main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Midnight Madness in Lehigh Valley

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ambush, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambush

Ambush Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey Guys
    I live in Bethlehem and was wondering what stores around here will be participating in midnight madness on April 2nd? I know there is a 24 hour Walmart in Trexlertown but is there anywhere else I could go? Where are you guys going? Any help would be appreciated. May the Force be with you!

Ambush

2. Ambush

Ambush Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey guys, it's been a week and April 2nd is fastly approaching. I'll probably call some stores around here but a reply would be nice. Isn't there anyone from Bethlehem, Allentown, etc? Thanks again!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This board isn't the most active - in fact, it's been dying over the past couple of months. So, that explains the lack of replies.

Unfortunately I have no idea concerning Midnight Madness around here. I don't even know if there's enough demand to do it in our area. It seems like there's not enough diehards around to attend it.

4. Ambush

Ambush Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Good news everybody! The Toys R Us in Whitehall was included in the master list of all the tru's doing midnight madness! I'm still going to call wallyworld and see if their doing it but overall this is great! Hope to see you guys there!

Ambush

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I was just gonna post up about this. However, Whitehall is a bit of a trek for most of us here. If anything we'd probably gather at the Toy R Us in Wyomissing. If anyone's interested, be sure to post up. :)

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just wanted to up this. Is anyone else heading out at midnight? I'm thinking of also hitting Target on the 2nd. I just got a special offer in the mail (with an awesome duel poster thing) that I get one dollar off every action figure purchased.

So, just wondering if anyone else is heading over to Toys R Us(or Target or whatever).

7. Ambush

Ambush Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I can't wait till Friday night! I'll probably head out to the Toys R Us in Whitehall at about 11:00. Too bad the exclusive Yodas aren't going to be given out until the 10th. Saturday morning I'm going to the Walmart in Quakertown for the tent sale thing. It should be fun. I got that thing from Target, too. I might go there sometime Saturday. I wonder how Target got my name? Well have fun, be safe, and may the Force be with you!

Ambush

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    We're heading out to the Toys R Us in Reading around 10:30-11pm. I'm not sure if there will be lines, but we're being prepared. Anyway, if any of you happen to come on out I'll be wearing my navy PA College of Art and Design hoodie. Try to look for me. ;)

9. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I didn't get a chance to get out that night. :_|

So, how was it? Ambush? Steph?

I hit all the stores on Sunday & Monday! (Toys-R-Us, Wallmart, Target, Kay-Bee)

All I can say is whoa! :eek:

I couldn't believe all the stuff! Especially Toys-R-Us, they had a really cool setup! I was walking mindlessly back & forth for hours! [face_hypnotized]

I walked out with all the Unleashed & the Talking Yoda! I'm going back with my daughter to pick up some figures & ships.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I kinda see where they got the name "madness" from. The line was backed up almost past Office Max. Luckily for us, we got there about an hour early and we were the third people in line. Once the doors open, it was a mad stampede for the action figures. I was right up front, but I was constantly getting shoved into the display. It was a neat experience, though. I walked away with nine figures: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Vader, Yoda, Clonetrooper, Chancellor Palpatine, Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and General Grievous.

I plan on hitting Target and Wal-Mart within the next few days to pick up some more. ;)

So, what figures were you able to pick up?

11. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Just the Unleashed (Anakin, Obi Wan, & General Grevious) and the Talking Yoda, that is super cool!!! :cool:

I am going back for the ships & figures for the kids this month. I also want to pick up some of the board games. This is all before I hit the bookstore!! [face_hypnotized]

12. xavierrr01

xavierrr01 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    midnight maddness was great i went down to toy r us in time square ny .it was the best thing and the most fun. darth vader was there a garrison of storm troopers ,jedi knights,boba fett. it was awsome the line went for blocks. mtv news was there filming, sports center was filming its was crazy packed and exciting. it was great to see so many fans out supporting starwars. i pick up about 20 figures and got the special yoda holograpic figure. it wasnt as bad as steph said with the pushing because they let people in by groups of fifty at a time.so it gave everbody a chance to shop with out being pushed around.sounds like everbody had fun 2 so i ll talk to you guys soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.