Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellrob Jedi Knight

star 2
    Rob and I are skipping out on our Financial Peace class that night so we can get in line earlier. Are the first few people in line going to hold enough places for everyone or are we going to be spread throughout the line trying to play games from a distance? We should be there about 1730. I know McAlisters is across the parking lot, so if no body minds that kind of food, we can take turns hold places in line and getting food. And with most of us in costume, we should be able to get our food in if we still have any. I know I'm not waiting in line for popcorn and cokes. (we all may be in line for the bathroom before the movie, though)

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Kelly
  2. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    *sigh*

Now this frustrates me.

If you have Digital Projection at a theater, why not say so?

The comments on the Paradiso only talk about sound inthe third paragraph and not projection, where they list projection under the Majestic, but they say Paradiso is the flagship. PUT THE PART ABOUT HAVING DIGITAL PROJECTION ON THERE IF YOU HAVE SO THERE WILL BE NO QUESTIONS!!!!

While on TFN they only have the Cordova Cinema and the Majestic listed as Digital, but don't have those theaters showing as having ROTS digital at all. I sent TFN an email with Paradiso's info and said they are showing it digital and copied Malco. They will have more than a few angry nerds now if the Paradiso show it on a regular film screen and not digital, I don't care how big the damn screen at the is.

Nashville can get their stuff together and let the media know who is showing the digital version and when - why can't sorry arse Malco in Memphis?

Ridiculous. :mad: Idiots.

They don't even have ROTS listed in "Coming Attractions", but they're selling tickets? Brilliant. :rolleyes:
  3. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Apparently someone is just plain dumb. Either that, or they have long-term loss of short-term memory.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  4. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Or they just suck.

I offered those merfs a chance to work with the SMT on this opening to make it an even bigger event. They obviously don't care enough about the fans of the film to understand what's important to us and why.
  5. gooshy Force Ghost

star 1
    Picked up my 6 tickets :)

They had 15-20 seats left when I got them today, so Im sure theyll be sold out by Saturday. So, if you haven't gotten yours let I'd go grab them asap.
  6. Mistoffelees Jedi Knight

star 1
    i get out of school at 2:30 pm on wednesdays (hooray) so i'll just run home and get my costume together, then be over at the paradiso around 3:15-3:30... i believe philip and some of our friends might join around the same time.
  7. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh my...getting in line at 3:30?! It's CIII all over again! AAAAAHHHHH!!! I'M IN LINE AGAIN!!! *faints*

I know J wants to get in line. Me, I don't. As long as we have tickets, we're getting in regardless. Most of those losers (and you know that I don't mean any of you) in line won't have tickets. So I don't see the point of standing in line for so long. Maybe I'll join everyone around 10:00 or so.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  8. blackdogotaku Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, i got my tix already
    so im not waitn in line for 9 hours
    i might get there a few hours b4 it starts and see how the line is
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    People get in line for the seats, not the tickets. You can have tickets, but if you don't get there until an hour or so before the movie, you will be sitting on the side in the very back. Somehow last time they were selling tickets so fast opening night, they managed to oversell. That's why they had to open up another screen, they had about 35 angry folks in line that had been waiting for about two hours.
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    And that's why we're getting in line early! I don't want to get stuck up at the top right next to the teenagers who are there for the heavy petting. Been there. Done that.

Malco is showing that they 60 tickets left online for the Paradiso's Midnight Showing. And they've added a Midnight showing at Cordova. About damned time they realize the extent of this film's reach.

I just sent Malco another email telling them to get off their butts and announce which format will be shown where at at which showings. I told them that every other major chain in America can tell us which showings are in digital, and that they should keep up with their colleagues, especially after the way they tout themselves as being in the "Big League".
  11. Mistoffelees Jedi Knight

star 1
    Amen, Tim.

however i don't really care if it's not in digital at the midnight showing, only because i know i'll be seeing it a few more times in theatres at least, so i'll be able to catch it in digital some other time.

of course, it would be nice...
  12. Lightshield Jedi Padawan

Hello guys, a newbie here...

I live in Corinth, MS which is about an hour and a half from Memphis. We're gonna be watching the midnight show there, and I'm about to order the tickets online for me and my pals. I just had a few questions though...

What is the main difference in the Paradiso and the Majestic?

Majestic is the one at the Peabody Place, correct?

I assume that the midnight show at the Majestic will be on their "giant screen"?

Right now we're leaning toward the Majestic... mostly because I'm not sure if I've ever been to the Paradiso. We're planning on getting a hotel and then watching it again the next afternoon.

Thanks for the help fellas!

-Lightshield
  13. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Muvico is the one downtown. I would pick the Paradiso if I were you. Some hotels close by are the Hampton Inn on Poplar, the Embassy Suites on Poplar and the Radisson and Park Avenue on Poplar. Look for something in the 6000 - 4500 block range in street addresses. The Majestic is on Winchester out east.
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Well, the 12:01 showing at the Paradiso is sold out. They've already opened up a 12:02 block for sale.
  15. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm so EXCITED!!!! I just found out that one of the theaters owned by the company I work for is getting Episode 3 and we (the employees of AMC) get a special screening the day before it comes out!!!!!! And I am SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :does happy dance: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Congrats- if you get any extra swag save some for me!
    (BTW- Tommy showed me some C3 pics and your Leia costume looked great on ya!)

I know folks like the Majestic, but the last few times I caught a flick there I felt like I was watching movies at Apletree or Southbrook! (For those of you who can remember those!) Majestic or Muvico is great for a matinee during the week. I caught Spiderman and MIB2 there on the BIG screen and it was amazing (pun intended!).

I like Paradiso because it's closer to my house, is newer, has a McAllister's next to it and a Huey's down the street!
  17. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Paradiso also has a fountain inside. Don't drink too much Pepsi, though; you'll have to pee.

I need to go by and pick up the tickets I've already purchased.
  18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    That's something I highly recommend for those of us who purchased our tickets via internet. Go by the Paradiso's kiosk and go ahead and get your real tickets before May 18th. Anything to avoid a delay in getting a seat at the Midnight showing will be helpful.
  19. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Say, are we taking turns in saving our place in line, or how does that work? Just show up and WHOOPS! I'm at the end of the line, or what? Never done this before.
  20. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks Lin!!! It was all that wonderful costume that Tim made.

Kevin, you never been to a midnight showing?!?!?!?!?! What's wrong with you?!?!?!?!?! They are so much fun!!!! I love midnight showings!!!!! That's when people dress up!!!!! You should've seen all the elves at LOTR!!!! And there are far too many Jedi to count at Star Wars, but there will only be two slaves at ours, if I go to that showing as well. But By then I would have already seen the movie, and not had time to read the book.

I had something else to say.....but I forgot. Oh well, must not have been that important.

OOH! If I do go to the midnight showing too, then I definitely need to go to our armor party here and fix my costume. Tim, do I stick that wire THROUGH the shoe or just the fabric over it???
  21. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Go through the entire shoe, and make sure that the wire twists together well on the outside, and that the twisted part can tuck under the sculpted bit and be hidden. Make sure the wire wraps around the thicker parts or the sculpt, and that the holes are close to each side of the sculpt.
  22. BlueLoriSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, thanks...I'll do that as soon as I get home today.
  23. btuck15 Jedi Padawan

hey everybody i just went and purchased tickets this morning at paradiso for the midnite showing and the people their told me it doesnt matter what your tickets say whether they are for the 1201 or the 1202 showing. its all about where you are in line.just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you were planning on waiting to show up
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Thanks, btuck15, and welcome to the SMT!

There's another good reason to get there early! Getting pushed off to a later showing could mean the difference between seeing it in digital and seeing it on film.

25. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Kevin, you never been to a midnight showing?!?!?!?!?! What's wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!
    =================================

You know I don't get out that much...

So, anyways, how does it work? We have a group place saved in line and take turns, or just do it as you can, or what?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.