main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Midnight @ Marq*e

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Robnhud, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Who's in!? Never too early to start planning!

I wasn't in Houston last year, I was in NY for the NYLINE. What happened here last year?

2. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I might be able to talk my wife into it. It is one of the only places I would go to. Its closer to the house and I cannot wait.

3. Robnhud

Apr 24, 2002
    LOL finally! A response!!!

4. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I just found out I may be in Montana that week to see my parents. Pray that I can go the last week. The wife said midnight might be fun. Return of the King opened her eyes and she rembers how crazy that was LOL.

5. texasfitz

texasfitz Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2003
    I might be up for a midnight show up in town, but it depends on what (if anything) the 501st is doing.

6. Robnhud

Apr 24, 2002
    ANyone here go to the Midnight show for Ep2? What was it like? Cheering etc??

7. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I was at the midnight showing at the Marque. It didn't even come close to the raucous crowd for TPM's midnight show(I saw that one at the AMC Studio 30). But then again, nothing will ever compare to that.

There was a lot of cheering though at the usual moments. The Fox fanfare, "a long time ago", the opening crawl, and of course the crowd went nutz when Yoda's shadow approached Dooku at the end.

The audience also laughed though when Anakin went on his little tirade in Padme's apartment about Obi-Wan being overly critical or whatever the hell he was whining about. Amazingly enough, the midnight crowd didn't break out in laughter when Anakin had his nightmare and it looked like he was playing with himself under the covers.

And at the end, the crowd cheered and I heard several people remarking how great the movie was as they were leaving the theater. Which makes me wonder what happened in the last 3 years to cause so many "fans" to reverse their opinion.

8. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, I caught TPM and AOTC at the AMC Gulfpoint 30 at midnight. Camped out for TPM tix, and showed up at 4am for AOTC tix (they didn't allow overnight camping that time).
    Hopefully, the new Cinemark theater they are building in Pearland will be open in time for ROTS...if not I'll return to the AMC theater.

9. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Brian and I were going to go to Florida at the time ROTS is released, but my car virtually blew up, so now we aren't.

So, we haven't decided where we will be going. It will probably be AMC Gulfpoint 30 (which is where I saw AOTC at midnight, as well). If not, we'll do Edwards Marq*e (because that's where I really saw AOTC for the first time, before the midnight showing). I definitely know it won't be Cinemark because I hate them.

10. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I will be at the Marq*e at midnight. Cinemark is not what it used to be. I was at Willowbrook for ATOC and was pleased but I work closer to the Marq*e. Still trying to decide if I will go in costume. I want to join the 501st but do not have much time. Look forward to the fun.

11. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Just thought I would stop in and see what's happening.

I've been away for quite a long time.

I went to AOTC at Willowbrook for the midnight show and it was fun. I bought tickets early so I didn't have to wait in line very long at all. They let us in around 10:30 or so and we just hung out. There were several guys and a couple girls with Park's sabers and some of the Hasbro ones. Plenty of people were dressed up too. There were a couple people in front of me that were not too happy with all of the people with sabers. The lady in front of me told me I had better not turn the lightsaber on during the movie and made a few ugly comments. Anyway other than that I had a great time.

If you haven't been to a midnight show, it is fun to hang out with other Star Wars fans. I've been trying to get some of my friends to experience it this time. With being a little older, nearing 30, some think it's a little geeky. If it wasn't for being a school night, I'd take my girlfriends kids because they are huge Star Wars fans so they could experience it because it won't happen again likely.

Bryan

12. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I might come stumbling out of Drink Houston around 2am and join anyone, as long as it's not raining I will gladly pass out. I may ask someone to run over to Red Robin and pick me up some quesadillas, those are awesome!

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    That's super, and I'll be sure to keep that in mind because it has a lot to do with my midnight Star Wars experience. [face_plain]

In other news...like Robnhud said, who's in? Are we going to plan some kind of group line for this? I think it could be a lot of fun!

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Imay not be in the 501st but I will wear my stormtrooper armor if I go. It cannot be any worse then Halloween at City Streets A few years ago. See post NW Houston.

15. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I was surprised that nobody had dressed up for the Smithsonian exhibit at the MOFA a few years ago. Of course, they probably would have had difficulty getting in, I think a Monet exhibit was going on at the same time!

16. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    DOH!! Nevermind!

17. Mlmfalcon-rfx

Mlmfalcon-rfx Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2005
    what happened at mofa?
    i dressed up back in 2001.

18. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I'm headed to the midnight show at the Edwards 24. God help me... that thing's gonna be packed. :(

19. DARTH_URSUS

DARTH_URSUS Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    I've got tix for the midnight showing at the Marq*e. I went there last time for AOTC. It was great!!! Especially once Yoda appeared to duel Count Dooku...the crowd went wild!! Hopefully it'll be as energetic this time. What time are people gonna start showing up to line up?

20. Count_Dough-ku

Nov 7, 2001
    I get off work that night at 11:30 PM, so I'll be hauling ass just to get there before the lights dim. The same thing happened with Episode II. I got off work late and didn't get to the theater until after 11.

21. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I will be in screen 1 at the Marq*e. I think I get off at 8 that night so I might be there by 9.30.

22. Darth_Sesshu

Darth_Sesshu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Dont think im going to drive to houston to see the movie, Im trying to put together a Star Wars fest here in Lake Jackson/ Angleton but unsucessful, got alot of friends going to Starplex Cinema, ive seen the last two movies there so gotta see the last one there also, Im so Psyched, requested my days off, ordered and Black Sith Cloak to wear to premiere, and also for the Star Wars after party, and ill be back the next morning to see it.

23. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I will be there for the 12:01am screening on screen 23 (IMAX room), they are calling it a "giant screening".

24. Count_Dough-ku

Nov 7, 2001
    If anyone needs an extra ticket to the midnight showing at the Marq*e, a friend won't be able to make it that night and I'd already purchased his ticket.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll be happy to offer it at a discount as extra incentive.

25. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I HAVE TO WORK!!!! THE EARLIEST I MIGHT SEE IT IS SATURDAY NIGHT.

Even then......pfft.

Stupid Putt-Putt wont let me get off work.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.