main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Midnight Madness!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    So, who's going to be out at midnight (Toys R US or Media Play or Meijer) tonight to grab the first of the toys and other goodies? :)

What are you hoping to score on your hunt tonight?

Come on...fess up. You can tell us...we understand your madness... :cool:

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Media Play is opening at midnight? I haven't been there in a couple weeks, but I didn't hear anything about this. I will be at TRU for the figures. Any word on how late Media Play will be open? Thanks!!

3. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Okay, my bad...I could've sworn I saw something when I was there on Saturday. But I just called...and the Pontiac Media Play isn't going to be open at midnight.

4. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Thanks for clearing that up. I reserved all 6 books I want at Waldenbooks, and will also be stopping by Media Play and Wal-Mart tomorrow during the day. Once I get pictures of all my figures I'll throw them up on the website :)

5. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I will be joining Rob at the Toys R Us in Sterling Heights, between the two of us we should do some serious damage!

I will be buying most of the toys first and worrying about the figures as the week goes on. I think Im going to get the soundtrack from Best Buy on Wednesday.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I will buy one of every figure (that will be a lot of money) the Reek, the Lego Republic Gunship, Slave I, and if I can find them 2 set's of the Playskool. Then later in the day I will buy the book, the soundtrack, and Anakin's and Zam's speeder's.

The Toy's R Us in Sterling Heights will not know hit them between Huttese and me. [face_devil]

7. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Its toys r us on john r for me tonight,just look for the freak in a black hat with the colorfull tattoos

8. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Rob and I got so lucky...we were in the first group that got to Toys R Us and for our reward the manager put sets of all the figures in carts. This is no joke...one of the coolest things a store rep has ever done. We also got the Hasbro boxes that the figs came in. Soooo cool.

9. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Good Morning Shoppers! :)

Sounds like you and Robert had success last night Huttese.

How did everyone else do?

10. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Well, I went out at lunch to the local K-Mart (on Rochester Rd.) and found all kinds of goodies right as you walked in the store.

They had everything...except the novel (my friend and I circled the store twice and no book).

It looks like they had all the 3 1/2" figures and three different 12" figures.

But the only thing I bought...was the R2. He was too cute to pass up. So, he's not sitting on my desk...keeping my Wonder Woman company. :)

11. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I bought the 3 3/4" Anakin and Padme and Jango Fett.Later on,I'm going to go out and get the soundtrack and some of the books.

12. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Between last night and today, I found 25 of the 27 figures that were released, in addition to 6 books, the 12-inch Anakin figure, Anakin's speeder and the movie poster. I did pick up an extra Jango and Hangar Duel Anakin. But the two I couldn't find were the Royal Guard (bummer) and Taun We. Did anyone find either of these? If you have extras, perhaps we can reach an arrangement?

:)

13. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I went to TRU last night and got a few things: R2-D2, and Jango Fett, Anakin's lightsaber, Star Wars LIFE. Then this morning I got 6 of the books and the new trading card game. Oh, and I bought the sound track! I'm quite happy with my purchases! :D

14. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Man the people at the toy's r us that me and Huttese went to was so good to us. They did a good very good job.

As for what I got, I have all the figures except the Royal Guard, Taun We, and Luminara Unduli. So do not feel bad Royalguard you are not the only one without a complete collection.Also I got the lego gunship, the Reek, Slave I, both speeders, a box of the topps cards, the cd (Anakin and Padme), and the Book. I got my little girl Mace's lightsaber and a coloring book.

As for the figures that we are missing Royalgaurd we will find them . They will start to show up.

15. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Just ordered tuan we and royalguard off ebay, I went everywhere today and could not find them.

16. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    I kinda got lucky at Kmart on John R/12 mile and then again I didn't. I found a deluxe Mace doll that was marked at 6.99 when it was actually at 10.99 and then I ran into the dark side at the No. 6(figures) counter who tried to beat me down about it not being that price. But I still won the battle and all she did was stand there with the poker face and bash SW("all this over a piece of plastic, I don't get it. It's misguided!") That's why your old, sad and working at Kmart making 7.50 an hour! Don't try to mess up my joy! I couldn't find a Yoda doll either, which I was really looking for. So, oh well, I still got Mace at a four dollar discount and Jango Fett. I'll get out tomorrow and look at Toys R Us. It was a decent hunt. Good night.

17. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Huttesse and Royalguard I am willing to bet that we find the figures that we are missing at the Celebration II store or by the 16th of May.

18. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    I finished the collection, I have all the figures that were released that I know of. Cant wait till the battle arena comes out.

19. Jedi_Knight_Fisto

Jedi_Knight_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I was in line right in front of Huttese and rob at the Sterling Heights TRU. I got 24 out of the 27 firgures plus doubles of almost half of them. I got Zam's speeder (didn't really want anakins) and Jedi Starfighter. Later on in the day I got the sound track and a nice Padmé poster.

Hey does any one know where I can find Luminara Unduli, Taun We, and Royal Guard? I want those figures to complete my collection. If any one has these with your wisdom I'm sure we can work out an arrangement that will be mutually benifition.

20. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Huttesse and Royalguard I am willing to bet that we find the figures that we are missing at the Celebration II store or by the 16th of May.

I was just thinking the same thing, Robert. I was trying to order them off Toybliss.com, but the site was slow. I really don't want to spend all the time and gas money looking for just those 2 figures, but then again, I am a completist :) I'm sure they will turn up between now and the end of C2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.