main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Can I be a Grand Moff? I vote Paradiso also.

2. JediMasterBaytes

JediMasterBaytes Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Trish and I both vote Paradiso. There will most likely be two Stormtroopers there since I'm helping someone build their kit tommorow. I told them about the SMT and directed him here but I'm not sure he has posted yet.

3. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    paradiso all the way

4. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    the paradiso sounds good to me :)

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I was afraid it'd be left up to me, and then I'd just have to go on and establish a Timpire.

So far it looks like the Paradiso for us, but I do want to hear from everybody.

6. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    You needn't ask on where I vote to attend. I will go along with the rest of the Fanforce's decision.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    You're lucky I want to go to the Paradiso. I'm the Chosen One. [face_batting]

8. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I've never done a thing with your group, but if you are warm and inviting, I'd love to attend the premiere with my wife as transplanted Ohioans at the Paradiso!!!

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Jason: We'd be happy to have you along! Make sure you catch our first Drive-In Night of the season, too. We're planning a double feature of TPM & AOTC for the Saturday right before the opening of ROTS.

10. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Somebody email me instructions on getting my ticket for this thing! I wanna go!!

11. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I will be there no matter where it is. Its great we can get advance tix.

I ran into a couple in the Star Wars section of Barnes & Noble last week and gave them a pen and told them we were planning to go to the midnite show. They were from out of town, but you never know!

Emily, a server at Sweet Peppers Deli said her Dad is into Star Wars, so I gave her a pen too. I hope these things work to get more people.

BTW Tim, I need more pens!!!

Kelly

12. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Kelly, be careful who you give pens to. We don't want anyone showing up wearing a hockey mask weilding a machete. Could turn ugly.

13. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    I'm not giving them out to weirdos! I'm not bold enough to just walk up to someone and say "Do you want a pen. Come on, its just a pen." (wait a minute, I did that the night we all went to Walmart) I don't want people to think I'm crazy. (maybe just a little)
    But if you are in the Star Wars section of a store, looking intently at the items, I am going to ask if your a fan. I think thats ok.
    If I really wanted to freak out the normals, I would wear my Leia costume (once its finished) out in public handing out flyers for game night! (Hey, thats not a bad idea)
    Anyway, I wasn't named Most School Spirited my Senior year for nothing. I am a cheerleader for just about anything worthwhile. (without the uniform and nasty attitude)
    Most people like Star Wars without any influence from me. (and those who don't will be crushed by the Republic)
    I'm just a passionate person.

If I hadn't seen the flash of a lightsaber at RMH Big Scoop last year, I would not have known about this "pitiful little band". Oops, I mean great group of friends! Really! No, really! Okay, I'll shut up now.

Kelly

14. obehavekenobi

obehavekenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    If I hadn't seen the flash of a lightsaber at RMH Big Scoop last year...
    Okay, who flashed Kelly? :confused: :eek: ;)

15. Zeke_WW

Zeke_WW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Me and my rebel friends having been looking for a line party to attend, get into full garb (lightsabers and all)......wondered if you like-minded fans are doing the same... Is all this going down at the Paradiso and what time do you think we should start lining up?

ADVANCE TICKETS!!! WHERE, WHERE...(calm down geek boy) I checked Fandango and they aren't available there...

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Kelly said, "I'm not giving them out to weirdos! I'm not bold enough to just walk up to someone and say "Do you want a pen. Come on, its just a pen.""

I did that at Toys R Us. I said, "Here, want a pen?" the dude said, "Nah." I said, "Yes you do, it's free. Take the pen. Take it."

He took the pen.

Then he ran.

Fast.
    ===============================

So, tickets. In advance. How, where, when? I need.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    For those of you asking about advance tickets, here's what Tim posted last week -
    Malco will be selling advance tickets to the Midnight Showings of ROTS starting two weeks before the opening, so that'll be either May 4th or 5th, depending on what they consider to be the date for that release.

-Joe

18. Meatypants

Meatypants Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Finally, the wait is over.

"The Paradiso does have two digital screens, including their largest auditorium (but not on the biggest screen in the house.)"

*cough*toldyou*cough*

Why do we care that the auditorium has lots of seats. It's the screen that matters, folks.

Are you guys really telling me you want to see this movie on a bitch screen the size of Jon Bon Jovi's personal screening room just so you can be at the flagship theater with THX?

Ladies and gents, I know I'm probably talking to myself here, but here me out. If nothing else, shouldn't we be talking to Malco management about having Digital (DLP) projection, but not having the most high profile Digital film (and most important film of the year) on their largest screen at their supposed flagship site? It's simply ridiculous that you would want to see this on anything but the largest screen possible, guys.

Anyone wants a quality Digital experience (and yes, really ******, old seats), you can join us at the Majestic. Bring your own crack cocaine and firearms. [face_plain]

19. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Yeah, I always bring my crack cocaine to the movies....I don't think it's a matter of the screen being the largest....I just don't think any of us wanna be ....how do I break this easily. Well I don't want to deal with countless groups of so called..."Gangsta...(Insert curse here)" yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs and throwing hands in the air every time a Gungan throws a blue ball. It's a person's perogative...so go for it bro...Head on out to the big screen of Majestic, have fun, enjoy the experience.

20. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Antone and Janet got their tickets at the Muvico at Peabody Place already from the internet. I told him I'd tell him for sure where the SMT will be going, but--where?

Waiting on a final answer!

21. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Paradiso is good for me- I can make it there in under 15 minutes from my house. Give me the word and I'll go get my ticket!

22. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I vote for Paridiso, it's in the "loop". I really don't have enough ammo to make it out to the Majestic.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Paradiso it is.

It's every man for himself when it comes to getting tickets, so be ready next week to get down to the Paradiso.

Your Emperor has spoken.

And welcome to our newbies, Tommy and Hollie.

24. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Poor ol' Antone and Janet bought their tix for the Muvico at Peabody. Someone call me, PLEASE, when it's time to go buy tix!! (Lin, I'll drive! We'll get there in 25 seconds!)

25. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    25 seconds..? Dang, you're slowing down in your old age!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.