it gets approved, but a week later it gets changed for some unknown reason. Everything is fine as long as when a decision is made we stick to it.

Just saying . . .

I'll try to make it. I should be able to. If my car isn't on fire.

L8r

18. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, no voting. First "No Votes!" and then "10 or 11?" Come on! That means YOU, Melanie! That's right! The ten or eleven time frame is basically a vote! A vote! Last time there was a vote Palpatine became Emperor, and Bush became the Retarded Emperor! See what happens when things are put to a vote?

Wait... good things, Death Stars, clones, Star Destroyers, destruction of planets... cool.

Anyway, Saturday at 10:00pm, TEN PEE-EM, 2200hrs.

God knows what time that is in Star Wars land... though, I'm sure, an uber-nerd will shortly appear and tell me.

Brandon

19. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Wait, is the bowling tonight? I thought it was some other Saturday. If it's tonight I doubt I'll show. I'm coming off of an extremely hectic week and I just need to relax. I'm going to work in a few minutes and I don't think I'd be able to make it back, shower, dress, and drive all that way before 10pm.

:\

I hope everyone has fun. Too bad nobody'll see my famous ball-slams-the-floor-and-bounces-into-another-lane-before-falling-into-the-gutter-at-the-last-second throw. ;)

L8r

20. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh, come on now, that is weak. You need to come, or all is lost!

We went from having 9 people, to 7, to 5, and now probably 2 will actually show up. Sigh.

Brandon

21. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Mike you need to come out tonight. Theres nothing more relaxing then bowling. If you show up a little late thats fine. We did this on a Saturday, so you could sleep in the next day.

Ill be there for sure with a date.

22. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I just now got home from work, which is pretty bad since I tried to leave at 7:30pm. By the time I shower and drive out there, it'll be close to midnight. All the fun would have been had by that point, no? :(

I really tried to get off early to come out tonight guys. The gods were against me. I left over an hour and half later than I was supposed to. It's a Saturday night. Why are people coming to CityWalk? Oh yeah. It's a Saturday night. :p

I honestly got confused, though. I didn't know the bowling shindig was today until I read the post this morning. I'll try to be more observant in the future and plan accordingly.

BTW, is there an August meeting date set yet?

L8r

23. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I had a fun time out bowling. I think Im getting a blister on my thumb. Susan had the high game of 174. Jill won 3 dollars, Susan also won a couple of dollars. Thanks for the goodie bag Susan. I loved it. Later.

Dale

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I really regret not being able to show. I just got home too, and I had a dramatically bad night at work. I thought there was a chance I could make it, even as late as 9pm hope glimmered. Then the wall of ***** was caked around me for hours more, and here I stand at the end of the line, broken.

But I'm home, and that's a lot better than an hour ago. Hope the very small group that went had a great time. -Campbell

25. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I had a good time as well. It was hilarious to envision the pins quaking in total fear, wanting to jump out of the way of the lightening fast cannonballs Dale was throwing down the lane. Their fear petrified them & that is the only thing that saved the poor little pins. At the last minute the ball would only hit a few, saving their brothers from shattering and a certain painful death.
    Brandon won most improved award and I think I won worst. I haven't played since I was about 8 or 9 but it was all in fun.
    Susan you rock! Thank you SO much for my little goodie bag of SW stuff. We didn't get to go to Comicon but it felt like we had a little taste of it with the souvenirs & photos. I seem to have "misplaced" the other goodie bag so I guess Campbell doesn't get one :p (just kidding, I'm giving it to him next time I see him).
    Mike we all missed you and hope that you can make it for the next time. Ia & everyone else who had other plans, we'll see you at the next meeting, right? Right! ;)
    See ya all on the boards... Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.