main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Midnight showing in the Portland area!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DoubleBladedSaber, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Will anybody be at Regal Broadway downtown PDX? Just curious what will be going on before the movie starts. I am going to get there around 9pm to get in line.

2. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    k sounds good... just email me about your plans and I'll meet up with you... I think I'm gonna have like 5 people total including me... so we'll see... talk to you later then

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'll be at the Cornelius 9. Did I mention THX? :D

4. DarthVerso

DarthVerso Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2001
    You mighta mentioned it once or twice, Strilo. You scruffy looking nerfherder. :)

Eastport is THX too, right? Something makes me think so. I'm considering the suggestion made about going to the digital theatre in seattle and telling them you're only here for the digital theatre so they know for sure that it was a good investment. I want to tell Eastport (aside from Thanks For Not Being Regal) that I was going there (and paying more) because they're THX.

Anyway! What have you all heard in reviews and stuff? Ebert and notSiskel gave it a mixed review, and not that I care or anything (I mean, Ebert helped write Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls for sobbing out loud!!) but a couple reports I heard said that people enjoyed it more than TPM anyway (but I liked a lot of things better than TPM), so I was wondering what you all have read or seen thus far. I haven't heard much, but what I have heard has been mixed. Personally I'm hoping that Uncle George set this up like this on purpose: With ANH he wasn't sure he'd get a shot at any more, but this time he knows he has three movies to tell the tale, so he's taking his time. Part of what makes ESB the best of the OT is that there's more story than the others: We know who they are and what they're about and we can get right down to the action. ANH has setup, and ROJ has wrapup, only ESB gets to just tell story. Too bad he didn't ask Irvin Kershner and Lawrence Kasdan back for this second installment as well. :)

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes Eastport Century 16 is indeed THX! Good call DarthVerso!

:D

6. WinduWasher

WinduWasher Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Hey guys... I wanted to give you all a heads up. THERE HAVE BEEN MORE 12AM SHOWS ADDED IN PORTLAND!!! Check out Fandango and you'll see... there's a 12:02am show at Evergreen, Tigard, and Lloyd... Enjoy the show!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.