Richmond,VA Midnight Showing Of ROTS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hello all!

For that don?t know, I am the Fan Force Chapter Rep for the Tidewater area. I don?t know what you all have planned for the opening showing of the new film, but if you have nothing planned I would like to invite you here to the Columbus theater for opening night.

So far the things planned are: We are currently working on recreating a part of the Cantina, and also planning on possibly having a Storm trooper camp. I have also been talking with Shannon McRandle( Mara Jade Skywalker)Via email, and just like she worked with us with the IMAX of Attack of the Clones, she has stated that she would love to come back and is not currently going to come with us to the opening night as long as she doesnt have to do something for Lucasfilms.

We will be in costumes so if you would like to join us feel free to come on down. If you want to work with us and have a great time let me know.

We will also be working it that whole weekend.
  2. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. Around here, since Richmond folks seem to be VERY Inactive, I doubt that we will do anything organized. Personally, standing in line to see a movie for more than a couple of hours is not my kind of thing...it is a movie, not something like an event at Celebration. As for going to the beach to hang out with you guys, I would love to and perhaps I can gather a couple of my gamers and see about making our way out there for a showing.

"I have also been talking with Shannon McRandle( Mara Jade Skywalker)Via email, and just like she worked with us with the IMAX of Attack of the Clones, she has stated that she would love to come back and is not currently going to come with us to the opening night as long as she doesnt have to do something for Lucasfilms."

Do let me know what happens with this...it may be the deal breaker or may set the day we try to attend...
  3. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Does this help

This is part of our conversation over email

Shannon
    Hi, nice to hear from you. Columbus Theater is having a grand opening at the same time...or close to it, and has approached me to be at the event at midnight on premiere night. I think that I'm leaning toward doing this event. I've also been invited to S. Africa, talk to the gentleman at Columbus and work something out, so if I can be there, it will be a big deal. His name is Lee and he can reached at ******************* As far as any event that
    weekend. Thanks for thinking of me and let's see what we can get together. If this doesn't work out, I'll be moving back to the area in
    June, and if another event pops up, I'll be closer by to attend.
    Shannon

That is just a snipit of her email, as I dont want to diclose any personal info.

Then to conversation moved on to Signing Autographs.

Shannon
    I'm not certain how Lee wants to handle that. I have a meeting with him April 1 to get the whole idea of things. I'm leaning towards doing it as long as LFL doesn't need me at a charity event that night.
    I will have to drive straight in and out of town for this one, so, I'll have to work out travel costs someplace, but that's my only concern. Just to
    cover expenses. Get back with me sometime that weekend and I'll let you know what he and I talked about.

After talking with Lee we have it set up to be at the meeting as well. So I will keep everyone posted.

Oh and to clarify, she is currently planning to attend as long as LFL doesnt have her do that charity event.
  4. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool! if she is only going to be there for the opening, it won't effect our coming out another day during the weekend. :) I will chat with my other people and let you know. Of course, if anyone else from Richmond is interested in going, please post. (If interested in another time than opening we can see about car-pooling)
  5. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    That sounds awsome! We would love to meet any of you anytime you would like to go out there. We are going to be out there that night and all day the 21st and 22nd.
  6. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    I have a meeting scheduled in Hampton on friday with the Regional Director of Regal Cinimas and Shannon McRandle.

I will let you all know what is decided incase anyone wants to know and come on down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.