main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Midnight Release Of AOTC Toys

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    As what the title said, what was it like in your countries (Japan, HK, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, etc)? :D

2. Auson_Dov

Auson_Dov Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2002
    On;y few people in Taiwan(around 100, i think)...but few fans still enjoy and some made comstumes of Stormtrooper(can you imagine a 1.6 m tall Stormy?)

And there is one bad thing: a black store, which often sell SW toys very expensive, gather a lot of people and they buy the-fan-mot-want to make moneys...

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There are people wearing home made Stormtropper Costumes? Got pictures? :D

Heehee, 1.6m tropper is not so bad. Have you seen the 1.5m tall Stormtropper or even the little Stormtropper (real armored one) before?

4. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, here in the Philippines I havent seen any merchandise around. I heard they cost twice the TPM toys..which suck. The whole shinola is coming in trinkets...

A home-made trooper costume aint bad. Am busy trying to make a paper-mache one myself.

5. Auson_Dov

Auson_Dov Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2002
    Well...i have see pic of them, but not in face to face.

The toy's price here is twice too....greedy shop like Hutts are everywhere in Taiwan

6. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    So toy prices all over HAVE doubled?

I have a bad feeling about this...

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Over in Singapore, TPM cost SG$15.95 (US$1=SG$1.85), POTJ $19.95 and thankfully AOTC $17.95. But I still miss the $9.95-10.95 POTF2/SOTE price tag. :(

Heard there is also Jango Fett (Toy) Gun being sold in US but never heard or see it in Singapore (we only gotten the basic and deluxe figures, vehicles, lightsabers, Lego and the 12" Figures). Hope it'll (and Zam Wesell's?) come here soon or I'll have to buy from eBay again like for my Battle Droid Blaster Rifle (Man! The Blaster was CHEAP but the shipping was a killer!)

8. Auson_Dov

Auson_Dov Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2002
    About the price in TW, YES!

Lego collection set:Vader + Maul + Emperor = 5 U.S $ = NT dollar 150

but, the shop owner sold me: NT dollar 700!!!

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Scrapler at work it seems! :mad:

I also did some search online at Auction site and some #%^&@*%# was selling AOTC Boba Fett (yes, that little boy) at SG$50! And the boy is still readily available at the shops.

10. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    >>I heard they cost twice the TPM toys..which suck. The whole shinola is coming in trinkets...
    that's because collectors get them even before the toys hit the shelves (i know, i'm one of them :p). SW brings out the best and the worst in people-- toy collecting brings out the dark side in any fan. god knows what i have to do just to make sure i get them 3 3/4 action figures, and even then not all my collection are complete (i'm still missing the Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase :_|). the official Philippine consignor of SW toys sell them at really reasonable amount (in fact its the same amount as what's retailing in the US), but its extremely limited, and once their supply runs out, the scalpers come out and displays their wares, taking advantage of the consumers and the (by then) deranged-beyond-help fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.