Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Heheheheheh.... The Force told me to go to the Malco website this afternoon.

Or maybe it was the Bombay Saphire.
  2. Darth_RobDog Jedi Knight

star 1
    Darth_RobDog makes a VERY RARE apparence.

I just mine & Kelly's tickets.

We are both hoping for a costume day so we can be ready for Premiere.
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    We've got a good crowd so far for the Paradiso. We're up to 17 people so far that have already bought their tickets.
  4. jsp2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This will be a day long remembered. Count myself, my wife, and a buddy in.

What has been the precedent in the past for when the line started. A friend (who is off work on the 18th) was planning on going over in the afternoon. When I lived in Columbus, the line started that early (gotta get that SW fellowship in before the movie). How about here?
  5. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Well, considering that this will be my first Midnight showing, and apparently my last (unless we get SW 3D), I really don't have a precedent to call upon.

Also, since the SMT was formed 3 1/2 months after AOTC, there's no tradition to point to, either.

So, let's just make our own plans.

Line party, anyone?

I think the earliest a lot of us can get there is 5 or 5:30 pm. We should play trivia and whatnot, and see if we can't make this an event after all, (even if Malco and the local media don't seem to give a crap about the midnight showing)! So, say, weather permitting, we don our costumes, start lining up around six or seven and find a way to make it a real party? It's the last Star Wars movie we'll ever get to celebrate. Let's make it memorable.
  6. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    We started in line at about noon for AOTC and got good seats. I'm sitting by the rail in the front so I can prop and get comfortable. We should probably get in line around then, and bring Trival Pursuit, the laptop maybe for movies, lawn chairs, blankets, etc.

And Jon, we don't have to have your real name (now that we've demanded it from you!!!:eek:), I know some folks don't like giving it out over teh internet. Hopefully you don't mind, but if you meet face to face it's easier to know first names and some people can't get used to screenames. :)
  7. gooshy Force Ghost

star 1
    Yeah unfortunately I didn't make it out to Paradiso this afternoon because we went to a theatre in Bartlett instead of the paradiso. Hopefully you all didn't buy all the tickets! If not, I'm picking mine up tomorrow ;) And I will of course be there (in trooper depending on weather) with a few friends to start the line afternoon 18th (aparently my friend is bringing a tent in the morning of 18th, but then again hes probably joking.. or is he?) :p

CROSS FINGERS FOR WEATHER!

Edit: Heh, it's alright. I don't mind :p
  8. Mistoffelees Jedi Knight

star 1
    hooray! i got my ticket...

a line party sounds fantastic - are we going to bring refreshments?
  9. massreality Jedi Padawan

I just got my three tickets. I'll see you guys there.

Brandon
  10. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    The crowd keeps growing. Whatever we do, we don't want to get it overly complex. Remember: Anything we bring has to either be put up before we go in or taken in with us. Food and drinks will most likely be nearly impossible to wrangle at this, especially with it being out in the open and in public.
  12. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    I have it now!! Yeah....I'm excited....or am I just cold...can't tell the difference right now. Anyhoo...I will be at the Parasido with bells on!!
  13. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hollie: "I'm excited....or am I just cold...can't tell the difference right now."

[face_laugh]

BTW- Are you any relation to Wes Yahola?

OK, so how many are coming out in costume?

Emperor PalpaTim and his puppets will be there for sure!
  14. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Qui-Gon Tim posted on 4/29/05 6:35am

/>

Any food you bring should be able to be put in your bag (like candy and a coke) for that night. What we did was lay a blanket out and then played games etc right up until about 11:30 then you take it back to the car. You can hold spots in line for this. ;)/>/>
  15. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    Wes is my "man servant" or as some call him my husband. So I guess I'm related..
  16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Rhonda: About what time did folks start seriously lining up last time?

Hollie: Aha! Do you make him wear the Slave Leia outfit? If not, I can custom-make him one for the low, low price of $1000.00. :p
  17. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Noon or so.

Seriously.

No costume for me, just real comfortable clothes. And you can do the line in shifts only one person has to be there.
  18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I doubt I can get off that early since we'll probably be short-staffed. I'm planning on taking that Thursday off if I can. My brother-in-law/boss may be out of town that day as well, which means that my groggy, sleepy butt will have to be at work. Pity.

Can't I just put a cardboard cutout of me in the line at 7:00 am on Wednesday instead?
  19. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    One of us can be there earlier, we just need to start working out some kind of plan.
  20. IrishThunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was planning to line up about 4pm. I figure 8 hours in line will be enough for me. Last time I got a really good seat and I don't think I waiting that long.
  21. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, I'm off work at 5:30 pm and can drive over if someone else'll meet me there. I don't wanna be there by my lonesome. I HOPE to have a SITH outfit by then, and Antone has his already well on its way.

Tim, you bringin' the Puppets? Heh heh...
  22. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I came after work last time, but we had someone get there about 2 to hold our place. We were about 9th or 10th in line at the Majestic. It also makes a difference in what theater. More may be going to the Paradiso and seating accomodation is smaller. And the Majestic had to open up two more thaters unplanned (some folks had to see it in regular film) because the midnight showing filled up. I don't know how far Paradiso will go if it sells out (the first screen) or if they will open the other digital screen to show it (if they haven't already) if the first showing sells out.
  23. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'd be willing to bet they've already planned on it. Although, Malco seems pretty damned disorganized about this.

Maybe I can pull a Jedi Mind Trick and get out of here early on the 18th.
  24. IrishThunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've taken the 18th and the 19th off so I might try to start the line, just depends really. At the muvico back for ep2, the first guy in the line had been there since noon. I've got all day to just sit there and wait. It'll be so much fun!
  25. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I get off work at 3:30pm, can slide by the house and slip on part of my costume (the pants and top) then put the rest on once I'm there. It usually takes two folks to put it all on anyway!

There's a McAllister's and a sub place in that parking lot. IF we're lined-up outside we can take turns going to snag drinks and eats if needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.