main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Shaun, are you the Shaun I know from Triple Play?

Jacob

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999

**IMPORTANT NOTICE**

Tim just called from the Paradiso and asked me to post that anyone who wants to exchange their 12:01 showing non-digital tickets for 12:02 showing Digital tickets needs to do it TODAY! They are selling FAST and do not know how much longer they can hold our spots.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Is he exchanging ours, Trace?

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I've taken care of the ones I bought. Brandon was off today, but JoAnn at the counter told me that things are moving really fast, and that our folks really should get down there today if they want to exchange their tickets.

5. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    whoo hoo!

i gots kicked outta paradiso today!
    i met up with the courrier who delivered ROTS to the theater and she tried to get me in, but after about 10 min of the movie a security guard taking role spotted me in the corner and asked me to leave.

oh and it was in digital!
    it looks sooo good!!!

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You go, Philip! Those rats should've invited us after all of the mess!

7. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I exchanged my tickets at the Paradiso during a late lunch around 2pm this afternoon. The nice old lady at the ticket counter asked if I was with the fan club, and said that fan club members NEED TO GET THERE FAST. She said they are nearing a sellout, and she didn't think they had enough 12:02am tickets left to cover all the exchanges. In fact, there was a couple in line in front of me who bought some 12:02am tickets (not exchanged...bought).

As an aside, the Paradiso lady noticed my Action News 5 ID that I wear while I'm working. She asked why I wasn't at the press screening that was going on AT THAT VERY MOMENT! They have it there now!!!!! I thought that was funny.

8. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I got my ticket at lunch today and the lady at the counter thought I was there for the press release. If I had the time I'd have sneaked in.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I wish they had made that same offer to me. Blast, I need to get me a press pass.

10. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    yeah, a press pass woulda been nice

"im not the intruder ur looking for" didnt really work with the guards

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    According to the Malco online ticket sales website, there are only 68 tickets left for the 12:02 AM showing as of this morning. If you haven't exchanged your tickets, get down there now before they're gone.

12. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    34 when i checked!
    1 for the film showing

13. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Current Ticket info as of 11:52pm Friday the 6th

SOLD OUT: for 12:02am Digital #14
    1 LEFT: for 12:01am Screen #1

I have a few extra tickets for those who weren't able to get theirs. Here is my situation:

SCREEN #14 12:02 AM DIGITAL

Bought 8 Tickets (0 extra)

Jon(me)
    Rachel
    Ronny
    Lousie
    Andrew
    Izix(some guy my gf knows from SWG)
    Chuck
    Trish

SCREEN #1 12:01 AM FILM

Bought 5 Tickets (5 extra)

No One as of 11:51pm(Switched to Digital Showing)

If you would like a ticket please send me a PM and I will give them out in the order I receive them. I'd like it if you'd limit to 1 or 2 per PM (so it will give people who aren't up all night on the computer a chance) but it's up to you :p

I'll hand them out at the theatre. I'll be one of the guys in stormtrooper armor. Can't be too hard to find me. Thx

14. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    All this planning and stuff...makes my brain bleed!

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You're telling me! :p

16. DarthShaun

DarthShaun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2004
    They have opened another midnight showing of Star Wars Episode 3 at the Paradiso. It's on screen 13 at 12:03AM. I wonder if it will be digital too?

17. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Hahaha! Just like in 2002, only they only had to open one extra theater. This movie has already broken pre-sell records on Fandango.

18. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Well I'm glad I didn't switch my tickets cause my buddies never got a chance to even go up there. I'll still see you guys that night, we just won't be able to share the first viewing together....sad it is, yes.

19. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm so psyched right now I can't stand myself!!! I'm ready fer the 18th. The only thing is I don't know for sure when I will be able to get to the theater. I am willing to fix munchies to bring if someone would be nice enough to save me one spot in line.

20. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    ARRRGGGGHHHHHH! Of course today my buddy emails me and tells me that they were able to go up there and trade out their tickets!!!!! They didn't call me back to tell me they were going to! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Anybody got any spares? I can make it worth your while :)

21. matthewyadron

matthewyadron Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm sure this has already been asked, but what is an ideal time to start lining up? I have to work Thurs and Fri... but I will definately be done around 6 or 7pm on Thurs.

I'm planning on getting tickets from the 12:04 showing at Paridiso, and can be there like 4 or 5 hours in advance? Is that too early? Too late? I've never waited more than 20 minutes for a film to start, much less never camped out for a SW film. Just wondering what yall suggest.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Matthew: I'm planning on getting there at 4 pm, mainly because of the news coverage for the club. However, I guess it's all a matter of personal choice. Of course, remember that you're getting in line for a better choice in seats, not just to get in to see the film.

And welcome!

23. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I'll be there ASAP, man. I get off work at 5pm, and will have to change. Plus, I have to stop to buy some dinner for later that afternoon.

Proud to have my TIX already, too! whew!

24. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    im planning on 3:30 or so
    and i'll have a big cooler. i've been noticing the temperature keeps going up and i'll be wearing all black...
    so yeah, big cooler

25. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I can't decide whether I want to do the whole 12 hour wait thing. I've wanted to show up there at noon and just wait from there but I know April won't go that far. She's probably going to be leaving work at 11am that day and that wouldn't leave much time to get everything prepared. I figure if I get there soon enough though that I can begin to spread the word that I'm looking to trade 12:01 tickets for 12:02 (communication with my friends is non-existant!). I'm gonna be making it a pretty sweet deal because it's just as important to me to see the film with my buddies and you guys as it is just to see the film.

Is the digital showing gonna be on the grand screen? I figure if not someone will be willing to trade just to be able to sit in the grand screen and see it. I still can't beleive it, the 1 time I up try to plan something with my buds and say "hey you guys need to go do this pronto", they actually do it and don't tell me instead of waiting until the last minute like always. Now i understand why April stays away from planned functions that include them, it's a headache and they never go right. Gotta love 'em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.