main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *** Midnight Madness Event For the Star Wars Trilogy DVD Mon. Sept. 20th, Wherehouse Music, Del Mar!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I dunno if anybody wants it early, but for whatever reason, my work (best Buy in Oceanside) has started selling the Battlefront PS2 and XBox Version, so feel free to swing by and pick yours up early, srry but the PC version isnt on the floor yet.... Ask for Tony

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    OMG. I'll be there tomorrow to pick up a copy of the Xbox version!!!!

3. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I got my PC version preordered at Game Stop in Carmel Mountain. I'm all set. :)

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    swguru2004 that is the meanest trick I've ever seen anyone pull on this forum.

I got up early today and drove out to Oceanside from Escondido, which is about a 25-30 mile drive for me. I got to Best Buy when they opened and they did not have any version of Battlefront.

I asked if they were ever selling it and I was told that they have NOT sold it yet, it was NOT ever on the shelf, and they will NOT be selling it until Tuesday.

5. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    Will be there pretty early, around 8ish, possibly 7ish. Be wearing a ROTS shirt and I suppose I'll bring my Vader LS.

6. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    Manabyte: All I know is that during my shift last night (5 to 11) is that Victor who is my supervisor had put out Battlefront, and we were selling it...I asked him, and he said that the street date in the computer was today, I said NO, told him what I knew and he showed me in computer that it said today...so, he said we will sell them today. I was like whatever. SO i figured I would let everyone here have the heads up. My only conclusion is that they must have found the error in the computer and corrected it...

P.S.- Srry for the off topic post

7. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'll have Darth Mitch-al with me for a couple of hours until his dad can pick him up; but I'll be sure to dress him in his Jango outfit.

Or maybe Buzz Lightyear. ;)

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    What sorts of things can everyone bring to have on display on the table? Perhaps I can get the manager to play Star Wars music in the store that evening, and perhaps play the movie on the store's TV screens? What else can any of you think to do that would add to the atmosphere?

9. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    Is anybody else really good at Improv duelling, and can bring Park Sabers...While I am still tryin to get a ride, If I can, I would be more than willing to improv duel with someone..lol

10. jacen66

jacen66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2004
    Well everyone I hope you have a good time. Please post some pictures of all the happenings. This is my last post
    until I go to Chicago. I will post pictures when I return from the Chicago Best Buy Midnight madness. Cross your fingers that my plane isn't late because I get there at 7:00pm and I don't want to miss it. I just hope the mapquest map I printed gets me there.
    I'll be back on wednsday night, HAVE FUN :D

11. Mystical

Aug 1, 2004
    I'd duel if someone would be generous enough to loan me a parks lightsaber. I'm more than confident my replica one would break on first contact.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    If I remember, I'll bring some practice blades for my parksaber. You would have to duel outside and far away from any people so that there is no chance of anyone getting hurt.

13. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    Oh, I Can do that, I remeber when Laramie was here...That guy could duel... :D

14. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Here is a link to the MapQuest map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=12995+El+Camino+Real+&city=San+Diego&state=CA&zipcode=&search=++Search++
    (you'll have to copy and past because it's too long for this software to direct link)

The address is acutally in San Diego, not Del Mar.

15. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I haven't unpacked my costumes yet, but I think I know where my Parksabers are buried, and I have about an hour between classes today to run home and dig for them. Will try to bring all of them if I can find them.

I get out of class between 9:30 and 10:30, then I'll head straight up there to Del Mar.

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I've been sick since Saturday, but I'll be there and in armor so I don't think I will get anyone else sick.

Everyone please remember that you have to pay $5 prior to midnight in order to guarantee the $34.99 price and a poster. Please help spread the word to those in line that they must do this as well.

17. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Nina Jiminez at channel 10 just called, and might cover us for the 11 o'clock news.

18. Destined_Jedi

Destined_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Everyone please remember that you have to pay $5 prior to midnight in order to guarantee the $34.99 price and a poster. Please help spread the word to those in line that they must do this as well.

Hi, I am currently not a member, but I will be attending this midnight release party. Any chance that you'd let me reserve a copy for $5?

Also, I was wondering what exactly is going to be happening between 8pm and midnight? Trivia and stuff?

19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    when you show up, you can reserve your own copy with the store for $5 before midnight, and then pay the rest after midnight!

what's going on?
    trivia contests, prize giveaways, characters in costume and more!

20. Destined_Jedi

Destined_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks for the info.

21. TKWinterhawk

TKWinterhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    Does anyone know about what kind of changing facilities they will have there? Or is someone going to bring the bus?

22. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    MicDavis is bringing the bus. :)

And I found my lightsabers so I am bringing the whole box of em, and a case of new batteries! :) :)

23. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I was just watching Ch10 news a few minutes ago and the had the leader. SW DVD midnight madness, some stores are opening at midnight to sell the DVD. Full story and we'll show you the people at news at 11PM. So I'm going to set a tape up for it.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay! I'm moved into my dorm, and James is going to be picking me up to go! See you all there!! (I'd take my cheap plastic lightsabers, but that'd be embarrassing putting them next to you guyses parksabers. :p )

25. Mystical

Aug 1, 2004
    wait, this thing is in San Diego and not Del Mar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.