main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Kevin, I hate to break your heart, but I don't want to be any part of being your love interest!!!!!!!!!!! :p

2. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Hey All,
    I'm a member of the St.Louis Fanforce, and it looks like I will be visiting family in Memphis around the time of the ROTS premiere. I was wondering if it may be permitted for me to defect to your group for a few days so I don't miss all the craziness that week.
    I will be at CIII if some of you want to spec us out(Mom's in on it, too :-B). Our group up the river is big and active, and those that are there would be up to meeting you, I'm sure.
    Or, we could just crash your party on the 19th. I doubt you'd be that hard to find. ;)

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Come on down, E. We're always looking for someone new to join the party.

4. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Didn't Chewbraca almost get arrested for his costume for Midsouth con? I read about it and I think, perhaps w/Memphis cops, some care should be taken.

5. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Saw the EP III trailer with SIN CITY. If you watch rated R movies, see this one. It was fabuloso. Sorry Jacob, lotsa nudity, language, and violence. But the visual style is one to appreciate.

6. Meatypants

Meatypants Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    RE: Sin City.

Yes, it was visual and all, but didn't you find the whole endeavor kind of heartless; especially considering that it was supposed to be three love stories (according to Miller himself)?

I dunno. It kills me that the prequels get lambasted for being hokey, having bad dialogue, heartless acting, bad characters, and too much CGI. Then Sin City does the same thing, and its a masterpiece of modern cinema. BS.

TPM, AOTC, and Moulin Rouge were very heartfelt movies. Sin City just leaves you cold.

7. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    ???? But there were three love stories.

8. JediMasterBaytes

JediMasterBaytes Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I didn't like it either. I was falling asleep during the whole thing. I haven't fallen asleep at a theater since I saw Cool World.

9. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    Just so you know, I got my name from this
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/tk1427/JediMasterBaytes.jpg]

10. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Sin City's three love stories
    Marv & Goldie - a brute who will do anything for the only person to ever show him any kindness
    Dwight & Gail - a guy who can never have the woman he truly loves fighting to keep her safe
    Hartigan & Nancy - an old man doing whatever he can to protect the one person who believes in him.

Slivers of hope in a dark city.

I loved it. Of course, I've loved the Sin City comics I've read, and this is the most faithful adaptation of any comic to the screen in history, so that makes sense.

-Joe

11. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    Lin, we need to do a comic about the adventures of Obi GYN and Master Baytes :p

12. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    I loved Sin City. Maybe 'cause I read the comics as they came out years ago. Also, I'll support Rodriguez's films just because he backed Lucas, one of the only ones, when he first started using digital.

We don't have to worry about the Memphis police, they could care less who's doing what. If they do give us trouble, we'll just call Herenton to cuss 'em out on the street. :)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I have info from Tommy Davis at 94.1 The Buzz. Unfortunately, it's on my other computer's email program, so I won't be able to post it tonight. It doesn't appear that they're hosting the midnight showing, so we probably won't be tied to anything for that.

14. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    No word from the Malco?

Jedi Master Baytes...:)

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Aha! So you're JMB! I should've known. TF.N can't say crap about it because it's a SW Comic Character.

Nope. Nothing from Malco. They suck.

16. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    No Tim, it's actually me!!!!!

Chuck

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah.... Good job! You really threw me off there, Chuck.

18. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    I really wanted to try to see how long it would take for someone to figure it out but I gave in. Plus Skip knew it was me before I even registered it.

19. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Yeah, I was thinking it was either Tim or Lin, and Tim and Lin each thought it was the other one.
    Good job, Chuck.

(But I knew it wasn't Jacob, since he won't watch Sin City)

-Joe

20. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    What does it have to do with Sin City?

I thought it was hilarious--It seems like someone mentioned that Jedi to me earlier. Was it you, Chuck? I was talking to someone about the comic and they mentioned it, or maybe I noticed myself, but I'm rarely that quick...
    Muley's nipples were a definite exception for me, as far as comebacks go... ;)

21. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    What does it have to do with Sin City?

Because Jedi Master Baytes posted that he fell asleep during Sin City.

-Joe

22. obehavekenobi

obehavekenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    Oh, right. I could have been bluffing! ;)

23. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    You guys should have know it wasn't me- I was at 'Sin City' with Leslie. NO WAY was I falling asleep!

Besides, I have hard enough time remembering all my screen names and passwords as it is- I don't need another!

24. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Lin. Lin Lin Lin. Do I have to teach you EVERYTHING??

You *ahem* "fall asleep," and happen to accidentally lean to one side with your face buried in her breast, and then--if it turns bad--you say, "Sorry, I fell asleep. You know I'd NEVER do a thing like that to you on purpose."

Mercy.

Next time we're where she is, I'll show you how it's done, okay?

On her, I mean. Your's are too hairy. Ick.

Okay, so on topic: What's the plans for this thing? I wanna go.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Here's a little info that I just received:

Malco will be selling advance tickets to the Midnight Showings of ROTS starting two weeks before the opening, so that'll be either May 4th or 5th, depending on what they consider to be the date for that release. The Paradiso does have two digital screens, including their largest auditorium (but not on the biggest screen in the house.) Cordova and Majestic will most likely be doing it as well.

So we need to nail down a location this weekend. It looks like we'll be unfettered by any media or promotional connections, so we'll be free to do what we please.

As all of you know, my vote is the Paradiso, but, as always, I want everyone's input. (Unless y'all want me to dissolve the senate! :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.