main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Midnight Showing Carousel Mall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok, I know alot of you this time around are going to your local theaters in costume.

I did manage to get in touch with Carousel Mall and they would love to have us back again this year for the midnight showing. So if anyone can come tomorrow night in costume or in your SCJ shirt to help. Channel 9 news will be there and will be doing interviews as well.

Please post if you can make it

Thanks!!!

2. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I still don't have a costume, but I will be there. When is everyone going to show up?

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im going to be there about 8:30 ish to set up the fan table etc
    :)

4. e8ght

e8ght Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    When I came out of the premier for Star Wars I was walking around looking at all the costumes and I saw you guy's table set up. I looked around and picked up a flyer with this board's link on it. Anyways, I think it was really cool you guys dressed up and stuff. You guys had great costumes. For real.

5. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    A big thanks to Vicky for putting this together! It was great to see everyone who was there, and sure beat going by myself! Now I just have to stay awake for the ER finale tonight and I'm all set.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Special BIG thanks to everyone who helped last night! I feel the event went well.... :)

We had alot of compliments regarding our group and our costumes. We were even asked back at different movie premieres including Harry Potter!

Thanks to Carousel for having us there and treating us so well, I had a great time seeing our old friends and making new ones!

I do have to give an extremely special thank you to our "chewie" who wishes to remain anonymous.... I am hoping he may make another appearance in the future sometime. ;) *hint hint*

We have had some inquiries from people who saw us last night. Lets give them a warm welcome on the boards as they post!!! I think we should think about a costume workshop before the parade in case anyone needs to tweak a costume or actually make a new one ;)

Thanks again guys! You rock!!!!!! :)

PS - I stayed home today from work and watched us on the news all day ;) LOL if someone taped the live broadcast from last night can I get a copy of the tape?

Thanks!

7. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    And if someone can get it onto a computer, I'd love it. We were interviewed by the local paper in line, but the article sucked. The writer had no idea what he was doing, and I think was at least a little determined to paint us negatively. "What do you call yourselves?"

"Usually fans, sometimes fanatics," I reply, laughing. "Other terms are geek, nerd, and such, but in the media it's usually considered offenseive, so I wouldn't use those," I continue, still chuckling.

And what does he do but use the word "nerd", which I find the most offensive of all.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Nice ;)

Gotta love it. *sighs*

Did you guys have fun though? :)

9. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Anyone get any photos?

10. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I was at the midnight show and I just wanted to stop by and compliment you all on your costumes. They all look really nice. I was really impressed by whoever put together that Chewbacca costume. Top notch stuff.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    We have pics we will have to post them to the website.....

soon.. promise :)

12. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Heck yeah we had fun!

Totally made up for the day which was growing more lackluster by the hour... meh. Too many small difficulties. Definite payoff at the end though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.