main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Midnight showing in the Portland area!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DoubleBladedSaber, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Well, if you consider Cornelius in the Portland area. :) I just got off the phone with someone at Cornelius 9 (for those who don't know, it's a nicely-renovated theater that just reopened about 6 months ago, with THX, DD and DTS screens) and he said:

1) Tickets will go on sale tomorrow or Wednesday, he wasn't positive which.

2) They will be having a 12:01 showing.

I live in Hillsboro, so you can imagine the glee in my voice when he said that! :) So this is a nice fallback in case Eastport ends up doing a Regal. The theater number is 503-844-0891. I hope to see some of you there!

- Rob

2. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Cool! The Wilsonville 9 Regal theater is doing a Midnight showing, too, though the tickets for it won't go on sale until this weekend. That's probably where I'll be. :)

3. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    I just got MIDNIGHT tickets in downtown Portland!

Broadway has got them, and they're throwing a big bash.

I've talked to the Eastport management and they've said there will be NO midnight at Eastport.

So, for us Portlanders it looks like the only real party will be at Broadway. :D So GO!! Get them now!

4. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I just ordered tickets thru www.fandango.com and got 2 tickets for the 12:01am showing at Regal Broadway Metro 4
    Theatres, located at 1000 SW Broadway in SW PDX!!!! When you get the times for AOTC you'll have to scroll back to Wedenesday May 15th and it will say 12:01a for 05/16/02. If you can't buy them online the Broadway office will open for purchases at 2:00pm tomorrow. I called them and they were closed already nd that is what the gal told me.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes but Cornelius 9 is one of only TWO THX theatres in the entire city! And trust me, THX makes a HUGE difference. I highly recommend checking this place out. See my post in the AOTC Tickets and You thread.

6. DoubleBladedSaber

DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I just got off the phone with someone at Cornelius 9, and he said tickets would be going on sale this afternoon! :)

7. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I got mine of Fandango.com at the Evergreen Parkway Theatre in Hillsboro... mmmmmm Stadium Rising seats and THX...

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Sorry Evergreen Parkway is not THX.

9. stormydude

stormydude Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I thought Evergreen wasn't THX. Thats why I got tickets for Cornelius even though Evergreen is down the street from me.

10. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    well crap...

11. gothman

gothman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Just bought my midnight tickets for Broadway at the box office. The cashier didn;'t even know that there was a midnight showing, but I told him to scroll back to 'Wednesday' and there it was. They don't even have the show listed on the little flyer in the box office window. Heh heh...
    Yeah, this experience buying tickets was A LOT more pleasureable than '99.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    W00t!!!!! I got my tickets for the midnight show at Cornelius!

Hey loganslay, yer name is Rob... did you used to work at Stream?

13. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    ...And I just got mine for a midnight showing in Wilsonville. :D

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeh but mine's THX... :p

And the tickets were $6.75... :D

15. Currald

Currald Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    When I went to Century 16 out on NE 82nd to buy my tickets they said that they had a midnight showing. There were still tickets available as of 11 AM yesterday... I'll be going to the 5PM show, though. I guess I'm just not 'core.

16. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    yes I did... how did you know that?... man people stalking me again?

17. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    heh I just figured out who ya are... :)

I saw ya at the store remember?

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeh bomb diggity! Now we can chat!

19. oregonjedi

oregonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    did you guys both work at stream?
    do either of you STILL work there?
    -Brent

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    We both worked there. I no longer do and I don't believe he does either...

21. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    nope don't work at Stream anymore... you can only stand it for a while... then you'll go insane...

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    "I got mine of Fandango.com at the Evergreen Parkway Theatre in Hillsboro... mmmmmm Stadium Rising seats and THX..."

Hey, I would like to meet you maybe if possible! I'll be at Evergreen for the midnight showing. It's my local theater and one of the best in the city, regardless of whether it is THX or not, it's a quality theater generally. I have my problems with them, but... mostly good. Aside from the fact it is Regal :( lol.

Anyway, if you get in line early at all, you will notice me. I'll be somewhere at the front hopefully as my friend and I are getting in line 24 hours early. We were going to camp 3 days early but the stupid manager there was against it, really ruined my plans. :( I was going to get in line Monday morning too, it'd have been so fun.

I always wear a polo shirt. Always. So, that might help you spot me, plus I wear black pants always, generally wear sunglasses regardless of the weather (I have prescription sunglasses that are 100 times better than any normal glasses as they do not distort around the edges or anything). I'm 5'10" and 145 or so, brown hair.

Hehe, we should definitely meet just because it'd be cool, and I'm actually going with another guy who I met online at a forum and later discovered he lives in the same city. Funny enough, of the people I met at this particular forum that I met this guy at, he was only one of three SW fans including me who lived in Portland. Out of about 75 people, 3 of us were from Portland, lol, not bad! Also my best friend will be there at the midnight showing plus one of his friends who is a girl (but not his girlfriend; she's not into it, whatever).

23. DarthVerso

DarthVerso Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2001
    ok, a couple of things:

a) Didn't everybody do time at stream at some point? It's like Kevin Bacon, nobody is more than six degrees from it.

b) I got tix for midnight @ Eastport, and the infinitely helpful and kind person at the counter said that there were a number of tickets left, and this was yesterday afternoon. Get while the gettin's good, kiddies. She also told me I would want to show up extra early since it was a Star Wars movie and everything. I smiled and leaned over the counter and said "You know how you just told me to show up early for the movie?" she said yes and I said "I'm the one that shows up at noon for the midnight show and brings a blanket and a lawn chair and a lightsaber. You don't have to tell me." She looked a little afraid (to put it mildly, I don't look the type) and I smirked a little bit and left. There's my story for you today. :)

24. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    24 hours... I was thinking around 3pm... but if you want I'll meet up with you and we can go in shifts... like two at a time... what do you think? email me if you can nero@anotherdamnwebsite.com

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    There's nothing wrong with 3:00 p.m., hehe, you should be fine then, but my friend and I have time to kill, and to be honest, we aren't going to be thinking about anything else besides Star Wars all day anyway so why not?

I usually am a really productive person, get tons done each day, sometimes work 12 hours on my projects, yet the last three to four days have been totally worthless. I mean, lol, I have sat on my butt and posted on a few SW forums, checked TFN religiously, and sat here thinking about AOTC. That is basically it.

So I assure you I will get nothing done on the 15th regardless, which is why I figured why not just wait in line. :)

I will e-mail you tonight, but I am sure we can definitely meet up and whatnot.

Great story there up above, btw, hehe, about coming to the theater at noon with your saber :)

I WILL bring my saber that I got at midnight madness and I'll definitely be there early enough to claim my seat, haha. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.