main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Midnight showing at Westown Ultrascreen ( 5/15 - 5/16 )

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Bane, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    My main idea is that I'll ask the people who get behind us, "Some people are meeting us later, and we're going to be saving some seats for them, is it okay with you if they join us in line when they arrive?" Chances are people will realize that either way, there will be others sitting with us, so they won't mind. Now, ten people joining us might be tricky, but we'll work it out somehow. For the record, if we save seats for people who can't join us in line, Marcy and I like to sit pretty much as close to the middle as possible, not big fans of being too low or too high. I think there won't be too much of a problem. I doubt everyone will end up sitting together, but I think the main thing is to not get crappy seats. Plus, I really don't see the lines being horrible by 6pm, probably not until 8pm. Why are we getting in line so early? A) We like talking to fans, B) We hope to hang out with people from here and C) Since C2 is over, we miss waiting in line.

Just in case I don't wear a jersey (since they're not playing tomorrow and don't need the magic powers of my jersey), I'll definitely wear my FanForce badge.

As for the Avs, Detroit got in a fight with Roy earlier this season, and it seems to be a tradition that whenever their goalie fights Roy, they win the cup. Hasek says he knew that before he joined the melee (and used his special "slip on the ice" attack where he fell on his face).

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I like the middle of the theater too.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Middle is the best sound/sight spot. I think with getting there as early as we are, we should be able to nab it (and save a few seats to boot).

Jeff

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I agree on the middle being the best. And so do A LOT of people. Hopefully there will be seats open there. *crosses her fingers*

5. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Hehehe...see what I mean? Everyone runs for the same spot. :) You guys fight over those seats, I'll casually just walk up and take the middle of the first row of the upper portion, with the railing in front. Prop my feet up, and drink my Mountain Dew and enjoy the show. ;)

6. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Lee - that is the middle...

Jeff

7. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Nah, nobody goes for those seats first, they all want higher up. Trust me. :) Worked for TPM...worked for Spider-Man, it'll work for this. Thanks for your input though.

8. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    You can have it. I dislike that area. Railings just don't fit in with my Star Wars world. ;)

9. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    LOL - railings...

10. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I shall be there around 7:00ish... I hope. My friend from Wausau will be arriving around 8:00ish... he hopes.

Hopefully we can line up with you guys, but if not, he said as long as the two of us sit together, that's the most important thing, rather than where we sit.

Besides, we're going to see it again 10:30am at North Shore on Thursday. ;-)

-SJ/Just over 32 hours....

11. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    I usually go for the seats a little higher than mid-way up that middle section of the theatre... I like to be able to look straight at the screen... less strain on the neck that way. The sound is solid at that point too...

I still plan on being there about 3PM. For those that need to meet me to get tickets, I'll be in jeans and a dark green pullover fleece. I'll probably also have a laptop computer with me.

See everyone tomorrow! :)

12. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Huzzah for the middle seats.

I can't find my XXL fleece sweatshirt. This is bad. I'm gonna be COLD!

13. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    By the way, in case no one knows what I look like, here's a pic of my mug:

http://www.skyjammer.com/sw-ep1/graphics/photo.jpg

(I'm the one on the left. ;-) )

-SJ

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I have to sit at least half way up stadium seating. I have motion sickness/inner ear problem. If I'm up too close I feel like I'm going to Linda Blair it the entire film added with my hearing problem (though it's better now I only ask, what he say? 5 times in a film)I'm just a pain in the ass to see a film with.:)

Marcy

15. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Wampas-

I'll catch you in line then, just my buddy and I, I'm not going to try and squeeze anyone else in or anything like that. I will to be there between 7:00 and 8:00. Thanks again.

16. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.michrenfest.com/images/pic-004-stage-act.jpg]

Huzzah!

17. TarkinWasASally

TarkinWasASally Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    What about guys like me who have the golden ticket for 8?
    I think we all need to go in at the same time because there is only one ticket...
    There really isn't anything we can do if someone gets there later, they have to go through the box office at the same time as the rest of my party...
    What do you do in that situation?

18. SkyJammer

Dec 4, 2000
    I just came back from the Ultrascreen and met the guys who were first in line. They've been there since 5:40 this morning.

Apparently they were also first in line for TPM.

I'll be bringing my camera and video camera to take some footage of tonight's events. Hope I can leave the line to return it to my car....

-SJ/10 hours and 8 minutes according to my watch. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.