main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Midnight Showing Of ROTS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hello all!

For that don?t know, I am the Fan Force Chapter Rep for the Tidewater area. I don?t know what you all have planned for the opening showing of the new film, but if you have nothing planned I would like to invite you here to the Columbus theater for opening night.

So far the things planned are: We are currently working on recreating a part of the Cantina, and also planning on possibly having a Storm trooper camp. I have also been talking with Shannon McRandle( Mara Jade Skywalker)Via email, and just like she worked with us with the IMAX of Attack of the Clones, she has stated that she would love to come back and is not currently going to come with us to the opening night as long as she doesnt have to do something for Lucasfilms.

We will be in costumes so if you would like to join us feel free to come on down. If you want to work with us and have a great time let me know.

We will also be set up all that weekend.

2. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Thanks for the heads-up! My fellow jedis and I will drop by....

3. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Sounds kool!

Where ya from? We will ne there wed-sat!

4. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    live in Va Beach. Name's Alan. the other jedi live in va beach too...purchased tix to the lynnhaven theatre already for midnight show, but we'll swing by Columbus earlier to say hello, it sounds cool....

5. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I live in Va Beach too, I live off Harpers Road by the Naval Station!

Glad to hear your going to come for a visit. Hopefully we can convince you to join the group!

6. SloanSolo

SloanSolo Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Is there anything going on at the Strawbridge location ? We have tickets to the midnight show there. Really, this is all about my 7 year old son who has been marking off the days on his calander since Feb 04'. He's a Star Wars ....well, he obsesses to say the least ! I want this evening to be everything he's expected. Would it be a good idea to cruise over to Columbus earlier then hit Strawbridge for the actual show ? Or would hanging at Strawbridge pre show be just fine (for a kid to be entertained/exposed to his brethern fans) ?

7. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I dont believe Strawbridge is doing a preshow. I deffinatly urge you to come on over to the Columbis theater. We will also be there from 6-10 as well as the midnight show!

Come and see our displays and costumes. There is going to be a 15 foot x-wing that was build there as well. Hope to see you there.

8. SloanSolo

SloanSolo Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Thanks jediknight88.

We will be there. I'm making the boy take a nap (yeah, right)in the afternoon so that he's awake for the show. We will stop by Columbus before heading to Strawbridge. Now all that's left is the boy deciding whether he is going as a stormtrooper or Vader. Actually, he's been working on some type of Grevious get-up involving coat hangers...

9. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Well crap.

I wish I would have checked here earlier. Myself and ten of my friends are headed to McArthur for the midnight showing. Though if you guys will be there all weekend I'll certainly make an appearance.

When's the next Tidewater Alliance metting, by the way? I didn't know we had a local fanforce until I read the article in the Daily break.

10. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Well we are going to be at Columbus in costume:

Wednesday - 6pm till midnight showing
    Thursday - Open to Close
    Friday - 6pm till 10pm
    Saturday - Open to Close

We will have all of our high quality props and replicas out there for display. We are also going to try and recreate the Cantina scene.

The 501st Garrison Tyranus will be making an appearance Saturday as well.

Hope you all come out and check us out.

11. ibrahim

ibrahim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I had a great time with you all at the theater for ROTS and I've got some pictures from the Saturday up at:

http://www.stonemonkeyproductions.com/Norfolk5212005/index.html

That was a fantastic event, very well planned! Thanks again for letting us (Garrison Tyranus) be a part of it. While I was there I met a great guy who was looking to sell a Fett costume, I expressed interest and I'm still interested. If he's out there, let me know.

Cheers,
    Luke
    TD-1009
    Garrison Tyranus

12. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Pretty sure that was me that you were talking to about the Fett COstume. Still working on getting it all from indiana to virginia. I will let you know once it is all here.

13. ibrahim

ibrahim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks jediknight88, good to have met you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.