main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA midnight showing

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Is anyone going to any of the midnight showings tonight?

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    We were already there! Film was ..awsome..just awsome. :)

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Our opening locally was pretty well attended. It sold out on 6 screens. Very few of us in costume, though...mostly Jedi, one Padme, one trooper...I think that was about it. Oh, one Leia. Many random teenage boys with the cheapie lightsabers, sprinting across the apron of concrete in front of the theater and whacking at each other and hooting somewhat like orangutans. Or Wookies. No...definitely like orangutans.

My little group was half in costume, half not (as in, half of us were in costume, not that we all wore costumes halfway!). All in all, lots of fun.

I even loved the movie the second time through, so that was cool. Off to Sacramento tomorrow for the Days of the Force event, or whatever it's called.

Looking forward to hearing how the premiere went in your neck of Tatooine. Up here near Anchorhead, all went well. ;)

- Kai

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Premier went great. We were driven up in a superstretch Limo...had local live-feed camera coverage. Managed to STILL do a small lightsaber fight with Ani (despite a dislocated knee/and pulled and possible torn ligaments) (ok you can yell at me for that when you see me!) :) Met some awsome people and now have some new members.

Overall great time...Film is even better second time around...awsome..just awsome..and will never look at Darth the same way. Now, just what is this event you are talking about? Hmmm Inquiring minds want to know.

See ya in a week..

Force Be With You... :)

Master K

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I was at the early charity screening at the Brendan theater in Modesto. Mark Hamill was there, and some other, non-Star Wars related celebrities. We ended up having a whole theater to ourselves for our screening that night--very unexpected, and cool!

Went to the actual premiere in Dubin with some friends, was one of few in costume, but still had a great time.

Just got home from the Day of the Force, or Day With the Force (can't recall) in Sacramento. Got "General Grievous'" autograph (Matthew Wood, the voice of the General and all-around sound design wiz), and of the actress who played Barriss Offee. REALLY fun event, lots of extremely happy kids and nice interactions with folks all around. Eventually I can post a link to pics if interested.

Yay! See you at Baycon!

- Kai

P.S. Glad you were able to duel in spite of the injury, although you hopefully didn't make the injury WORSE? *stern look* Honestly, Master Kenobi, there is such a thing as moderation, you know. ;)

P.P.S. Stretch limo, eh? Getting used to these ambassadorial duties, are we? That's really cool.

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    //Stretch limo, eh? Getting used to these ambassadorial duties, are we? //

Absolutely! Plus Kenobi's new nickname is "The Chick Magnet!" ROFLMAO!!! Will have to tell you all the details about THAT one..

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow...well, you know...they say attachment is forbidden, but nothing about personal magnetism. ;)

*has image of Kenobi with chickens stuck all over robes, and winces*

8. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    so, master_kenobi *IS* going to baycon? i was under the impression that none of us were...? so i canceled my plans to go.

(damn, damn, damn)

oh well, i have no roadworthy car now anyway. bummer to miss you, kai- hopefully i can still make disneyland and meet you there!

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The trip to BayCon came up at the very very last minute, and the only reason we are able to go (cause our room had already been cancelled) is that we will be staying with friends who basically just said, "you need to get away...your staying with us." So while we will be at the Con a bit, we will also be getting away to their place in the Santa Cruz mountains cause I really need to regroup from work, school, openings, injuries, etc. (Same with Siri). So this came down literally in the last couple of days. However, LosCon in Nov is still on completely and totally. ComicCon is now about 75% happening. Still depends upon a lot of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.