main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Midnight Movies at Colorado Mills

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Nova, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I havent been around, I try to catch up on the post when I can, but I am waaaaaaay behind!

Anywho, I wanted to let you all know about this cool "Midnight Movie" that we stumbled upon, some of you may already know this....

The United Artist theater at Colorado Mills has been playing some really cool "old" movies the past few weeks. We saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom there last weekend, and The Last Crusade this last Friday.

Details on what movie they are playing when have been sporadic, but a manager of the theater let us know some of the upcomming movies, and I am sure some of you would like to check them out!

This weekend they are playing Office Space, and these titles are coming up Gladiator, Caddyshack, Animal House, Goonies (Chunk has to go this, its a matter or principal! ;) ) And the best of all, he let us vote on one, and we picked Bladerunner! ( I think its playing toward the end of June)

They only play them on Friday and Saturday night at midnight, for one weekend. Its played on the giant screen. You pay $7 for the ticket, buy you get a $5 game card to Jillians, which is just a hop skip and a jump, literally, from their front door.

I was very suprised by the quality of the prints they are playing, they are in no means perfect, and Crusade was missing a few frames here and there, but all and all I was suprised. Crusade was suprisingly full considering that X2 was playing at the same time and not sold out, it was not a packed house, but well over 100, Tempe of Doom had a bit more people....
    I have seen Temple several Times, and Crusade at the theater, I was amazed by all the side action I never saw in Temple of Doom!

Thanks! I will talk to you all soon!

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep, this was brought up just recently. Personally, I'm waiting for RotJ (What? This _is_ a SW board!) and Fellowship. Others I'll have to really think about, since the shows start so late. (I'm getting old... :p)

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We went to see Last Crusade, it was cool. I never seen it on the big screen till Saturday/Sunday. If you know of other movies or how to find out let us know.

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    my pants would like to be there every week ! lets see what happens !

5. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    My shorts will be there if they bring back LOTR or Jedi......otherwise I will likely be asleep.....I am old you know!! :) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.