Madison, WI Midnight showing

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Brent, what time are you going to be there Wednesday?

I might take that day off as well to "camp out" with you.

I'll probably take Wed - Fri off... depending on when you are going to be there.
    If it's gonna be afternoon, I'll work Wed.
  2. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    With out a doubt I'll be there Wedensday, with ticket in hand
  3. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Speaking of tickets...

When will they be going on sale (keeping in mind previous ticket sales dates)?

I can't remember, but I think they would be going on sale around May 17th???

Anyone have a clue on this?
  4. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my tickets to Episode 1 a week before, I guess we'll have to find out, maybe have one or two of us go and buy a couple tickets and the others could pay them back or something
  5. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For Episode 2, I got mine about two weeks in advance.

I was at Point tonight, and they said that they didn't know when the tickets would go on sale.
  6. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    well as soon as someone finds out be sure to tell everyone so we can make plans on picking some up
  7. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I would like to know as well.

Forcebewitya!
  8. resnictem Force Ghost

star 2
    Does anyone know how long the movie is going to last? Or where I might find this kind of information? I am cabbing it home after the film, so I need to know. Thanks.
  9. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    You can get a ride from one of us, if you want.
    I don't mind dropping people off after the movie.

From what I understood, the film is going to be just over two hours long. However, the film is still being editted and who knows how long it will end up being.
  10. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It's supposed to be the shortest of the Star Wars films, IIRC.
  11. resnictem Force Ghost

star 2
    I thank you for your kindness, Rick. But I don't want to put anyone out. I live over by Hilldale Mall, and I would think that you would want to jump on the Beltline to get back to the East side. As opposed to going out of your way to get me back to where I live.
  12. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually, it doesn't matter at that time of morning for me.
    If it were rush hour traffic, that could be a different story.
    The offer still stands if you like.
  13. ChiroWanKenobi Jedi Padawan

Hi everybody! I'm a life long Star Wars fan and I've moved back to the Madison area in the last year after residing in Iowa for the past 4 years (makes Tatooine seem like Naboo). I'm into the movies, the games, and through my 4-year-old, the toys, especially LEGO>. I'm new to the forums on this site and I'll be checking it periodically to see what's going on with you guys. It's awesome that there is a forum based in Madison. Thank the maker! (...of the forum, whoever that may be)
  14. resnictem Force Ghost

star 2
    Actually, if you don't mind at all, I would like to hitch a ride with someone. Saves me the wonder if the taxi I called is going to show or not.

Welcome, ChronBenKenobi!
  15. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Howdy Chiro.

resnictem, I live about 2 miles from Hilldale. If needs be, I should be able to give you a ride back afterwards.
  16. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Ruby_Red_Leader Jedi Padawan

Hi Chiro!

Anyone hear anything about Marcus Theaters selling advance tickets for ROTS on April 22nd?

It's up at Force Net at link below

Advance Ticket Sales
  18. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Nothing's set in stone yet since they aren't even sure which theatres are doing midnight shows. So we should be able to get tickets for the 19th, but no guarantees on midnight showings yet.
  19. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah it seems Marcus will start selling them the 22 of April.
    As for the Midnight showing, I think its safe to assume they will have one as they have for the last two. I believe they were at Point.
  20. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a plan, I think I will get my tickets online using some computer in my hotel at CIII. If I can't if one of you wouldnt mind buying them for me, I could pay you back, But I doubt that will be a problem.

Welcome aboard ChiroWanKenobi! wow our tiny fan force is growing. Exciting! will you be waiting in line with us then for the Midnight showing?

Forcebewitya!
  21. ChiroWanKenobi Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys!

I would love to make that midnight showing, probably at Point. I lived in Iowa for AOTC (caught a Thursday night showing at a Drive In just south of Dubuque ...very cool since I still remember watching Jedi at a Drive In when I was pretty young) I'm almost through LEGO Star Wars (ahem....with my son, of course...:0) so that won't be enough to hold me for very long!
  22. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I would love to see Star Wars in a drive thru, closest I've been was driving by a Drive thru that was airing AOTC
  23. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    ok, so the tickets are to go on sale on the 22nd (Friday), but what time?
    Will it be first thing in the morning or afternoon?
    I remember waiting in line for Ep. 1 tickets and they went on sale at noon that day.
    If they do that again, I might have to take some time off to get mine, or try to get them online. Online would be easier for me, but it was fun waiting in line last time.

Anyone have info on this yet?
  24. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For AOTC, they started selling tickets online at 9am.
  25. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it might be smart if a couple people pick up a couple extra just in case then.
    I don't see why Madison won't continue the trend of selling out Midnight viewings. And if it starts at 9 am I know I won't be able to get them until late and they might be gone by then.
    Who ever isn't able to get them could pay for one of the extras. And if no one needs them I'm sure they could be sold or given to someone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.