San Diego, CA Midnight Screening of Spiderwick Chronicles Wednesday the 13th at Midnight

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    In case you didn't see me mentioning it in the Indy thread.

I mentioned it in the Indy thread because there's a chance they'll be showing the new Indy trailer in IMAX before Spiderwick Chronicles. I know for a fact it's attached to all standard prints, just not sure it's attached to the IMAX print.

And Phil Tippet does the effects for the film. Phil Tippet did a bunch of stop-motion stuff on the original Trilogy. Like the Tauntauns. So there's a Star Wars connection too. :p

2. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Phil also put out Starship Troopers 2 [face_sick]
  3. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    And Starship Troopers (the first one) which was awesome.
  4. MtnJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    The important question is is Spiderwick even worth seeing, especially as a midnight madness? As much as I want to be among the first to see the Indy trailer, it's not worth $13 or more if one then has to sit through a movie they don't care about in the middle of the night.[face_thinking]
  5. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't spend $14 on a movie if I didn't want to see it. :p

EDIT: Well, unless it had a Star Wars Episode 7 trailer or something. [face_whistling]
  6. MtnJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Oooh, that would be hard to resist.[face_thinking] But Ep 7? Na, we already know the answer to that.
  7. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    We may know the answer but seeing it unfold would be great all the same ;)
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Brian, I'm going to bow out. I haven't really slept in the past few days (curse you, art project from hell), and don't forsee much sleep tonight either, so I'm probably going to spend tomorrow night in a sleep coma. :( Sorry!
  9. Mystical Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, as much as I would love to see the Indy Trailer, the middle of the week midnight showing is a no go for me during a school week.
  10. MtnJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I really hate bailing on Brian but I'm just not excited about Spiderwick.
  11. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
  12. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    If today wasn't the first day since Thursday of last week that someone (alright all of us...) weren't running a fever from a nasty case of the flu I would be so much more interested. Sorry Brian :(
  13. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    [:D] I still love you, Brian. I just need sleep. I got a whole 2-3 hours last night from working on my art project nonstop from 10pm last night until 4pm this afternoon. :(
  14. Mystical Jedi Knight

star 2
    WTB a friday midnight showing =( I would have went to that without a question
  15. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    There was like 8 total people there last night. [face_plain]

i.e. 6 of them were people I didn't know. [face_plain]

:(
  16. Mystical Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was worth it though if the trailer rocked, which I'm sure it did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.