main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Midnight Madness

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leo73, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Hey All,

I was just wondering if anybody is going to the Rt. 38 TRU in Cherry Hill for Midnight Madness.

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    See this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/New_Jersey/b10113/18610116/?2

I think everyone is going to that event.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey Leo,

Not sure who from the Southern NJ gang is going to NYC or not.

Do they have an event planned there in case there are people who don't want to trek into NYC?

4. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I know myself and Mike are going to NYC.

5. Leo73

Feb 25, 2003
    I am not sure if they have something planned or not, I am going to head over there once I get done work today and find out.

6. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Leo,
    Good to see you on the boards!

We are actually working the event (in costume). You should come to NYC. We are making a big to do at TRU.

~DG~

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm going to the TRU near the Woodbridge Mall for MM, it's just a stone's throw away from where I am.

8. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    South Jerz is going to the Deptford TRU.

9. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Good to see you again, Mathew!

~DG~

10. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I lurk daily.

11. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    We gotta get you to a meeting Matthew. Unfortunately the next few are gonna be up North so it'll be more than a hike for you.

12. Leo73

Feb 25, 2003
    Well I checked the local TRU in Cherry Hill, and the lady there told me that it doesnt matter when people show up. Anyone can line up whenever they want to wait for the opening. I am thinking I might get there early and even take a laptop with me and watch one of the movies in the car til then.

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Let us know how it goes there, Leo!

14. RogueWompRat

Feb 15, 2003
    I called the Islen TRU, and they said they're doin it. So I'm most likely going there.

15. Darth_Marc

Darth_Marc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey guys. I'm going to the WM on Rt. 42 in Turnersville at midnight. The figures are a little cheaper than TRU, and perhaps won't be as crazy?

I went to WM for TPM MM, and had a blast, went to the TRU on Route 1 in central Jersey for AOTC (and my girl got hit with a cart by a rude fan). I was going to go to TRU in Cherry Hill, but the exclusive Yoda won't be out until 4/10/05....

Happy hunting.

16. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Interesting that all the NJers are going to be in different places all over NJ and outside.

If you guys and gals would be so kind as to post in this thread, a report from your respective activites. For example: How many people showed, fan reactions, any SELL OUTS, and if you happen to notice - and miscarded or alternate figures. Was it a mad rush? Was is dead? Were the masses beating the door down?

Let us know!!
    ~DG~

17. RogueWompRat

Feb 15, 2003
    Well, I'm going to the TRU across from the Woodbridge mall for sure. I called and they said they don't know if they have the Holo Yoda, but whatever. I'm gonna blow some serious coinage tonight.

18. Darth_Marc

Jun 21, 2002
    Will do. I think it's going to be a blast.

19. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Can't wait to see the pictures of this event. :)

I miss I could be there for this one but I just finished a 16 hour shift at 4:00 this afternoon.

I am going to the one in Framingham, MA. ..alone :(

See you guys soon!!

20. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, that was quite an event!

Some of the pics are featured on the TFN site, that NYline provided. Myself, Marie, RJ (scouts) and Matty Dog (stormie) are pictured for the upstairs activities. We had a staged production, where our line was parted by Vader. Quite cinematic. Unfortunatly, the swarming whordes barrelled thru us in an effort to grab one of the 10,000 of the same figures took away from it. But it's fine. Heck, that's what were there for!

I bought a few items (Sidous 12", Unleashed Grevious, etc. )and got the hologram Yoda that they are selling today on TRU's site for 9.99.

It was a great event, with almost 50 troopers from the surrounding garrisons and as far away as Massachucetts joining in the fun! There were PLENTY of photos with the passers-by in Times Square. The Lego Vader and Chewie were incredible!! We left around 2 and there were STILL people on line to get in. There are more pics coming soon on the NJO site.

I am glad I was able to experience the last Midnight Madness in the greatest city in the world.

~EF~

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Being back in NYC for the first time in 2 months really made me realize how special NYC is to me.

I wish Boston/RI was with us. We said a few times how much we wished Beanie were with us. :( IN SPIRIT!!

22. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Man I wish I was there but Gary told me about the line around the block!! Ugh!

I was at the Framingham,Mass. and there were about 25 people or so. Pretty civilized no real "scalpers" got what I wanted :)

See you guys in a 2 weeks or so :D

23. Darth_Marc

Jun 21, 2002
    I ended up staying local and going to Cherry Hill TRU first. It was a blast. People in line were really nice, except for 1 guy with his son that cut infront of 40 people right before they let us in....I got about 20 of the figures (3 deluxe) from TRU, and didn't get the exclusive Yoda (they only had 12). After that I went to TRU in Deptford and found some more figures, then went to the WM in Turnersville (got a few more figures thanks to some kind fans).

After about 2 hours sleep I went Target and got the exclusive Vader (very cool) and more figures. Then I went to the tent promotion in marlton WM to TRY to get the Early Bird exclusive...After waiting an hour an half, it didn't happen. Went back to WM in Turnersville, got 2 of the EB exclusives. Went to KB and got 2 hard to find Battle packs. All tolled, I found 1-32 of the figures, and spent close to $400. I didn't have a camera to document the long, fun weekend...

The TRU's had a lot of stuff, and there were less people than TPM and AOTC MM sales....Maybe the weather had something to do with that.

In my eyes, Target came out the winner. They organized the exclusives so if you got there early you got one. TRU failed misserably in that regards (12 figures for 50-75 people?)...Walmart was very disorganized, but the staff was very HELPFUL. It was frustrating waiting 1 hour 30 minutes for nothing...

I'm glad I got to go to all three.

It looks like NYC was a blast!

24. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Marc,
    Thanks for the update! Yeah the weather was a downer in NYC but the fans that came out didn't get rained on until almost 11:45pm. TRU was nice enough to let some folks wait in the lobby. They had to let controlled amounts of folks shop at a time, so the madenss was contained (for the most part)

~DG~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.